• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FITNESS TRACKING WATCHES

nizman16

Known Member
5/5/16
This is random but I've been in the rep game for the last 2 years, but I just picked up a fitbit about a week ago and I'm loving it (for health reasons) any one else here sporting a fitness tracker?

Since I got the FitBit my reps have been getting less wrist time :(

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
I had a fitbit but the battery issues drove me away. Went through a few others before settling on a Garmin VivoSmart HR+.

I wear watches normally, fitness tracker on the right wrist.

compsays

Horology Curious
11/2/17
My Fitbit's still going strong, 15 months now and I wear it every day. Doesn't necessarily get me any thinner, but at least I know whether I'm doing enough to maintain my weight or lose any! :D

yojj

I'm Pretty Popular
30/11/16
I have an Apple watch for work out only.

My honest advice to anybody.. DO NOT get Apple watch, such a crap, I only wear it to make myself not feel so bad.

nizman16

Known Member
5/5/16
You're welcome. But if you're super interested. Still try it out. That was my personal opinion. I've met people who absolutely love it.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Yeh i just got a fitbit, but one of the entry level without rewlly researching it first.

Now i figure out theres no gps, not waterproof... thinking of selling it off and getting either a garmin or apple

yojj

I'm Pretty Popular
30/11/16
Yeh i just got a fitbit, but one of the entry level without rewlly researching it first.

Now i figure out theres no gps, not waterproof... thinking of selling it off and getting either a garmin or apple

The biggest use of Apple Watch is the vibration when phone call comes in. Since I don't always put phone within reach. Other than that I find the activity tracker completely useless.

1hr in gym I burned 80 calories and whole morning at work (office) I completed my daily step goal.

JayPaul

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/16
Gen 2 apple watch IS waterproof. I have what people call the G 0 (I know it is silly), because they re-released the initial apple watch with some tweaks, and the called the newest version G 2. G0/G1 are splash proof, and many wear them in the shower. I have never showered with my G0, but it does have an IPX7 rating. I do not believe any of the watches (or even the iPhone 7) are warrantied for water damage.

You can adjust your daily/weekly goals on the apple watch, if you have it set too low, set it higher. Most people do find it very accurate.

I like mine, and as ej0304 stated, the biggest sell for me is the vibration. I am in a quite office, and often have meetings, so I'm used to leaving my phone on vibrate. I also have a huge iPhone 7 in a holster. I mainly use the watch as a notification device, and a email/call screening tool.

Drummania

Renowned Member
8/6/12
@JayPaul How do you reconcile between reps and your apple watch? I have been wearing an Apple Watch for more than a year for exactly the same reason you described (haptic notifications). Unfortunately this means I have to leave my reps in drawer collecting dust. Wearing 2 watches will be silly (I've seen people do that..just don't). Any idea to get the best of both worlds?

_IWC_

26/5/16
I have an Apple Iwatch 42mm Black Stainless Steel on Black Milanese loop and all I use it for is the gym. Not a smart buy.

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
@JayPaul How do you reconcile between reps and your apple watch? I have been wearing an Apple Watch for more than a year for exactly the same reason you described (haptic notifications). Unfortunately this means I have to leave my reps in drawer collecting dust. Wearing 2 watches will be silly (I've seen people do that..just don't). Any idea to get the best of both worlds?

I'm not OP, but I actually went from Android Wear TO analog watches.

I loved the haptic notifications, but I get so many for work that it was just sucking my awareness down a black hole.

If you really want just the notifications, you can actually look into Tivoly and Chronos. Non-magnetic stick plate for analog watches that will feed you light and/or vibrations from your phone.

JayPaul

27/12/16

@Drummania. I simply rotate my apple watch into my rotation of watches. I actually miss (miss as in want) the notifications when I don't have the AW on. I can't do the two watches at once look, I feel silly, plus, the my watches are all set for left hand, and I dont like the look of an AW on the right hand.

Drummania

Renowned Member
8/6/12
I'm not OP, but I actually went from Android Wear TO analog watches.

I loved the haptic notifications, but I get so many for work that it was just sucking my awareness down a black hole.

If you really want just the notifications, you can actually look into Tivoly and Chronos. Non-magnetic stick plate for analog watches that will feed you light and/or vibrations from your phone.

I use my apple watch for fitness tracking, notifications and also scheduling (have a lot of appointments throughout the day). The haptic notification from apple watch is miles ahead of what other smart watches provide (I used to have Pebble). It feels like light tap to your wrist instead of vibrating, that I won't think I am being electrocuted :D

What's this "Tivoly and Chronos" thing?

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
Tivoly and Chronos (two products) are flat discs that you put on the caseback and sync with your phone for notifications via light or vibration.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Suunto Quest. I don't use all of its features, though, since I am not a runner.

I use a Suunto Core when in the mountains. It looks as big as a fry pan on my wrist, lol.