• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No guns allowed in Germany...still buying a gun safe... ;)

meckintosh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/4/20
EU
Hi folks,

gun guidelines in Germany are very strict, as most of you know.
Usually you just can't get a gun and the state is pretty strict about that.

But as I'm looking for a (nice) and safe display for my watches, I found out that the company "Hartmann Tresore" does gun and watch displays.. look!

https://www.hartmann-tresore.de/de/...tresor/hartmann-exklusiv-modell-108-01-a.html

This one is usable for guns and jewelry. :) They just take out the glass bottoms and put rifle attachments in.

alfonzo

25/7/19
It is nice but that is no safe. You can smash the glass and take the goods! I would NEVER put my guns in a safe like that. This is a safe.

medium-5969.jpg

Last edited:

meckintosh

10/4/20
EU
The one I posted has armored glass ... no way of smashing it. Plus, it gets bolted to the wall and weighs 237 kg, that's 522,5 pounds ... it's made like a safe, but to look into it. ;)

alfonzo

25/7/19
Armored Glass? You mean like lexan? It will melt under a torch. Steel and more steel for my guns..,

meckintosh

10/4/20
EU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT5_0HlIeBM. .... in German, but still...

Fire resistant, can't shoot through it, unbreakable ... ;)
Write them, tell them you break or melt it and ask to try it out. If you come over, I will be there.

When this thing is certified by German jurisdiction ... it IS like a safe, mate.

alfonzo

25/7/19
I get that it is like a safe and it may be the cats ass but I also understand materials and the safe ratings. ALL home safes steel or otherwise can be breached. I believe laminate polycarbonates are just as breachable if not more. I would like to see some real life testing on that version of plastic relative to steel so if you have some of that it would be cool.

I am in the US and I do have guns and would not use that safe. Not heavy enough, big enough and as pointed out earlier it is too "Look at me" for my tastes.

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
No one breaks into a house and dangles around for hours to open a safe. You loose what these guys can grab in three to five minutes. 99% of burglaries are carried out by semi-pros who usually make the round through multiple houses in a neighbourhood. Everything needs to be quick, silent and easy. Pros who know you have a lot of valuables in your house literally can't be stopped by anything. However, these guys do their intel and focus on targets worth the effort (and risk).

Edit: I was a little confused by the TV delivery theory on that website. You don't need to a gun safe to know that a US citizen owns guns, do you?

Last edited:
Reactions: meckintosh

alfonzo

25/7/19
I agree to the untrained or unmotivated bad guy just the sight of a big old safe is a deterrent but If you watch some of the videos in the link I posted they get into safes that you think would take hours takes only single digit minutes.

Last edited:

meckintosh

10/4/20
EU
Hahahaha at 120 dB! ????
That thing is louder than my home alarm system.

alfonzo

25/7/19
Hey a motivated criminal will do what it takes and if it is loud but takes 2 minutes might be worth the risk. I make a ton of noise in my garage my neighbors would not think twice. And then there is the speed of first responders even if they were notified.

meckintosh

10/4/20
EU
A motivated thief gets a tank a opens up Fort Knox.
I do social work for 20 years, with convicted felons too, the picture you are painting is in the 1-2 % area over here.
In Germany stuff like that gets you in the papers.
Just not happening.
Sure possible...not prabable.
Sorry, that’s a risk worth taking. ????????

alfonzo

25/7/19
Cool I am sure that is the case there but here it has happened and will happen again. SO better to have and not need than to need and not have. You keep the plastic and I will keep the steel.