• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mark Twain unboxing...

dbane883

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/12
Well went out for a coffee and the familiar brown box with EMS label and standard mustard packing tape (is this only available in China?) was waiting for me at my desk.

View attachment 11191

Unwrapping is always a bitch as in my excitement, I must take care not to scratch the goods with my Spyderco pocket knife. Ordered two pens (although they look like wrapped mini (for some of you) dildos in these pics):
View attachment 11192

Fairly happy with the quality as I was assured that this is a "AAA" grade rep. Not sure it's it's a gen refill, but it writes really well.
View attachment 11194
View attachment 11195

'Subluminor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/10/12
Nice, looks real good.

Do rep pens have a decent weight to them? They feel solid?
I would like a nice quality pen eventually.

dbane883

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/12
Nice, looks real good.

Do rep pens have a decent weight to them? They feel solid?
I would like a nice quality pen eventually.

I went to an AD the other week and test drove a Johannes Brahms Mont Blanc. I'd say this Mark Twain has the same weight. To the layman (like me), I think 99.999% people could not tell the difference.

dbane883

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/12
Apologies if my posts above look funny. I'm not an expert at posting directly from my iPhone. Should I be posting pics from "this forum" or "tapatalk hosted". Anyhow I chose "this forum".

dbane883

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/12
Apparently it does. It came with MB branded refills (rep I assume).

Have not gone to buy real MB refills yet to confirm but I'm 99% certain gen refills will fit.

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
Well there might be a problem there mate. I got my Mark Twain today along with 3 more MBs. THe Boheme fits the gen refill perfectly but when I tried the gen refill on my Ghandi and Mark Twain it got stuck!!! bloody hell it was a battle to fix it ...I really want to fit the gen refill in it I am assuming may be there are different sizes of Gen roller ball refill... not sure about it though. Anyone else know much about Gen refills and MT?

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
These look nice!

I tried rep pens, and Reg (Narikaa) has the best in my experience, but these are

But none come close to gen... I went back to gen a long while ago and I don't think I'd do another rep pen...

To each his own, though, and these look great!

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Gen...

Montblanc+Mark+Twain.jpg

2043630_-DZE4144.jpg

pharmo786

Horology Curious
9/6/13
evening,

I know you brought from non TD. Can u give me a link where you brought from as I am seriously interested.

Thanks in advance