• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Superlumed 1911

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
That looks really nice! Will the superlume hold up to the solvent next time you clean? What kind of solvent took off the original dot markers?

Nice 1911 btw. I bought a new 1911 Colt Gold Cup National Match recently... it was an instant favorite of mine.

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
This looks really cool - I'm assuming as actual night sites its not super useful though? Most guns have night sites on use Tritium Tubes which glow even after siting in the dark for long periods of time?

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
This looks really cool - I'm assuming as actual night sites its not super useful though? Most guns have night sites on use Tritium Tubes which glow even after siting in the dark for long periods of time?

You do realize that CZ handguns standard sights are luminescent don't you?

I have known a few people that carried CZ's around the world (were easily available on "open market" in places like Beirut etc) that had no issues with this type of set up. In fact they were reported to stay "lit" for quite a while after being charged.

Now they don't have the constant "on" of your run of the mill Mepro's or Triji's, but in real world use they were just fine.

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
I didn't know that, just thinking, I keep my gun in a quick access safe so it never see's light unless going to the range or if it gets pulled during the day. Of course I dont' have night sites on it but have thought about it.

You do realize that CZ handguns standard sights are luminescent don't you?

I have known a few people that carried CZ's around the world (were easily available on "open market" in places like Beirut etc) that had no issues with this type of set up. In fact they were reported to stay "lit" for quite a while after being charged.

Now they don't have the constant "on" of your run of the mill Mepro's or Triji's, but in real world use they were just fine.