• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Philippines

Cassius0314

Horology Curious
8/9/19
Hi! I’m also new here. I’m from QC by the way. Planning to get a rolex sub no date from Trusty Time. From what i’ve read from sub no date forums the noob v8 is the best choice. But the “1000ft = 300 m” in the noob v8 is not correct, it’s pretty obvious if someone looked on your watch closely especially if they no fake watches. Among all the factories JF lang yung nakakuha ng tamang print. Can i get your thoughts kn this? TIA

seikolonian09

Known Member
23/12/18
Hi! I’m also new here. I’m from QC by the way. Planning to get a rolex sub no date from Trusty Time. From what i’ve read from sub no date forums the noob v8 is the best choice. But the “1000ft = 300 m” in the noob v8 is not correct, it’s pretty obvious if someone looked on your watch closely especially if they no fake watches. Among all the factories JF lang yung nakakuha ng tamang print. Can i get your thoughts kn this? TIA

Well, you have two choices. Admit to someone that it's a rep or just keep quiet about it.

I work with people who wear impressive gens on a daily basis. Quite frankly, you won't spot the mistakes unless you know what your looking for. No one in their right mind will borrow your watch and look for the tells and call you out. Haha

I tell my friends which of my watches are gens and which are reps. I feel bad for them when they realize that I paid 20-30k for a rep and they paid an hundred times more for their gen.

Buy it and enjoy it! It's a wonderful hobby.

Reactions: Cassius0314

Cassius0314

Horology Curious
8/9/19
Well, you have two choices. Admit to someone that it's a rep or just keep quiet about it.

I work with people who wear impressive gens on a daily basis. Quite frankly, you won't spot the mistakes unless you know what your looking for. No one in their right mind will borrow your watch and look for the tells and call you out. Haha

I tell my friends which of my watches are gens and which are reps. I feel bad for them when they realize that I paid 20-30k for a rep and they paid an hundred times more for their gen.

Buy it and enjoy it! It's a wonderful hobby.

Thanks for the tip. But i would also like to know what’s the better choice among the factories. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seikolonian09

Known Member
23/12/18
Thanks for the tip. But i would also like to know what’s the better choice among the factories. :)

A Noob or an ARF are great pieces OTB. I suggest getting the ones with 3135 if you want to franken them in the future.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Cassius0314

Horology Curious
8/9/19
A Noob or an ARF are great pieces OTB. I suggest getting the ones with 3135 if you want to franken them in the future.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

I might get the noob, i think ARF doesn’t make a no date sub. Thanks a lot!:)

Javajunkie

Horology Curious
25/10/17
Hey guys,

been wanting to get a Daytonna from one of the TD's .
But Im really hesitant about the watch not making it through customs here.

I have of course read about the horror stories here of getting held at customs.

how do i improve my chances of getting my watch through?

Are there any reputable Rep retailers in Manila? would rather pay a premium and just pick up a watch. :)

Javajunkie

Horology Curious
25/10/17
Oh my, mga tao nga naman talaga sa GH. I'm lucky that I always travel here at CONUS. That's why I don't have any problem regarding ordering. Too bad, magbabakasyon ako sa pinas ngayon for 4 months hahah. So stop muna from buying =D

Lucky you! not much worries getting it delivered to CONUS?

n0ypi

Horology Curious
30/7/19
Hi Guys, has anyone tried ordering from BK or anyone from CONUS and used freight forwarder like shoppingb**, johhnya** etc? additional shipping cost, but would be safer(I think) as these forwarders deliver to your doorstep. any thoughts?

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

oldspicedeo

Looking Around
27/8/19
2 weeks ago, I got a watched shipped through DHL from Puretime and went through customs safely. 3 days ago, I had parts sent by Li from JTime through DHL and they were held by customs, but when I was able to give a proof of payment, they released my package. Now, I am in the process of ordering another watch from JTime because of his excellent customer service, but he told me DHL is not safe these days.

Anyone here had their watched by customs through DHL?

fireice2

Known Member
4/3/19
Customs opened my cheapo gate DJ41. It was sent through China Post. It was eventually released after almost 60 days.

My high-end reps all came from PT and were sent through DHL. Only my PO GMT was held pending submission of product specifications as declared and proof of payment. Package released within a day of submission.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhezerrheyreyes

jhezerrheyreyes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/10/18
Philippines
Hey guys,

been wanting to get a Daytonna from one of the TD's .
But Im really hesitant about the watch not making it through customs here.

I have of course read about the horror stories here of getting held at customs.

how do i improve my chances of getting my watch through?

Are there any reputable Rep retailers in Manila? would rather pay a premium and just pick up a watch. :)

Thanks Mr. Javajunkie for purchasing “Daytona Panda Noob V3” through me. Thanks also for the coffee. ????
15970cb7649f8439fd7dde499ca6c5d3.jpg
de46e7e12267edcc429bd06ba51a4b16.jpg
23687636cb14826c4c8e40486274d32d.jpg

Tyrell123

Looking Around
21/8/19
Hello i ordered a watch and it was held by the customs here in manila what should i do?

fireice2

Known Member
4/3/19
Hello i ordered a watch and it was held by the customs here in manila what should i do?

Why was it held? What did the notice from customs state?

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Radiantorchid13

Looking Around
14/11/19
Hello! Newbie here from Manila. Recently stumbled to this forum. Thanks for all the info, just want to share that from what I know, customs do get strict - er during December :)

Radiantorchid13

Looking Around
14/11/19
Me again, just want to know if there is a chance that anyone has bought from Time Factory at Instagram? I've been inquiring about prices of his pieces and they are around the 30 to 50k range. Hoping for feedback please. As i am scared of customs seizing shipping from a TD Hehehe

Yadda Yadda

Horology Curious
23/4/18
Local price of 25k upwards for clones - superclones is fair price. Provided that the dealer has your back if you encounter any problems with your watch. Dahil hindi lang naman price ng watch ang babayaran natin, part of the premium we pay for is aftersales support and risk free shipping. If you can afford to lose your money to customs seizures, try the TDs here. Pero if we want 0% risk and solid aftersales support, we have to pay premium.