• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Philippines

daKVGC

Horology Curious
25/3/20
You're safer sticking to the tds here or the tds in RWI's sister site rwg.bz. If stuff gets seized by customs you get another chance at the rep watch you want without paying (that 2nd insurance watch is included in the first payment). They'll all use Chinapost by default. Some tds are direct email contact only, but can be 10 dollars cheaper like Lucy here, or Mary watch over on rwg.bz. The ones I noted will qc your watch for you. If there are especially grievous errors, they'll return your watch in your stead (you won't get qc pics). Mary was actually kind enough to return a PPF V2 before I even saw it, and landed me the much improved PPF V3 just as it landed on TD shelves. Still it is recommended to pay close attention to your qc pics even with these significantly more judicious TDs because they're people and they don't know all the flaws.

Thanks for the response. How many watches at a time would you say is safe to buy (re: customs)?

Blaithin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/19
One at a time with a month or two break in between receiving is most ideal or you'll start raising eye brows, and might probably get bogus taxed, or it might get seized in China. They'll automatically underdeclare it for you. If you receive a seizure letter, don't respond to it. Also, pick up is in the post office. Use the tracking number. If it says it's there, you can go pick it up for a fee of 112 php. Don't wait for the letter that says you can pick it up to arrive. It'll prolly be a month late.

If you want to order more you can scape goat them by putting it in a relative or employees name(if you own a business) slated for your office or home address. Have them pick it up or get a proxy letter with 2 ids photocopied in duplicate, and you'll be good.

My rep ordering experience is minimal compared to some (just 2 thus far) so others may have better advice. These are just the general tactics I use to avoid customs duties. I'm also more paranoid about bogus taxation than the regular person though so it's up to you.
​​​

jai04

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
One at a time with a month or two break in between receiving is most ideal or you'll start raising eye brows, and might probably get bogus taxed, or it might get seized in China. They'll automatically underdeclare it for you. If you receive a seizure letter, don't respond to it. Also, pick up is in the post office. Use the tracking number. If it says it's there, you can go pick it up for a fee of 112 php. Don't wait for the letter that says you can pick it up to arrive. It'll prolly be a month late.

If you want to order more you can scape goat them by putting it in a relative or employees name(if you own a business) slated for your office or home address. Have them pick it up or get a proxy letter with 2 ids photocopied in duplicate, and you'll be good.

My rep ordering experience is minimal compared to some (just 2 thus far) so others may have better advice. These are just the general tactics I use to avoid customs duties. I'm also more paranoid about bogus taxation than the regular person though so it's up to you.
​​​

This is exactly what I was doing. I ordered about 8 reps from TDs and 3 from m2m. First I use a non-manila address (Laguna), then I use registered mail, just the regular airmail. Then it will take about 3 weeks to reach you after your TD shipped it. Using regular mail kinda flies it under the radar. Then I will pick it up in the post office. Pay about 100 php and that's it. Never had a problem with it. The only delay that I got was when I bought 1 from m2m from Thailand and it took 3 months to arrived. I never bought from m2m after that experience.

I never ordered more than 1 watch. I never ordered from October- Feb, during this times packages from OFW will come in due to holidays and customs might be more strict and might cause some delays. January will be Chinese New year and Feb will just take care of the TD back logs and shipping back logs. So I used to order from March to Sept.

This was my way of ordering. At first I never thought my rep would reach me but it did. Some might used other shipping methods and some might have a different way or different results from what I do. Personally speaking, I never had a problem with this method.

daKVGC

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
This is exactly what I was doing. I ordered about 8 reps from TDs and 3 from m2m. First I use a non-manila address (Laguna), then I use registered mail, just the regular airmail. Then it will take about 3 weeks to reach you after your TD shipped it. Using regular mail kinda flies it under the radar. Then I will pick it up in the post office. Pay about 100 php and that's it. Never had a problem with it. The only delay that I got was when I bought 1 from m2m from Thailand and it took 3 months to arrived. I never bought from m2m after that experience.

I never ordered more than 1 watch. I never ordered from October- Feb, during this times packages from OFW will come in due to holidays and customs might be more strict and might cause some delays. January will be Chinese New year and Feb will just take care of the TD back logs and shipping back logs. So I used to order from March to Sept.

This was my way of ordering. At first I never thought my rep would reach me but it did. Some might used other shipping methods and some might have a different way or different results from what I do. Personally speaking, I never had a problem with this method.

daKVGC

That's a lot of work :(

Luckily I always travel in CONUS and stays for a few months and then from there I order. :rolleyes:

daKVGC

Horology Curious
25/3/20
Thanks for all the info mga pare! Got my quarantine watch haul around late May.

esr101

Looking Around
5/6/20
Hi, let me know if someone is selling their rolex sub or tudor black bay 58. From Manila here

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

seikolonian09

Known Member
23/12/18
Any recommended watchmakers in Manila besides Mang Loy and Mang Andy? I was planning on going to Mang Loy. Unfortunately, I found out from a different group that he's still closed.

I'm having my SpongeBob bezel and replacement crystal installed for my noob sub.

Thank you and stay safe!

jai04

19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
Any recommended watchmakers in Manila besides Mang Loy and Mang Andy? I was planning on going to Mang Loy. Unfortunately, I found out from a different group that he's still closed.

I'm having my SpongeBob bezel and replacement crystal installed for my noob sub.

Thank you and stay safe!

There's this one in Sta. Cruz, Manila named Nepomuceno enterprises. There are 2 watchsmith there. I just forgot there names. One of them is a bit rude but the other one is nice and will help. I just don't know if they can replace a crystal. Might be worth ringing them before going.

Reactions: seikolonian09

seikolonian09

Known Member
23/12/18
There's this one in Sta. Cruz, Manila named Nepomuceno enterprises. There are 2 watchsmith there. I just forgot there names. One of them is a bit rude but the other one is nice and will help. I just don't know if they can replace a crystal. Might be worth ringing them before going.

Thanks for the recommendation! Will check them out.

tdk1010

23/10/19

Thank you and stay safe!

How was the process for your spongebob bezel, did you send the watch or just the bezel to spongebob from your td? How was the shipping from Taipei to Manila?

Mang Andy is open in case you want to consider him.

Blaithin

6/8/19
Thanks for the recommendation! Will check them out.

Mang Loy is open, but he only does work from home. They ask that you use lalamove or grab to send the watch to them with a form of all the necessary details and fixes you need when you message them on viber or fb. You can also call him via cellphone beforehand to see if he can or can't do what you want.

Source: texted and called him today, and got their message from messenger today.

Transcript of their instructions. You can confirm by messaging them on fb for this too if you want to be sure

Loys Watch
Shipping Instructions:

1. pls send watch/es to Loy's house thru grab, lalamove or LBC. sa ngayon, bawal prin pumasok sa subd nila kuya loy kaya imi-meet nmin ang courier sa gate ng subd. our delivery days are mon, wed and fri (MWF) between 9am to 12nn only.

2. pag na check na ni kuya ang relo ska lang mssabi kung magkano ang cost.

3. pag repaired na ang relo ttxt nmin kayo. you may send payment for our services thru bank dposit or online banking, cebuana or LBC. details will be sent once watch is ready for shipment. customer will book grab or lalamove for return shipping.

4. pls send package to:

LOY ALBELDA
c/o Noel San Jose
714 United Glorietta Subd. Caniogan, Pasig City 1606
mob.no. 0908.888.8142

5. inside your package pls include an information sheet:
a. full name of owner
b. complete address
c. mobile number
d. brand of watch
e. caliber/ serial number
f. specifics of job order (ano lahat ang ipagagawa sa relo at ano problema nito.

6. IMPORTANT:
*in the absence of a claim receipt, an item delivered to us through courier will be returned to sender through courier also.
*customer will be the one to pay for courier or rider (grab) fees for back and forth deliveries.

thank you for trusting loyswatch >weng

Last edited:
Reactions: seikolonian09

seikolonian09

Known Member
23/12/18
How was the process for your spongebob bezel, did you send the watch or just the bezel to spongebob from your td? How was the shipping from Taipei to Manila?

Mang Andy is open in case you want to consider him.

The transaction was very smooth. Sent him a pm and we transferred to email. He'll send you QC pics of the bezel before payment and shipping.

It took me a month to receive my bezel insert since it was shipped a few days before the implementation of MECQ.

seikolonian09

Known Member
23/12/18
Mang Loy is open, but he only does work from home. They ask that you use lalamove or grab to send the watch to them with a form of all the necessary details and fixes you need when you message them on viber or fb. You can also call him via cellphone beforehand to see if he can or can't do what you want.

Source: texted and called him today, and got their message from messenger today.

Transcript of their instructions. You can confirm by messaging them on fb for this too if you want to be sure

Loys Watch
Shipping Instructions:

1. pls send watch/es to Loy's house thru grab, lalamove or LBC. sa ngayon, bawal prin pumasok sa subd nila kuya loy kaya imi-meet nmin ang courier sa gate ng subd. our delivery days are mon, wed and fri (MWF) between 9am to 12nn only.

2. pag na check na ni kuya ang relo ska lang mssabi kung magkano ang cost.

3. pag repaired na ang relo ttxt nmin kayo. you may send payment for our services thru bank dposit or online banking, cebuana or LBC. details will be sent once watch is ready for shipment. customer will book grab or lalamove for return shipping.

4. pls send package to:

LOY ALBELDA
c/o Noel San Jose
714 United Glorietta Subd. Caniogan, Pasig City 1606
mob.no. 0908.888.8142

5. inside your package pls include an information sheet:
a. full name of owner
b. complete address
c. mobile number
d. brand of watch
e. caliber/ serial number
f. specifics of job order (ano lahat ang ipagagawa sa relo at ano problema nito.

6. IMPORTANT:
*in the absence of a claim receipt, an item delivered to us through courier will be returned to sender through courier also.
*customer will be the one to pay for courier or rider (grab) fees for back and forth deliveries.

thank you for trusting loyswatch >weng

Sent my watch to Mang Loy this morning. Looking forward to getting it back. Good thing I live a few kilometers away so shipping wasn't a problem.

tdk1010

23/10/19
The transaction was very smooth. Sent him a pm and we transferred to email. He'll send you QC pics of the bezel before payment and shipping.

It took me a month to receive my bezel insert since it was shipped a few days before the implementation of MECQ.

Thanks for sharing, please share some pics of your watch with the bezel mod.

daKVGC

Horology Curious
25/3/20
Hi bros. I contact Mang Loy and he said if there is no problem with the watch, he wouldn't open it. Are there any other watch repair shops you could recommend to have initial check, clean and make sure everything is fitted correctly on the movement and also check water resistance? I ask this because proper assembly and greasing can silence the rotor and I have received a watch with a loose screw and rotor is not moving so I'd like other watches checked as well.

TIA mga pare

Blaithin

6/8/19
Hi bros. I contact Mang Loy and he said if there is no problem with the watch, he wouldn't open it. Are there any other watch repair shops you could recommend to have initial check, clean and make sure everything is fitted correctly on the movement and also check water resistance? I ask this because proper assembly and greasing can silence the rotor and I have received a watch with a loose screw and rotor is not moving so I'd like other watches checked as well.

TIA mga pare

In general, it's not a good idea to open up a new watch if it's fine so Mang Loy is correct when he refuses to do so. Even one of the more involved TDs (Lucy) whose willing to get your watch dusted and cleaned (no additional cost) before sending to you doesn't recommend that you open up a replica for servicing and cleaning (about 100 usd) until later on down the line. Most of these people don't want to introduce unwanted complications to your watch early on via service (there is always a risk), and you'd just be throwing money at a nonexistent problem that could potentially cause problems later down the line. Mang Loy may be good at his job, but the fact that he refuses your business for the sake of your watch and wallet is a sign of his integrity.

If an issue arises, then you can either 1.) get it fixed, and keep it/sell it 2.) buy a new rep with all the updates and improvements.

Old replicas may have been crapshots, but if you're getting something with the Miyota 9015 (very reliable) or like an Asian clone 2824 or 2836 (reliable) now. They're generally going to be pretty good OOTB, and I don't recommend trying to get them serviced OOTB. A few years ago that would've been good general advice since a rep movement was more likely to benefit from a service due to their crappier nature back then. Now, it's not so clear if you're benefitting or making it worse.

jai04

19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency

TIA mga pare

Kung ok naman pre, keep it as it is. Ganyan din ako when I started, gusto ko paservice lahat ng relo ko, pero mahirap maghanap ng watchsmith na gagalaw ng rep, specially pag ok sila. I've tried everyone I know, pero lahat sila ganun sinabi, kung wala naman sira, wag na lang galawin.