• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No news on pens?

t4orce

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/1/13
I'm a lawyer and my profession is a little bit traditional so the use of fountain pens is quite common.

I tend to use my rollerball for editing and day to day writing. I will use my fountain pen for signing off on documents/letters.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
It runs out of ink so quickly.
I'm not much of a writer though.
I just carry them around in the bag and use them maybe 3 times in a week.
you need to get a piston filler rather than a cartridge/converter filled pen. Piston fillers can hold up to 3x the amount of ink in a filling. Also, if you use a finer nib, the less ink you will be using per word of writing, compared to a broad or a double broad nib. I've written almost every day with my piston filled Mont Blanc 146 and its been over three weeks since I filled it up. If 3 weeks is too soon for each fill up and you are expecting the pen to last the same time as a ballpoint, then fountain pens are not for you.

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
you need to get a piston filler rather than a cartridge/converter filled pen. Piston fillers can hold up to 3x the amount of ink in a filling. Also, if you use a finer nib, the less ink you will be using per word of writing, compared to a broad or a double broad nib. I've written almost every day with my piston filled Mont Blanc 146 and its been over three weeks since I filled it up. If 3 weeks is too soon for each fill up and you are expecting the pen to last the same time as a ballpoint, then fountain pens are not for you.

Does Mont Blanc sell the piston filler refills?
I will try that next time I buy the refills.
Thanks

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
unfortunately piston fillers are filled by sucking up the ink directly from the bottle using your pen and the ink fills the barrel of the pen, so refills are not something that equates to piston fillers.

I do agree that refill cartridges, those little plastic tubes, or it's "converter" equivalent hold pretty much next to nothing in terms of ink capacity. I could run out of ink in a week or so, hence I got several fountain pens on the go.

by the way converters are a hybrid between piston fillers and cartridges. It sucks up ink from the bottle from dipping your pen in there, but it looks and attaches onto your pen much like a cartridge. Converters and cartridges can only be used in pens that utilize this method of filling.

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
Hmm well I guess when I have my own office, I will consider it then.
Right now I just carry my pens and the ink dries out between uses.