• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Philippines

zoiks

Known Member
14/2/13
Tagal nako naghahanap Nyan satin pero Wala ako Makita talaga bro.

the only way is to import and have a local watchsmith install? it will be a hassle to ship back and forth to have your watches modded.. (like vac.. etc..)

jai04

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
the only way is to import and have a local watchsmith install? it will be a hassle to ship back and forth to have your watches modded.. (like vac.. etc..)

yeah, pero kahit ganun, you have to find a competent watch smith to do that for you. karamihan sa watch smith satin won't do those.

zoiks

Known Member
14/2/13
yeah, pero kahit ganun, you have to find a competent watch smith to do that for you. karamihan sa watch smith satin won't do those.

I think it's not worth it.. Enjoy it as it is.. It is a rep after all

Blaithin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/19
Actually its for a gen watch of mine ????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third party AR Coatings are not entirely a sure shot, as far as I'm aware. That is especially when you're trying to put AR on a watch crystal as a service (rare and unusual as this is). I'd rather go full third party to someone like prof crystals here and get a whole crystal since he's got a proven track record of producing both the crystals and their AR coatings. The fact that they got the Rolex Cyclops AR coating really, really close is props to them. A 2xAR AP Cyclop, and 1xAR xtal I ordered are both extremely close to the gen of the 15706au rep I put them on.

Imo, if you're just gonna coat a gen crystal with third party AR then it's not worth it. You risk having the AR peel off on either side, and that's another headache. The second issue is that it will inevitably introduce debris and dust into the dial. A more practical reason to get a whole crystal besides being very close or equal to gen is that it's also easier to find people who'll install it, and even then few people can and will pop off the crystal of an expensive gen watch (I speak from experience).

My advice would be that unless it's cracked or "peeling" just keep the crystal, and don't have the watch tampered with. I am also assuming that this is, at the very least, somewhere within the Omega or Rolex level for you to consider third party work.

daKVGC

Horology Curious
25/3/20
Hey guys just found out about this thread.

What's the best courier to use if bibili tayo sa TDs? Are there any recommended forwarders to use? Medyo nakakatakot kasi maipit ng customs sayang yung antay. Or are there any rep dealers here locally na makatarungan yung markup? TIA!

Blaithin

6/8/19

What's the best courier to use if bibili tayo sa TDs? Are there any recommended forwarders to use? Medyo nakakatakot kasi maipit ng customs sayang yung antay. Or are there any rep dealers here locally na makatarungan yung markup? TIA!

They use their own couriers. Usually Chinapost. It takes a while, but I think it's less scrupulous about counterfeits than other couriers.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton

We don't have a local TD's but if you consider Greenhills as a TD, go for it. IMHO, they're selling DHgate craps Sir. I've seen it and check as well on their place.

daKVGC

Horology Curious
25/3/20
We don't have a local TD's but if you consider Greenhills as a TD, go for it. IMHO, they're selling DHgate craps Sir. I've seen it and check as well on their place.

I'd rather buy Seiko 5s than dhshitters haha. I asked a redditor friend about replica watches and he seemed to have found some high end replica sellers online but costs X2 of the TD prices here.

Blaithin

6/8/19
I'd rather buy Seiko 5s than dhshitters haha. I asked a redditor friend about replica watches and he seemed to have found some high end replica sellers online but costs X2 of the TD prices here.

You're safer sticking to the tds here or the tds in RWI's sister site rwg.bz. If stuff gets seized by customs you get another chance at the rep watch you want without paying (that 2nd insurance watch is included in the first payment). They'll all use Chinapost by default. Some tds are direct email contact only, but can be 10 dollars cheaper like Lucy here, or Mary watch over on rwg.bz. The ones I noted will qc your watch for you. If there are especially grievous errors, they'll return your watch in your stead (you won't get qc pics). Mary was actually kind enough to return a PPF V2 before I even saw it, and landed me the much improved PPF V3 just as it landed on TD shelves. Still it is recommended to pay close attention to your qc pics even with these significantly more judicious TDs because they're people and they don't know all the flaws.

As an addendum, the likes of puretime, trustytime, and intime are more of a "fairweather friends" kind of arrangement. They're fast to respond, and do a good job (won't do added layer of qc for you), but when things get hairy they'll just disappear and stop replying. Trustytime does like to give out free watch pouches so there's that.

jai04

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
You're safer sticking to the tds here or the tds in RWI's sister site rwg.bz. If stuff gets seized by customs you get another chance at the rep watch you want without paying (that 2nd insurance watch is included in the first payment). They'll all use Chinapost by default. Some tds are direct email contact only, but can be 10 dollars cheaper like Lucy here, or Mary watch over on rwg.bz. The ones I noted will qc your watch for you. If there are especially grievous errors, they'll return your watch in your stead (you won't get qc pics). Mary was actually kind enough to return a PPF V2 before I even saw it, and landed me the much improved PPF V3 just as it landed on TD shelves. Still it is recommended to pay close attention to your qc pics even with these significantly more judicious TDs because they're people and they don't know all the flaws.

As an addendum, the likes of puretime, trustytime, and intime are more of a "fairweather friends" kind of arrangement. They're fast to respond, and do a good job (won't do added layer of qc for you), but when things get hairy they'll just disappear and stop replying. Trustytime does like to give out free watch pouches so there's that.

What he said.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton

+1 =)