• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replica Montblanc Boheme Review

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
[AME]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHJlJRi2Qc0&feature=youtu[/AME]

mfernico

Known Member
21/3/13
Did you get it from a TD? Only Sead said he could get them and it was like $75 for a starwalker.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
its the 'other' youtube thingie apparently .... the red and white one

[AME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHJlJRi2Qc0&feature=youtu.be[/AME]

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
IF you can get them,

MONTEVERDE are superior MB (better than MB for mine) refills and half the price of the gen

cwazy1

29/2/12
Thanks man!

I got it from aobobuy, which is run by robbie, who is generally regarded as one of the best guys to buy replica boxes from.. so I would definitely trust him. He is very good with communication and shipping

Is it pronounced boheeem? or was I saying it wrong?

As for the refills, which model of that refill should I be looking at to ensure correct fitting?

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
It's pronounced bo-em.

But you first said boheem, which immediately took me back to the film Trading Places with Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroyd.

Akroyd has tickets to La Boheme but they're taken from him when he gets arrested.

The cop who is accounting for all his stuff (frank oz) pronounces it la boheem. Akroyd corrects him, which is of course, taken soooooo well.

:)

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Afaik it's just the regular rolling ball refill. Not sure which part number but theoretically MB refills fit all models. In real life though I have found one or two reps that struggle to take gen refills. Have not had any issue with the monteverde ones though. I haven't checked 'all' my pens, only 15 or so.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Oh, and well done for doing a thoughtful and detailed review.

Not sure if you've seen my posts on pens but I have done a few.

If you see Kay

26/1/09
that's right, its BO ehm.

I have one, but a fountain pen.

BTW, the fp is a retractable nib version, meaning a twist of the cap will hid the nib inside the barrel. The reps don't do that. Not sure about the ball points.

as for refills, I have the gens in mine, but they don't last very long. I just popped in a Monteverde refill in my gen Meisterstuck Classique rollerball this afternoon and it writes just like the gen.

I'm picking up a 146 this weekend.

PS only seriph will know what I'm talking about I think :hehehe:

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Yeah the Boheme rep FP is nothing like the genuine but then very few reps can really withstand more than casual ownership/inspection

146 - yummy ... beautifully simple, simply beautiful

If you see Kay

26/1/09
by the way, your video cuts right when you pull out your blue refills. I assume those are gens. As for the gen refills, I've bought about 10 of them over the life of my rollerball and each time, they last only for about 5 pages of writing.

Hope you have better luck with yours.

cwazy1

29/2/12
haha damn it now i feel like a noob for pronouncing it wrong :( good thing its an unlisted video :lol:!

yeah the blues are gen, I'm not writing too much with it at the moment, but I'm sure it should last me an OK amount. I'm going to pick up another one sometime soon

cwazy1

29/2/12
Yeah but I hear that the rep fountains are garbage.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I used a $6 Chinese fountain pen every day for a year - worked perfectly until I stood on it. Chinese rubbish!

Everyone wants things to work perfectly out of the box - Fountain pens needs running in. They require slight adjustment and cleaning .... I only know one person who uses one daily and maintains it correctly.

BTW I am not referring just to Montblanc - all FP's need care

beastly

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/12
Thanks for the video - the pen looks great. I might buy myself a few pens from aobobuy to try them out, since they are so cheap. I was actually looking to spend a bit more for the "AAA" replicas as they are described, but being that it's proving quite difficult to source those, I figure I'm not losing much by giving the cheapies a shot.

beastly

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/12
Just tried to order from Aobobuy and discovered they only accept Western Union or Moneygram. Since I've never used either, and I'm not particularly comfortable with using this type of service, are there any reputable dealers that accept credit card or (dare I say it) Paypal? I'm aware of the issues with Paypal and reps, so appreciate that's not always an option.

Thanks

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
PrincessGrace-LR.jpg

After collecting rep pens for around ten years, I have seen a huge variation in products. I've owned reps costing $10 and some thst set me back more than $100. Some of the cheapies have been excellent value but the majority have been pretty poor quality. The 'expensive' ones have all been very good, with a few very close to their genuine counterparts.

Mann.jpg

With all this stuff, quality research and a willingness to learn by trial and error (mine or trusted others) are a must. Along the way I have learned a fair amount and enjoyed the pursuit. I have also grown in understanding about the range of things that come together to not only make a really fine pen, but to get the public to pay up to $70,000 and more for them.

Mann17.jpg

So I say: buy as many cheap pens as you like. Enjoy them and chuck them when you tire of them or they break. If you develop a deeper interest, and find a pen you'd like to keep longterm, buy 4 or 5 cheapies just in case, or buy one of high quality.

MB-GG-Box4.jpg

All of this is simply my opinion and worth precisely what you paid for it

:D

GandhiPromo-LR.jpg

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
It's pronounced bo-em.

But you first said boheem, which immediately took me back to the film Trading Places with Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroyd.

Akroyd has tickets to La Boheme but they're taken from him when he gets arrested.

The cop who is accounting for all his stuff (frank oz) pronounces it la boheem. Akroyd corrects him, which is of course, taken soooooo well.

:)

Exactly what i was thinking of, Frank Oz aka voice of Kermit the frog (useless info but hey) :D: