• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mont Blanc pens/pencils

dbane883

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/12
Where can I get a rep Mont Blanc pen? Narikka is out of the country and the only TD I know that has any.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
"A rep MB pen" can be bought from almost any dealer.

A "top quality" MB pen cannot

AAA+ replica MB Limited Edition, Patron Edition or Writer's Edition pens are another thing altogether.

Just like watches

Mann13.jpg

Hemingway1.jpg

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
"A rep MB pen" can be bought from almost any dealer.

A "top quality" MB pen cannot

AAA+ replica MB Limited Edition, Patron Edition or Writer's Edition pens are another thing altogether.

Just like watches

Mann13.jpg

Hemingway1.jpg

And the best place to procure AAA+ MB goods is? I have a roller of nice quality but would love to try these limited better versions.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
After 4 yrs researching this, there is no one place that has a definitive stock of high-end pens - do your research and post pics of the ones you're interested in and I will try to help. Be warned though - these things are as addictive (to me at least) as watches!

cwazy1

29/2/12
hmmmm..... any idea where to get a nice boheme? just a roller ball or a rep that will take gen refills?

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
"Boheme" is a bit broad as there are around 80 variations in the them, but I got a 1:1 Boheme FP in gold, (think it may have been available in silver too) with amethyst through watcheden. their site can be difficult to navigate ... well not really, but they "have" sooooooooooo many pens that it can do your head in trying to find the right ones. I am sure it would have been available as an RB too.

IMG_0759.jpg

From memory it was $69. It's a decent writer and has the added bonus of including a good replica nib - a relative rarity in reps.

IMG_0760.jpg

FYI - here is my link to gen Bohemes. It might be helpful if you want to narrow down your preferences.

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g364/Steve_Ansell/PENS/True Beauties/BOHEME/

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Starwalkers are available from most dealers - from memory, watcheden has them in a range of grades.

Just to clarify something for anyone interested: I don't know much at all about the more basic models. They are just too common - my interest/focus is on the "limiteds" but I'll try to help where I can.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Timesshop also has some, I bought one but was disappointed with the quality.

dbane883

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/12
Call me crazy, but I just ordered this from WE. What can I say? I'm impulsive. Never ordered from WE before. Should be a good experiment. Hope it takes gen MB refills!

20120822103401_643208.jpg

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
link dead

All the pens I have take MB refills .... but I never buy genuine refills - I buy Monteverde compatibles as they are superior IMHO and half the price. Many MB owners buy them as well and it was an owner of the entire MB Limited Edition collection who put me onto them

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
oooops - link alive again ... OK, that's a fantasy rep of the MB Princess Grace de Monaco. Here is a pic of the closest rep to the gen. (same manufacturer - quality is OK.... just don't drop it on its end where the "mother of pearl" is, as it will shatter)

PrincessGrace-LR.jpg

It should accept gen ballpoint refills all day.

If you see Kay

26/1/09
I have two gen MB pens but at $400 a pop, they get expensive, so I have two rep MB pens added to the stall at $40 a pop.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Depends, some are good, others are crap.
I've moved this to the pen section, do some reading in here and you will learn.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Hmmm, A Hemingway would be nice.
Any idea where from Seriph?

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
I am getting this piece in the mail as we speak:
tWWOj.jpg

As per my trusted dealer it is the best version on the market at this time... I'll post a review when I get it.

The only flaw that I can see on that pen is that the taper end is screw in instead of integrated on the gen.