• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pentagon to destroy $1B in ammunition

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
I'll take all of it off their hands and they won't have to spend a dime to destroy it.

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
If one soldier is lost because we mixed decades old unreliable ammo in with current stock, this is well worth it. Plus we spend a trillion a year on war or prep for war. This is not even evaporation loss.

If we wanted to put it to good use, we could drop it all from a C5 onto hillbilly terrorist welfare farmers in Nevada.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Drop in all on Cliven Bundy's Ranch and hope they all blow their balls off.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Doesn't the federal govt typically sell surplus ammunition? Strange that they're going to destroy it; I'd bet the ammunition are more likely older explosive devices that aren't quite civilian-legal.

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
Or large enough caliber that only crazy ************* that have no business being armed would buy.

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Before this strays any farther, everyone needs to heed the addition to the disclaimer above-

Threads that do devolve into political debate will be locked. Members that are responsible will face consequences to be determined by staff. Remember, this subforum is for firearms owners and enthusiasts, not those that feel otherwise.

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
Sorry.

May we have an anti-gun section to keep these comments separate?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2