• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig KtsItaly, aka MarcoC aka Uomo1001

Dirkjon

Supporter
Certified
15/4/12
USA
Yes that would be awesome, i think everyone is willing to pay 2~4% escrow fees which will give you insurance. and the admins/mods get some payment for there work...

I Support this idea 100%. Sure, there would be a few kinks to work out but I don't think they'd be prohibitive. The more I think about it, I'm not sure that there has to be any sort of "official" RWI policy (although I'd welcome that). Just an agreement between buyer, seller and the horologist who's willing to provide that service.

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I Support this idea 100%. Sure, there would be a few kinks to work out but I don't think they'd be prohibitive. The more I think about it, I'm not sure that there has to be any sort of "official" RWI policy (although I'd welcome that). Just an agreement between buyer, seller and the horologist who's willing to provide that service.

THIS

WILL

NEVER

HAPPEN.

Talk about it all you want, it won't happen.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I Support this idea 100%. Sure, there would be a few kinks to work out but I don't think they'd be prohibitive. The more I think about it, I'm not sure that there has to be any sort of "official" RWI policy (although I'd welcome that). Just an agreement between buyer, seller and the money launderer who's willing to face arrest as a consequence of his involvement.

Fixed it for you.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

I dont even know how this would work out ?

Seller sells a watch , buyer buys a watch , watch get delivered, (good sale) then buyer does a chargeback 2 months later claiming not as described or not delivered , and the "escrow" is left holding the bag ?

Anyway RWI staff will not get involved in financial transactions

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
A Moderator in charge of a bank account who's sole and unique purpose is the holding and transfer of funds from the sale and purchase of counterfeit goods on a global scale.

I'm in.

Fishpan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/4/20
New York
A Moderator in charge of a bank account who's sole and unique purpose is the holding and transfer of funds from the sale and purchase of counterfeit goods on a global scale.

I'm in.

Don’t forget. Profiting 2-4% from such involvement. Man it’s tempting. LMAO.

Reactions: Glaude

Dirkjon

Supporter
Certified
15/4/12
USA
THIS

WILL

NEVER

HAPPEN.

Talk about it all you want, it won't happen.

Sure, I'd like to have a constructive discussion about it. First, I'm not suggesting that just any horologist who says that he can take a watch apart offer this service. I'm thinking about folks like RWI's "trusted modders" who work on hundreds of reps a year and already have the confidence of this community. And, I'm talking about the mods here who likewise already have the trust of the members here. Like I said, there would be some kinks to work out. But, for example, I'd have no issue sending you, Oascom, Interaktiv and several other horologists here who have earned the trust of this community a modded/frankened watch to confirm gen parts. Members already send (you) and them highly valuable parts and watches to work on, right? Likewise, I'd have no issue sending a few thousand bucks to you or the others I identified to hold until you confirm or reject the authenticity of the parts claimed to have been used in the build. Sure, sellers can post pics but, as we know, a seller can also send a watch other than the one that he posts pics of in his sales thread. To further clarify, I'm not talking about parts that are bought individually and are easily identified. I'm talking about complete builds that unskilled folks like me don't have have the skill to disassemble and inspect. I believe Ebay and Chrono24 offer this service, no? I appreciate the discussion!

Dirkjon

Supporter
Certified
15/4/12
USA

I'm in.

Well, let's drill down a little deeper on that thought....much of what happens here could arguably be characterized as facilitating the purchase and sale of counterfeit goods, no? Not that I'm being critical of that. I support this site and I buy/sell reps so that's a non-issue for me.

Reactions: kavorca1

Dirkjon

Supporter
Certified
15/4/12
USA
I dont even know how this would work out ?

Seller sells a watch , buyer buys a watch , watch get delivered, (good sale) then buyer does a chargeback 2 months later claiming not as described or not delivered , and the "escrow" is left holding the bag ?

Anyway RWI staff will not get involved in financial transactions

Thanks for the comment, Raddave. I can appreciate and respect that as RWI's position for it's staff. The chargeback issue is one of those "kinks to work out" as I mentioned. But, as we know, there are payment methods that cannot be reversed.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
It all boils down to honor and integrity from both buyer and seller. we all need to be "stand up" guys on rwi. Too bad we don't have to take an omerta oath to join this family. It might help get rid of some of the "rats" than join.

Fishpan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/4/20
New York
It all boils down to honor and integrity from both buyer and seller. we all need to be "stand up" guys on rwi. Too bad we don't have to take an omerta oath to join this family. It might help get rid of some of the "rats" than join.

I didn’t have to take an oath. But I had to send nudes. Just in case I fucked someone over I was told they would be posted all over the net and taped up in seedy pub bathrooms all over the world with my address. Didn’t you all have to do the same?

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I didn’t have to take an oath. But I had to send nudes. Just in case I fucked someone over I was told they would be posted all over the net and taped up in seedy pub bathrooms all over the world with my address. Didn’t you all have to do the same?

dont tempt me

Reactions: Ecender and Fishpan

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
It’s a better idea than an escrow service. LMAO

you asked for it ....

V7iHbSw.jpg