• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Exercising at home

Djjunior

Looking Around
12/10/18
Simple
100 pushups
100 squats
50 crunches
50 pull ups or rows (can be bodyweight too).

3-5x a week

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Workout at home. Do Kamasutra book with your couple, you'll burn tons of calories.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pompompurin

Diesel44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/19
recently I purchased an "Ab Wheel" from adidas. its very nice for a hard workout at home. but you need a good foundation to do that exercise without getting back pain thereafter

Saules918

Looking Around
1/10/19
I have tried running 10k (each day) for 5 days per week and I lost 8kg during that month with no diet regiments (beer, junk food, McDonalds.. keep em coming).
I also noticed that more chicks eyed me during that period <--- this is your motivation.

I guess you are were running and earlier because 10k is a lot. For someone who is unfamiliar with running, I think, should start at a smaller distances :)

pokerbotme

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/2/19
Powerblocks - small footprint and can do A LOT with them.

ownREp

5/8/18
Germany
Would recommend:
PushUp's
PullUp's
Squat
-> all 3 big muscles, Chest, Back and Legs
Running
-> to burn Calories, good for your heart
till your exhausted.
To have a bar for body weight exercises at home is always good. :p

philiusmaximus

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/2/14
UK
TRX ropes are the single best piece of kit to have at home or to take away when travelling.

For video inspiration have a look at AthleanX on YouTube. He is very knowledgeable and not annoying like a lot of trainers are on YT.

KateMidd

Banned
19/3/21
I can't work out at home. If I need an intensive work out I go to the gym. Usually, I visit it three times a week. All I can do at home is yoga. I lately find it really relaxing for my body. I follow blahblahblah. There are many useful info about how to improve flexibility and physical health in general.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluesguitarist

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
30/11/21
Austria
Best in my opinion is TRX: easy to do at home, all the muscles groups are possible and you can take it with you on vacation.

diecast_

26/9/15
Australia
Somewhat of a slight bump on this topic but I'm sure it's still relevant with many countries around the world stick going in and out of lockdown/COVID19 restrictions - I know resistance bands have been mentioned but I've bought something similar to this: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLtdnCG

Basically, it's resistance bands with a bar so you can do a multitude of compound workouts at home without much equipment.

sophiass091

Banned
5/9/21
You can find something like this on the Internet, I often use exercises from the Internet. In general, I started doing sports when I was overweight and when I didn't have time to go to the gym, I worked out at home. Sport in combination with vitamins and supplements from Canada Drugs, plenty of water and proper nutrition brought me good results. Now I feel great and continue to use various new exercises from the Internet

John

Watchful
Certified
10/1/17
I've always had trouble sticking to a consistent workout routine throughout the years. But during the beginning of 2022, I was experimenting a bit and tried doing 5 sets throughout the day instead of the more traditional shorter rest periods. My rest would be pretty much 90+ min intervals (sort of my breaks in-between focused work). It started with just air squats, then slowly progressed to a whole body workout where I do the following for each set:

1. Push ups
2. Air squats
3. Crunches
4. Dumbbell bicep curls
5. Standing dumbbell shoulder press (way harder than sitting and better for your back)
6. Dumbbell side lateral raise
7. Dumbbell bent-over row

I specifically didn't mention the weight because it's not important for you to compare that. However, I will say that I prefer lower weights combined with high reps (e.g. 15-20) because my goal is to build both strength and endurance for daily living.

I used to think that you needed to have really short rest intervals (e.g. 2-5 min) in order to build muscle. But you'd be surprised at how well the results can be, especially if you do this every day, which is totally possible because you generally won't feel sore from exercising this way. It's also easier for more to stick to this routine because just doing one set lowers the pain of starting for me, but you might feel differently about it.

John

Watchful
Certified
10/1/17
The Liver King has the best content on how to get started with steroids

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
If you have limited space and exercise equipment, then you have to work with your weight.
You need to take out a support ticket at The RWI Help Desk to resolve your multi account issue or your posts will not be visible.

Sycc

Banned
22/3/23
USA
Been exercising at home, quote's around exercising - as this is what happened & I'm now my own physical therapist.

Got T-Boned on 12/22 after going Christmas (I hate Krimuss......so much) shopping. Guy hit me so hard I flew to the passenger side & when I hit the passenger side door, it flung open, and I then rolled another 20 feet. Instantly I knew something was broken. Now, my collarbone & my humerus match my femur!! (snapped it in 3x places after flying(literally) 132' out of a windshield after flipping a truck 9x)