• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

School tells cop not to wear his gun or uniform when picking up his daughter

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Ridiculous....
So ridiculous.
Stand these parents in a line and execute.

So sick of sensitive ass parents and just people in general.

iamrooney

Known Member
28/6/13
total bullshit, the same officer's these parents would call when they need them.

mattyd

I'm Pretty Popular
30/12/09
And the left swears they don't want to disarm America...If they want to disarm cops, what do you think they feel about you?

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
I'm sorry, but I'd feel more safe with a uniformed and armed cop in the presence of school children, every day.

Shpr543

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/13
Unbelievable...you'd think with all the crap going down at schools theses days, it would make everyone feel a little safer.

Robotomic

25/4/12
Interesting as a European to read Americans talk about this subject. We are so used to guns being outlawed here (apart from people with hunting license) and no one would question a ban on walking around armed in public places.

But cops?! Come on, they HAVE to be armed and it's part of every child's education to learn what the police is and why they are armed. When I was in school we used to have cops coming to the classroom and explaining about their work, no one questioned them being armed even in Europe's most left wing country where I was raised.

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
Gun supporter here, but gonna play devils advocate just for the sake of it.
What if a cop went on a shooting spree at a school. I do see the fear as a possibility.

Oh yea and what if a nutcase grabbed his gun while he was distracted with his daughter. A cop with his child in hand isn't a cop anymore he's a parent and will react differently in a critical situation.

Sent from my iPad cause I'm to lazy to sit at a computer.

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
I wouldn't trust a cop with a gun

8632828_4.jpg

Armypsych

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/12/13
Okay with the most recent event here in Colorado the reason the shooting didn't become worse is because an armed deputy sherif was in the school and was able to get to the scene so fast. I is a tragedy that a young woman died but it goes to show a proper trained person with a gun would be able to stop these idiots that think a school is an open shooting range for them to make a point.
I also think that if kids were taught from the beginning proper rules and gun safety that I was drilled into my head as a child by my father then you would have less kids doing things with them. I knew as a kid if I touched his guns without him and he found out I would get my butt tore up. I could go on and on about this stuff but I will save that for another rant.

Eric

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
I'm for gun control, but I think this is too far. I don't think teachers should be allowed to have guns, but it is very stupid to keep a cop from having a gun.

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
My daughter's middle school has an officer on duty at the school every day. He's armed with a pistol and a taser and there's a shotgun and an AR in his car. And I'm damn glad he's there. Same thing at the high school. And IF any of the parents have a problem with it I hope they take their kids somewhere else. Especially since it's highly illegal for me to even have my pistol in my car when I drop her off and pick her up. So at least somebody's there who's armed to the teeth and can at least try to intervene if some shit bag decides to show up and shoot everybody in sight.