• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig gsauto

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Wow, so glad that so many of you throwing 'your 2 cents' in here aren't Moderators.

For info - putting an account in the Brig is not done on a whim or a fancy. It's discussed at length by Admin and Moderators long before anything is done, and people are given ample opportunity to explain, give their version of events etc.

elputoii made a big mistake by not checking the contents of the package when it arrived, a mistake he'll probably regret for a long time yet.

When confronted with the fact that the dial he had shipped out was damaged - damage that wasn't noticed by his buyer, but by a Rolex AD who refused to instal the dial on his genuine Daytona because of the damage on it - he refunded his buyer immediately, without question. So not only did elputoii not notice the damage to the dial, neither did his buyer - it had to go to a Rolex AD before anyone saw it.

RWI Admin and Moderators have the facts here - the '2 cent'rs' don't.

What??? this is not the dial I send him. I send the dial in Photo not the other one. I simple to understand that he send the photo of another dial. Moreover he wait 6 months to see it? First thing he do when receiving the dial is only to verify it everyone do this. He told me nothing and after 6 months he has a problem??? not possible. He damaged the dial and now he want the money. I never sell the damaged dial!!!

This isn't very clear - if I understand this right, you sent him the perfect dial (2ST07), which is the dial in the photos of your sales thread, but you certainly didn't send him the damaged dial (2SH09).

But when he received the perfect 2ST07 dial, he damaged it and at some point the reference number on the back changed.

If you sent him the perfect 2ST07 dial, and he damaged it, how is it that the ref' number on the back has changed ? - For your information, it wasn't elputoii that took the pics of the ref' number on the back of the damaged 2SH09 dial, it was a third party, 100% trustworthy so I am absolutely certain that the dial you sent to elputoii is the dial with the reference number 2SH09, and that he can't have taken a pic of another dial, with a different ref' number because he didn't take the pics - it was someone else.

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
Throwing my pennies into the fountain -- what is a reasonable statute of limitations on disaffected parties in a transaction here? I'm not aware of any in place (please correct me if I'm wrong), but it seems 30-60 days is a reasonable timeline? That gives time for economy shipping (10-14 days) plus inspection (another 10-14 days) and time to "test drive" the items in question.

I'm not for adding more work here, but we used to have a feedback section for each transaction and guys seemed to guard their reputation pretty fiercely. I have no idea what that takes to get in gear or if its cost/time prohibitive, but it seemed to provide a closure to each transaction. Maybe a tab on each sale that says "Confirmed Received, Satisfied" from the buyer. If not marked within 30 days of sale, RWI, its agents/officers and seller deem the transaction closed and all parties satisfied. One click, simple.

A lot can happen in 6 months: memories get short and things get shuffled around -- despite either side's intentions or past performance, its asking a lot from all parties to have a squeaky clean memory and be 100% on target. Again -- pennies in the fountain haha.

This ^
I can’t imagine asking for return 6months later
Doesn’t matter who is correct on their stories
30 days must be a standard procedure

I believe I can add “my 2 cents” if not then I’m sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Wow, so glad that so many of you throwing 'your 2 cents' in here aren't Moderators.

For info - putting an account in the Brig is not done on a whim or a fancy. It's discussed at length by Admin and Moderators long before anything is done, and people are given ample opportunity to explain, give their version of events etc.

elputoii made a big mistake by not checking the contents of the package when it arrived, a mistake he'll probably regret for a long time yet.

When confronted with the fact that the dial he had shipped out was damaged - damage that wasn't noticed by his buyer, but by a Rolex AD who refused to instal the dial on his genuine Daytona because of the damage on it - he refunded his buyer immediately, without question. So not only did elputoii not notice the damage to the dial, neither did his buyer - it had to go to a Rolex AD before anyone saw it.

RWI Admin and Moderators have the facts here - the '2 cent'rs' don't.

This isn't very clear - if I understand this right, you sent him the perfect dial (2ST07), which is the dial in the photos of your sales thread, but you certainly didn't send him the damaged dial (2SH09).

But when he received the perfect 2ST07 dial, he damaged it and at some point the reference number on the back changed.

If you sent him the perfect 2ST07 dial, and he damaged it, how is it that the ref' number on the back has changed ? - For your information, it wasn't elputoii that took the pics of the ref' number on the back of the damaged 2SH09 dial, it was a third party, 100% trustworthy so I am absolutely certain that the dial you sent to elputoii is the dial with the reference number 2SH09, and that he can't have taken a pic of another dial, with a different ref' number because he didn't take the pics - it was someone else.

I understand. Still, for neutral reasons, i would have elputo prove his installed dial isn't the one sold.

​​​​​

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
So basically if we got this correct:

Gsauto sells a dial;

Elputo buys it, never checks it, then sells it to someone else not noticing any of this evident damage. Also, not a single pic of the serial number in his sales thread.

Another guy buys it, this third buyer complains for damage.

So the dial has been in two different buyers hands, 6 whole months have passed and yet the original seller is supposed to refund.

Is that correct or are we missing something?

...Btw. Thought this section was to expose people to the community. If so, we should be allowed to throw our 2 cents in like we do when there is a clear scam.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

Gsauto sells a dial;

Elputo buys it, never checks it, then sells it to someone else not noticing any of this evident damage. Also, not a single pic of the serial number in his sales thread.

So the dial has been in two different buyers hands, 6 whole months have passed and yet the original seller is supposed to refund.

...Btw. Thought this section was to expose people to the community. If so, we should be allowed to throw our 2 cents in like we do when there is a clear scam.

Sure go head ....

Reactions: DD60

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Be advised we are also looking at his past selling history , and completely disregarding a Global Moderators attempt to contact him until he was place in the Brig , and his actions were monitored on the site before action was taken .

dk0243

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles

Gsauto sells a dial;

This is how I understood it as well. It’s totally possible that both RWI users are telling the truth and that the dial got swapped/scammed by the third party. Actually seems more than likely.

It seems that Elputo never actually saw the dial or is able to verify what he received from GSAUTO, only that the third party returned "it."

Chain of custody is a real thing man. It seems pretty tainted in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: johloo and mari115

gsauto

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
26/11/19
[REDACTED]

It's not me I am not selling shit of Renault car.

Last time I had a problem with a V6S case I sell. The buyer received it and send me message because it was damaged. I refund him.

Here the problem is completely different. I send a new dial. elputoii received it. He sell to another person. This person return the dial to elputoii.

Elputoii tell us that he don't check the dial when receiving it and don't check the dial before sending to the third person.

So Perhaps this third person change the dial and send him back a damaged dial.

The serial number are different.

The only think that is true is that I am banned from the forum without reel proof of something.

Do you realize, buying something 1500$ and not checking or opening when receiving???

Perhaps Elputoii say true, perhaps this is the third person who change the dial.

Moreover if I send another dial to elputoii it means that I have several dial in my possession.... Sorry but I don't do gen Daytona dial collection!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

Gsauto sells a dial;

Yes, opinions are welcome - if they are relevant and pertinent.

Facts - if they are correct - are also welcome.

But here you stumble at the first hurdle. It hasn't been 6 whole months, it is in fact barely 5 months since the dial was sold - you are basing your opinion on the facts given by only one of the parties, which is exactly what you shouldn't be doing.

I've already stated this, but I'll state it again for your benefit. There are 2 buyers who didn't notice the damage to the dial, it had to go to a Rolex AD (that's Authorized Dealer) before anyone noticed it - and they refused to instal the dial because it is damaged and therefore substandard in their opinion.

proxyserv

29/3/12
It's not me I am not selling shit of Renault car.

Last time I had a problem with a V6S case I sell. The buyer received it and send me message because it was damaged. I refund him.

Here the problem is completely different. I send a new dial. elputoii received it. He sell to another person. This person return the dial to elputoii.

Elputoii tell us that he don't check the dial when receiving it and don't check the dial before sending to the third person.

So Perhaps this third person change the dial and send him back a damaged dial.

The serial number are different.

The only think that is true is that I am banned from the forum without reel proof of something.

Do you realize, buying something 1500$ and not checking or opening when receiving???

Perhaps Elputoii say true, perhaps this is the third person who change the dial.

Moreover if I send another dial to elputoii it means that I have several dial in my possession.... Sorry but I don't do gen Daytona dial collection!

So you don't have any connection with a now defunct business in France called [REDACTED]

And your name isn't [REDACTED], and you don't live on the street [REDACTED] ?

And this isn't your email address - [REDACTED] ?

OK, my mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
I've already stated this, but I'll state it again for your benefit. There are 2 buyers who didn't notice the damage to the dial, it had to go to a Rolex AD (that's Authorized Dealer) before anyone noticed it - and they refused to instal the dial because it is damaged and therefore substandard in their opinion.

Please let me to correct you. You’re not stating for “my” benefit, as you can see there are multiple users trying to understand what happened. So, you’d better state for “our” benefit, as all we’re doing is said: trying to understand what happened, not hunting witches. We all know how it historically ended.

Now I agree people should do all they can to prove the item was as described, but isn’t it buyer’s duty as well? I still can’t see how anyone would be allowed to complain at the original seller after he sold the item to a third person. Not even mentioning the time passed by, being it 3/4/5/6 months or whatever. Personally speaking I’d never accept back anything who has been bought by someone and then sold to someone else at some point. How am I supposed to know what happened to it?
How is bringing a damaged dial at a Rolex AD a proof itself?

I think that’s important to know for the community.

That being said, may the scammer burn in hell. Whoever is. No dispute on this :)

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
Please let me to correct you. You’re not stating for “my” benefit, as you can see there are multiple users trying to understand what happened. So, you’d better state for “our” benefit, as all we’re doing is said: trying to understand what happened, not hunting witches. We all know how it historically ended.
Now I agree people should do all they can to prove the item was as described, but isn’t it buyer’s duty as well? I still can’t see how anyone would be allowed to complain at the original seller after he sold the item to a third person. Not even mentioning the time passed by, being it 3/4/5/6 months or whatever. Personally speaking I’d never accept back anything who has been bought by someone and then sold to someone else at some point. How am I supposed to know what happened to it?
That being said, may the scammer burn in hell. Whoever is. No dispute on this :)
  • Also we need proof of the second buyer, who brought it to the Rolex AD. actually did received an letter by Rolex saying they wont install? Maybe he switched the dial and scammed elputoii
  • elputoii accepted the dial, sold it to the second buyer, *Banggggg* there goes his warranty, that has been expired by doing this action!
  • Even if GSauto sold him another dial, its always the buyers duty to tell immediately, not randomly sell it to anyone else, claiming a refund after all isnt possible, were not Authorized Dealers who give warranty! its B2B! the wild wild west!
Thats my 2 pennies.

guybythelake

13/7/14
Possibilities:
1. gsauto sent different, damaged dial
2. elputoii got his packages (dials) got mixed and sent elputoii's dial to modder. Gsauto's dial is in his watch now. elputoii can check the numbers of the other dial he bought, if he has the pics to rule this out.
3. The person elputoii sold the dial has changed the dials.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

No need to correct me - it was a statement I made purely for your benefit - re-read what I wrote.

Once again, members accounts are not placed in the Brig on whim or fancy. The situation is looked at from all angles, both parties are asked for their version of event - some choose to reply, some not - and after discussion amongst staff a conclusion is reached.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to everyone present here, sadly it doesn't mean anything that a third party brought a dial to Rolex, it could be any dial, as far as I understood there is no actual proof that the dial bought from the third party and the dial brought to rolex by this third guy is the same dial, right? Gsauto could have sold a new dial, that could have been kept unopened for months by elputo, who then sold the new dial to a third party, who then kept this new dial and used a damaged one he had for this elaborate scam (this is just opinions and speculations). Correct me if i'm wrong, but this looks like the old switcheroo that scammers do on Amazon, sending back a different item from the one they received. It really sucks, looks like a complicated situation.

We've always been taught how this website isn't Amazon, maybe not even Amazon refunds items after 6 months (lol), and this stinks a lot, gsauto not replying to the moderators until being put in the brig, elputo not checking 1500$ worth of a dial after receiving it, the appearance of a third party who, when receiving the dial, didn't notice the damage that is easily seen with naked eyes, but needed to bring it to rolex and only they noticed it. Bro if i was in the third party's place the first thing i'd do when receiving a 1500$ item would be checking for damage or whatever.

Welp, Hopefully we can shed some lights on it all

Reactions: Snil and dk0243

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
For all the people throwing in their 2 cents here, I would request you to read everything in both the threads and watch the pictures carefully and one shall start appreciating the commendable job and the hardwork the Mods have done to bring the culprit to the Brig.

I was the third party who did buy from elputoii, who claimed to have no tools to take the Dial out of the package and reference link was present in the Sales Thread. I would request you all again, to look in his original sales thread and the observations given by the Mod-Tripdog at the end. The low quality picture indeed shows the damage which was done before it was shipped to me. Being not an expert on the Watches and just interested in watches, joined this forum in October last year and found some amazing people in here and made purchases with several HVS in the last couple of months alone in the M2M sales. Only this one had an issue. Seller promptly refunded the amount and the item was returned to the sender.

Last edited:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
There are 2 buyers who didn't notice the damage to the dial, it had to go to a Rolex AD (that's Authorized Dealer) before anyone noticed it - and they refused to instal the dial because it is damaged and therefore substandard in their opinion.

If the summary is the one above... Oh well. I asked a question which bugs me: how is bringing a dial at a Rolex AD a proof that the original seller sent a damaged one?

Nevermind btw, before you even tell me I get that this is a private forum and it’s none of our business what you guys want or don’t want to do. Anyone’s able to make up his own mind based on the facts you shared, and if there’s anything else I think it should be shared as well for the sake of our community.

I’m out

Last edited:

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
For all the people throwing in their 2 cents here, I would request you to read everything in both the threads and watch the pictures carefully and one shall start appreciating the commendable job and the hardwork the Mods have done to bring the culprit to the Brig.

I see, that's crazy! Hopefully everything can get sorted out!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikz19
Status
Not open for further replies.