• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Exercising at home

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
@Maron's offered to help me with this, but I was wondering if anyone else had a decent exercise routine that would work in a small apartment with limited equipment! If you work out at home, let's share ideas.

The most common one I've heard is a pull-up bar for the door, but those won't work on Japanese doorframes... I have two (smallish) dumbbells though!

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
12 ounce curls ....

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
It's tough.. ..especially in our Tokyo "mansions".

Had to do an emergency move to my smallest place yet... ~40 sq. meters down from 60, still have boxes everywhere. Doorframes are low enough that I'm bashing my head everywhere, floors are uneven. :/

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I'll email you tuesday !! :)

And he's not ready for jump squats lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

2fake4u

20/9/16
p90x or similar work pretty well if you follow the plans.

or get some of those adjustable dumbbells and a bench and you can do just about anything

darknite

Renowned Member
24/3/17
Deck of cards, flip a card and do the number of pushups, go through whole deck. Pull up bar that mounts to door, and body weight squats.. you can even hold something while squatting like a dumbell, one armed for extra core strength. All you need.

BabaNJ

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/12/16
New Jersey, USA
Install a pull up bar on door frame. 8Pull ups, 15push ups, 15any abdominal exercise without stop with 45 secs rest in between. 10sets total. Keep increasing number of reps in each exercise as your strength increases. Go running when ever you get chance.

Sent from the RWI App

yojj

I'm Pretty Popular
30/11/16
@Maron's offered to help me with this, but I was wondering if anyone else had a decent exercise routine that would work in a small apartment with limited equipment! If you work out at home, let's share ideas.

The most common one I've heard is a pull-up bar for the door, but those won't work on Japanese doorframes... I have two (smallish) dumbbells though!

Get a app called Nike Training Club, I'd say it as close you can get to a personal training as possible.

You can customize all kinds of stuff, simply go to all the workout with no equipment needed.

I've lost 8 lbs in 2-3 weeks time exercising on it.

jimmy6

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Might also want to check out some fitness apps that require no equipment and focus on body weight exercises. E.g. Freeletics and Fitstar.

Reactions: Saules918

Raspymcnasty

4/5/17
The french have a method called Jeaux Ceaux, or as we americans call it JOKO (jack off and knock out)

you get aerobic exercise and then plenty of sleep for gains.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
I have tried running 10k (each day) for 5 days per week and I lost 8kg during that month with no diet regiments (beer, junk food, McDonalds.. keep em coming).
I also noticed that more chicks eyed me during that period <--- this is your motivation.

Reactions: wisedennis

Raspymcnasty

4/5/17
or do calisthenics.
lots of intense weighted yoga / handstands / handstand pushups / assisted planche pushups

Huracan

Known Member
12/7/06
Are you overweight? Obese? Are you sitting in front of the computer all day? I ask because if u r obese then you need to lose the weight by eating right and in moderation. After reaching ur goal, you may need to get off the chair and your apartment and start a walking regimen for about an hour a day. I've been there 18 yrs ago. GL.

daytonafan76

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/16
Jump rope burns the most calories and is really fun. You can take it with you when you travel and is inexpensive. Cross Ropes brand ropes come in weights from fraction of an ounce through 3 lbs ropes to add more variety and add strength to jump roping.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

JSeyn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/17
I'm doing Freeletics. All you need is a pull up bar and your body. Sometimes space to run.
It's hard but works.
Lost 15kg in 4 months, didn't even change diets.
Quite a bit of workouts in the free version too

Darthcrab

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/6/17
UK
Push ups, squats, burpees, use a chair and do tricep dips. Gets some weights and curl. Sit ups,. You'd be different variations of sit ups and push ups too. Will work different areas.
Not really mich you can do with back unless you get a bar. Even then, you could do a lot of variations with that too.