• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No news on pens?

beastly

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/12
It's been very quiet in here, no new posts or replies yet this year!

Anyone come across any nice new pens, or planning to acquire some for sale soon? I'm still hoping to get an MB from Reg some time...

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
Trevor has pens. I was going to get some on ioffer, but i chickened out. don't quite trust it yet

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
I bought 2 MBs early this year, a George Bernard Shaw ball point and a Tribute To The Mont Blanc ball point.

I meant to put some pics on as they are really nice, but haven't got round to it yet!

I'm so impressed by the quality, I'm going to order more soon.

Graman

27/8/06
Sorry mate...no buys...just making hand over fist.

Sawdust is great for your skin :rolleyes:

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
I bought five MBs from reg. Two were excellent and three were disappointing. If he ever had them again, stick with the all stainless steel pens. Never buy Rep fountain pens because their cheap stainless steel jibs are awful to write with.

I have been buying quite a few pens recently and there isn't great value in rep pens. The "high end" pens appear to go for more than $50. For that money, you can start looking at some pre-owned gens. You can definitely find vintage gen MB fountain pens for around $100 or so on the Fountain Pen Network, eBay etc. I recently bought a new old stock Waterman Carene with a sterling silver cap cap, 18k gold trim and solid 18k medium nib for $130.00 on the bay. That was a $500+ pen a couple years ago. When values like that are available, its hard to justify spending $50 for a Rep Mb rollerball.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
There has been a lull in production - folks might know that I buy a considerable number of high-end reps, but since the Princess Grace I am unaware of any reps of more recent MB Limited Edition models

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
BTW I am having 5 reps made of the Gandhi SUPER limited edition if anyone's interested - pic to follow

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
This is the 'regular' MB Gandhi pen

GandhiPromo-LR.jpg

This is the version that caused all the issues with the Indian government and the Gandhi Society, due to its price tag of $30,000 - eventually only a handful were produced

images

... so I am making 5 - why? because the person making them would not make me ONE! Real gold and real gemstone - 3 rolling ball, 2 fountain pens

beastly

14/11/12
What sort of price are you looking at for the Gandhi pens? I'm more interested in a simple, subtle style that I could use as an everyday pen without looking out of place, but I could be tempted by something more exotic to be used on special occasions :)

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Most of the pens I buy are between $40 and $140 - it all depends on who has what - my recent Gandhi purchases were around $70 from memory.

If you search my posts/threads you will see pics of some of the ones I have

beastly

14/11/12
Can you recommend any sellers who have stock or can get some in a reasonable time scale?

I'm led to believe that Reg is the best source for MB pens (particularly the less exotic models at $20-30), but he's not had any stock for months and I've nothing to suggest he's likely to get any soon.

faberjay111

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
If any wants gen MB's...I have a Boheme Platinum (with a black stone)pen and fountain pen set. I also have a Meisterstuck gold fountain pen.