• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone know hw to get rid of the squeaky pen cap?

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
Hi guys as some of you may know I got 4 MBs yesterday. I wanted to know if there is a way to make the cap screw smoother to stop the squeaky noise and feel.

The Ghandi is an absolute treat and feels butter soft but the Boheme is not and I really want to fix it.

Thx

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Squeaky pen caps........

Why put grease on the threads of the cap or watch. Then you will get greasy fingers when you want to use your pen. Here is what I have done for years, and a good many years and has always stopped the squeaks. Dab or rub some metal polish [Brasso] on the threads of your pen. Not the cap. Let it dry to a powdery form. then slowly screw back the cap with a twisting back and forth motion to polish out and smoothen the threads a few times. Remove the powdery residue from the pen and cap with mild soap and warm water. Dry the pen and cap completely after that. Repeat if necessary. No more Squeaks!!! No grease! Hope this helps. :cheers:

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
Why put grease on the threads of the cap or watch. Then you will get greasy fingers when you want to use your pen. Here is what I have done for years, and a good many years and has always stopped the squeaks. Dab or rub some metal polish [Brasso] on the threads of your pen. Not the cap. Let it dry to a powdery form. then slowly screw back the cap with a twisting back and forth motion to polish out and smoothen the threads a few times. Remove the powdery residue from the pen and cap with mild soap and warm water. Dry the pen and cap completely after that. Repeat if necessary. No more Squeaks!!! No grease! Hope this helps. :cheers:

Thanks for that mate. But I have a MB Boheme which is made of plastic/rasin would it still work on that?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Thanks for that mate. But I have a MB Boheme which is made of plastic/rasin would it still work on that?
Don't see what not mate. Give it a try anyway.