• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ronald Reagan On Guns

almost4real

Known Member
28/2/21
Unfortunately, another lying politician. May 1986 says he’s full of crap. Even the orange one screwed us by making a piece of plastic into a machine gun. I fear we will never have a leader that truly understands “shall not be infringed”.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Welcome newbie ! Your 3rd post was going well for a while until you mention "the orange one".Would you rather have had the "witch" ? ........ Well who do you have now ? Good luck. We are all screwed.

almost4real

Known Member
28/2/21
True statement. We are incredibly screwed now. And no, the bitch....errr, witch would not have been better. Using the orange one was to show my displeasure with him over bumpstocks. It was pure bullshit. We’ll see how well it works out when someone finally goes to trial over one. So far, only 1 arrest almost made it to trial in Houston, but the bumpstock charge mysteriously got dropped. Wonder why that is....one action of the trigger and all that. moving forward, your state’s AWB case just went en banc. Considering the 9th is now almost a 50/50 split, good luck. Judge Benitez is a saint. Let’s hope he continues to lash out against all the bullshit laws you guys are currently dealing with. Thanks for the welcome. While I am just now getting into watches, guns have been a passion for a long time.

Noobylover

Known Member
28/2/21
I've been wondering about the bumpstock issue... so many were sold but hardly any turned in. Not sure how the "authorities" thought that was going to unfold.... its like we are pretending that millions of them dont exist.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Why bother with a cumbersome piece of plastic. Use your right thumb hooked tight to your right belt loop. Hold loosely by the trigger and pull forward on the front stock. Braaaaaaaaap ! Easy does it ! Bop pop pop !

Reactions: Noobylover

watcher71

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/06
Georgia USA
I've been wondering about the bumpstock issue... so many were sold but hardly any turned in. Not sure how the "authorities" thought that was going to unfold.... its like we are pretending that millions of them dont exist.

Sixth Circuit recently overturned the ban in a case in that circuit because ATF had no authority to change the definition of a machine gun. Won’t be long before the Supreme Court weighs in.

Reactions: Noobylover

Noobylover

Known Member
28/2/21
Sixth Circuit recently overturned the ban in a case in that circuit because ATF had no authority to change the definition of a machine gun. Won’t be long before the Supreme Court weighs in.

The ruling in the bumpstock ban will also keep Biden from attempting to ban (create new federal criminal law by executive order) pistol stabilizing braces.

watcher71

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/06
Georgia USA
The ruling in the bumpstock ban will also keep Biden from attempting to ban (create new federal criminal law by executive order) pistol stabilizing braces.

I wish you were right. But I don’t think it will impact the braces because the brace will not be made illegal like the bump stock was. Instead, the ATF will decide (based on Biden’s order) that the brace is a “stock” and therefore the rifle it’s on is an SBR when the brace is connected to a riffle with less than 16 inch barrel.

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
I wish you were right. But I don’t think it will impact the braces because the brace will not be made illegal like the bump stock was. Instead, the ATF will decide (based on Biden’s order) that the brace is a “stock” and therefore the rifle it’s on is an SBR when the brace is connected to a riffle with less than 16 inch barrel.

But part of the statutory definition of "rifle" 26 USC § 5845 (c) states that it is "a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder" (emphasis added). While a braced pistol can be fired from the shoulder, and in fact the most recent ATF white paper on the subject explicitly allows one to "incidentally" do so, the brace is still designed and intended to be affixed to the arm both to stabilize aim and to allow individuals with certain disabilities to operate AR-style pistols.