• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Recoil from 12g

Big Dog

Horology Curious
31/3/19
I am looking for some watch advise. I am an olympic trap shooter, i shoot around 300 targets a week on average. The recoil definitely plays havoc on my watches. Can any of you suggest a rep that has a good shock absorption system. I was thinking about the RM 055 but nobody can tell me if the gen shock system is present in the rep. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Also electronic devices are not allowed in olympic trap so its mechanical movements only. Cheers

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Why dont you just wear to your range, a (gen, not rep) G-Shock which is built to take various shocks?

Big Dog

Horology Curious
31/3/19
I did in the past but got sited for wearing an electronic device

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Any Rep with a Gen Swiss ETA or clone ETA 2824/2836 mechanical automatic movement with the proper 'Incabloc' , Novodiac, or Etachoc shock absorber should work just fine. Trap loads do not generate heavy recoil to upset the movement. Even the occasional buck shot or slug loads would not jar the movement. Actually, any ETA movement on any watch, Gen or Rep would do just fine.

Reactions: Big Dog