• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

10mm auto versus Cape Buffalo !

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
Eight round capacity is too low. The Glock 40 has 16 rounds at half the cost. The steel frame 10mm handguns need to step up their magazine capacity.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
If you hunt, all you need is 3 rounds at most. If you miss, you may have another chance. If you still miss on the third round,you are an idiot and you have no business going hunting.

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
If you hunt, all you need is 3 rounds at most. If you miss, you may have another chance. If you still miss on the third round,you are an idiot and you have no business going hunting.

I disagree. Sure, 3 shots if ideal but if you have a bear charging at you, it's harder to remain calm and you may wish you have more rounds in case you miss. If you don't believe me, look up the many articles and videos on the G40. It's a very popular bear gun and would be my choice currently because no other 10mm offering currently has its capacity.
​​​​​

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
You seem to 'know' a lot about hunting. Tell us, what have you hunted before, and where ? Have you ever been confronted by a wild animal big enough to kill and eat you alive ? ....................... More rounds wont protect you. It is the first and second round that will. Pray and spray does not work in the wilderness when you are alone. Ask any forest ranger. Or an Eskimo in Alaska.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I was violently attacked by a dog once ...... luckily i was able to get ahold of his tongue and pull it outside of his mouth so he could not bite me again , no shots fired !

fIramCb.jpg

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
You seem to 'know' a lot about hunting. Tell us, what have you hunted before, and where ? Have you ever been confronted by a wild animal big enough to kill and eat you alive ? ....................... More rounds wont protect you. It is the first and second round that will. Pray and spray does not work in the wilderness when you are alone. Ask any forest ranger. Or an Eskimo in Alaska.

First and foremost, I am not sure sure if your tone is meant to be sarcastic or demeaning, either way, I can assure you I am not trying to offend you in any way. I am simply offering a different, and in my lowly opinion, better solution to the firearm presented in the op.

Secondly, yes I have hunted before in the Florida/Georgia area. I've been hog hunting successfully several times. I am not expert but not a novice either. And given the location of my hunts, I have not come across a bear or other potentially dangerous animal as you described. That said, I do carry a Glock 40 when I hunt in case shtf. I conducted plenty of research online and sought the opinions of many seasoned veterans at local gun shops, ranges, and shows. I am going to link several of the videos/articles I used to help to decide on this purchase.

Video 1 (G20 but very similar gun to G40 just slightly smaller)

Video 2 (G20 again but see above)

Video 3

Article 1 (G20 again)

Article 2 (G20 again)

My over arching point is that while it is most likely you won't need 15-16 rounds, it cannot hurt to have the extra ammo there in case it is ever needed in an unforeseen situation. Shot placement is key as you said earlier but you won't always have that fortune in a bear attack situation. The guy in article 2 accidentally placed a bullet in his foot in addition to killing the bear.

Thirdly, I wonder if we may be talking about the 10mm handgun for different purposes. I am talking about it in terms of self defesne from dangerous animals. The dude in the video you shared was actually hunting with a handgun, which is not too terribly common to my knowledge. So maybe this is part of our misunderstanding/discrepancy earlier?

​​​​Again, only trying to have productive dialogue. Hopefully I conveyed my message a little bit more clearly in this post.

Last edited:

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
I was violently attacked by a dog once ...... luckily i was able to get ahold of his tongue and pull it outside of his mouth so he could not bite me again , no shots fired !

fIramCb.jpg

Loving the dog!

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16

fIramCb.jpg
I caught this violent dog with my bare hands! Laid down my Shot gun once I found out he just wanted a nice warm bed.
1a3257b452080a3522f4a11c2e7ab043.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Raddave