• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which one for my first CCW

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
I love my Khar PM9. It disappears when I CCW it, it's so light.

I loved that about it too, what I didn't love was how every third shot with mine was a FTE. I realize this is not normal, I may end up getting another one hoping that it will run correctly. Getting a defective gun replaced is about as troublesome as sending a watch back to China!

jeffw69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/11
S & W model 60 357 magnum.
So comfortable, very concealable, and packs a punch.

100_0388.jpg

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
^looks heavy. It's the new millennium, have you heard of plastic?:lol:

Seriously, though, it's real sweet but have you played with a LCR .357? I can't imagine why you'd want to carry around the extra heft for no appreciable benefit.

Matt007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/13
Glock 19 or Sig 228 in 9mm ( not 229 but older German 228 with no rail)

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
I carry a Kahr P9 daily. I have a Comp taC IWB holster I use if wearing pants with a good belt. I am looking at a Kahr P380 for pocket carry for the quick run out to store and weekend shorts wearing.

mswatson

30/5/12
I carry two guns almost every day. I carry a NAA Pug .22Magnum revolver in my pocket in a pocket holster every day. It is a last resort gun, but I would rather have a last resort gun and not need it than to need it and not have it. I also carry either, a Glock 26, a Beretta 92FS, or Ruger LC9 with Crimson Trace Laser. I can carry the Glock or the Ruger in a IWB holster, OWB holster or Ankle holster. I have never been a revolver fan, but I have a S&W .38 snubby that never leaves the safe.

Ultimately, carry what feels right for you. There are pros and cons to both sides of the argument, but in the end, it really depends on what you can realistically conceal, feels comfortable in your hand, and what you can reliably shoot and hit your target.

Most defensive shootings will happen within a distance of 21 feet or less. Basically, if you can hit the target by throwing the gun at it, then you should be able to hit it by shooting it. Take a defensive shooting class. It is worth the $100 you will spend on it. Whatever you choose to carry, make sure you have the right mindset, carry responsibly, and remember that safety is always the first priority.

spankster23

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/13
Texas
I carry a Sig Sauer P938. Size of a 238 with the punch of a 9mm. 6 in the mag and one in the chamber, best compact I have ever had...

glock26

3/3/11
Picked up a g29sf, its awesome. Got some underwood 155grain 1800fps ammo. It also fits in my crossbreed g26 holster perfectly.