• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help in identifying my pens/refills

dbane883

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/12
Ok. I bought these three pens from another member. Not the best quality but they will serve the purpose.

What models are they and what refills do I need for them.

The silver one is a roller ball, but is a short one. The one in the middle is a roller ball as well and looks like it requires regular length refills.

The bottom one is a ball point.

Should I buy genuine MB or is another brand recommended?

Thks.

View attachment 10406

Graman

27/8/06
Likely the rollerball is either a parker gel, or a schmidt ceramic rollerball.

The ballpoint is likely a parker.

Can you take them out and post a pic of the refill?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Mmmm, Schmidt . . . :wub:

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
they are montblanc reps - take the refills out and photograph them to help me identify them, but the middle one is a rep Cervantes (a bad one) it takes an MB rolling ball refill, or for a "better" fit, buy a Monteverde MB compatible RB refill. The front pen is a ball point so it will take the BP version of the same thing - I don't recognise the back pen so can't advise but I think I recall it was an MB knockoff as well so should take the rolling ball refill as well - various TD's sell refills as well

Just check to see if the Cervantes rolling ball fits the silver pen first

dbane883

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/12
Ok. I took the refills out.

Looks like the short one is a rollerball with threading that secures it to the pen.

The middle one is actually a ball point with similar threading.

And the bottom one looks like a regular "Parker-Style" ball point.

View attachment 10435
View attachment 10436

I'm not sure if these Mont Blanc labelled refills are gen or not. So don't want to bring them to a MB AD. So model/style numbers would be great.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Lower on is def a Parker.
Just take them to a stationary shop mate. No need for an AD.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
The middle one is a rollerball refill and yes, aftermarket ones fit. There is an ebay supplier who I get mine from. They write almost as good as the gen, (about 80 - 90% quality of the gen). PM me if you want the details, as I don't think it would be kosher to send that info on here, unless mods approve, for the benefit of the community.