• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quality of a replica fountain pen

Uhrenfreund

6/9/12
Hello,
i like to write with fountain pens. But the gens are to expensive. So i think i have to look for a rep. But i read in a thread here that the nibs on reps have poor quality. Is that right? Can you tell me your experience with rep fountain pens?

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
narikaa use to stock Montblanc fountain pens. you have to go for his high end stock rather than his basic stock.. I purchased his basic stock fp and yes, the nib was pretty bad.

I ended up buying his high quality fp and am still using it today. all parts are interchangeable with the gen. LITERALLY, as I have a gen as well.

Uhrenfreund

6/9/12
Ok. Then i contact narikaa. Does he has a big collection of pens. Is there a website available where i can see the pens? How much do you pay for your high quality?

If you see Kay

26/1/09
his pen collection right now is next to nothing. you have to wait till he goes on a buying spree. Go to his TD section and you can get on his mailing list and will get a link to his dropbox website.

You can also check out Trevor. He has a pretty good selection. Don't know about quality though.

If you see Kay

26/1/09

Uhrenfreund

6/9/12
Ok. I mailed him. He have no FP in stock now. I looked at Trevors site. His pens have all the same price of 18$. But i think for 18$ i will not get a high quality FP. Is this right?