• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Pizza Thread

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
I just want you to talk dirty about pizza and your ooni triumphs.

I managedbto burn myself immediately when tending to a buddies ooni but damn it made good pizza.

He didn't even have a Daytona to time it either...

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
interested here, I'm a homemade pizza maker .. which oven are you talking about, can you send links?

I currently do with a classic built-in oven with refractory stone

gbfitzger

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/9/21
I've had some good Ooni success, but still don't feel like I've got the ultimate dough figured out. I'm mostly using pizzamakerapp.web.app with pretty good success.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I've been making Pizza at home for a good few years now - I've had a full blown (enormous!) wood burning oven, a Gozney Roccbox, an Ooni Koda and an Ooni Koda 16 (which I still have).

I've got a Gozney Dome on order which will be with me in the next month or so, which is a dual fuel wood / gas combination.

Haven't got the time to share all of my ramblings right now, but I will be pleased to give my thoughts / experiences on dough making and other "tips" in the near future.

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
interested here, I'm a homemade pizza maker .. which oven are you talking about, can you send links?

I currently do with a classic built-in oven with refractory stone

https://uk.ooni.com/?utm_gcmpgn_typ...5V1RgwQjnOMlGLBJ_8BbucUIBS_73JlMaAsxhEALw_wcB

This is the particular oven maker in question, they are a UK company but i think you should be able to get hold of one in EU too. Nice and compact and they make pretty good pizza. They're ideal for those who don't have much space for a full size brick oven.

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
my dough x 5/6 26 cm pizzas
500 grams of Manitoba flour
330 ml of still water
4 gr of brewer's yeast
30 gr of extra virgin olive oil
11 grams of salt

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
my dough x 5/6 26 cm pizzas
500 grams of Manitoba flour
330 ml of still water
4 gr of brewer's yeast
30 gr of extra virgin olive oil
11 grams of salt

I bet you've learnt this from your uncle Rollo. I've once met Rollo in Paris, he did made me some delicious peeeshaahh.

JTSWE

19/2/17
Guys you need to try Swedish Kebab pizza

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Guys you need to try Swedish Kebab pizza

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

Holy shit yes. We used to get chicken doner meat, BBQ sauce and garlic on a hawiian pizza at uni, that was truly the food of the gods.

tXSMXT3ptGSnXsDz5

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Holy shit yes. We used to get chicken doner meat, BBQ sauce and garlic on a hawiian pizza at uni, that was truly the food of the gods.

tXSMXT3ptGSnXsDz5

Hawaiian pizza in itself is an abonimation - the combination described above should NEVER be mentioned in a sentence that contains the word Pizza.

Reactions: mskwatch

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Hawaiian pizza in itself is an abonimation - the combination described above should NEVER be mentioned in a sentence that contains the word Pizza.

Admittedly this was about 15 years ago. I'm now more of a traditional napolita style pizza fan or perhaps a bit of nduja and fresh mozzarella on top kinda guy.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Admittedly this was about 15 years ago. I'm now more of a traditional napolita style pizza fan or perhaps a bit of nduja and fresh mozzarella on top kinda guy.

Welcome to Adulthood :)

Hjump

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/8/21
Besides a nice oven, the secrete ingredients has to be spices to the base sauce, and extra yeast to soften the dough.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk