• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review: A Graman Masterpiece!

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Until two months ago, to me, a pen was just a pen. The term "writing instrument" seemed too much of an unnecessary mouthful for this simple everyday tool. Then, I finally found the Ink Well (2 years on RWI, and I hardly noticed this sub-fora! :facepalm: ) ....and Graman's works of art. It wasn't long before I was hooked and wanted one!

And this here, is the result. An amboyna JR Victor roller (with rhodium hardware :lol:). An exquisitely beautiful piece of work, I have to say, and I absolutely love it!

I'll let the pictures do the talking first:

First........ some Sun-kissed rhodium goodness!

01.jpg

Couple of glamour shots ( I tried.... :blushed:). The rich colour of the timber really grabs you.....

02.jpg

03.jpg

Shot of the gorgeous amboyna burl grains..... I can get lost in the swirls....

05.jpg

And finally, the pen, uncapped:

04.jpg

06.jpg

How can one not love this? Ok, I admit, I'm not a pen/ writing expert. If you asked me if thhis writes better than an MB, I wouldn't know, honestly. But, between my fingers, this sure FEELS like it writes a whole lot better!

The wonderful amboyna burl is truly a sight to behold, and it lends a sure sense of luxury to the pen. And knowing that this is an especially crafted one-off rather than a mass produced pen from a factory really adds to the feeling of "value" and "worth" when you hold it.

Graman's work and finish is faultless. And the man is a joy to deal with. I'm already trying to pick the timber for my second now! And I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone who is thinking of trying out his masterful works.

To end, yes, I still think pens are pens. But THIS.....THIS is a Writing Instrument :thumbsup:

Half the price of the MB (at least, the entry level one i have), but ten times the value.

Thanks, Graman!

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Hi markofkent - you can pm Graman. In this sub-forum, "Ink Well", he sometimes posts samples of his pens for sale.

For a better selection of sample pens and timber, if you are a member at RWG1, he is a dealer over there under Sawdust & Ink. Do check it out for the variety of pens and timber he uses...

Good luck!

Do you have a link to where you bought it from ....... I like :)

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
That is a beauty. Graman's makes the nicest pens i've ever seen, I love mine!

Graman

27/8/06
Thanks guys....and thanks Chisin for a great review!

Very glad you like it ;)