• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why I’m here?

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Sorry for not chiming in earlier been a long few days.

Both the watches seem 100%. I personally would take 89 the 5 digit one! A beauty and perfect size!! Good luck.

Oh just a heads up. Looks to me that the dial and hands have been replaced. Probably when serviced. They markers and hands would be patina from 89.

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Sorry for not chiming in earlier been a long few days.

Both the watches seem 100%. I personally would take 89 the 5 digit one! A beauty and perfect size!! Good luck.

Oh just a heads up. Looks to me that the dial and hands have been replaced. Probably when serviced. They markers and hands would be patina from 89.

You are correct! Fair play to your knowledge occb2 that’s awesome and why I love this forum - so many knowledgable people! It actually had a full Rolex service prior to my purchase with an “overhaul” bill for circa £1000 which included a new dial I think. Unfortunately neither are for sale though. If circumstances change I will be in touch. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: occb2

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
You are correct! Fair play to your knowledge occb2 that’s awesome and why I love this forum - so many knowledgable people! It actually had a full Rolex service prior to my purchase with an “overhaul” bill for circa £1000 which included a new dial I think. Unfortunately neither are for sale though. If circumstances change I will be in touch. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmmm I don't know Cookie, after all the hullabaloo those watches caused, maybe they should go into the RWI raffle? Just kidding Mate, wear them in good health - they have a personal story attached to them now... Worth their weight in gold I'd say.... :p

Last edited:

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
This is one of those fairytale endings, that makes you just feel so warm and fuzzy inside. Because after binge reading through the rest of the brig and seeing so much shit, one really needs it :thumbup:

So now the true question cookie88888 , now that your appetite has probably come back from the release of so much stress. What is your first meal of choice as a free man!

xray7

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
1/4/18
Old Dart
Sounds like a big misunderstanding. Being in some gen forums myself (I use different nicks to avoid this though) I know how they see our hobby. And, in their mind, it’s some sort of legend that a guy who owns gen could ever buy a rep. Nevertheless many of them still own reps. Lol

It surprises me when I see people who use the same nick here in their 'rep life' as on TRF being belligerent, rude dicks over there when 30 seconds Google-fu showing their many posts here would cause them to be on the outs over there instantly.

Never have done anything nor would I on that score but it's one if those strange dissonances in those who play down their interest in reps on a gen forum but are semi privately major enthusiasts.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
cookie88888 great to see you’re out of the brig.

Unfortunately folk on gen fora seem to take a dim view of reps in general. I expect we have quite a few of them here as guests from time to time, as the stuff one can learn here far exceeds that on any gen forum.

But it’s clear from this - the moment there’s even the faintest sniff of a link to the rep world - identical usernames on gen and rep fora as in this case - it doesn’t take long for ‘em to get the pitchforks out.

SaltyChief

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/5/20
The nicest gen watch I have ever owned is a used Seamaster 300. I never joined any gen forum but I can tell you for sure that seeing this makes me want to stay clear of their forums if I do end up buying another gen watch. As far as what I can tell a little patience could go a long way. Maybe ask people about things before slamming them would be the best way to go on both sides. Leadership takes a measured hand and a whole lot of patience. In the military as a senior leader I do a whole lot more listening to people than talking when it comes to solving issues. Both forums would have been far better served by asking questions before jumping to conclusions. A little due process to everything never hurts but I sure do laugh a lot when the stone cold goobers try to be sneaky and get caught!

For what its worth maybe deleting this threat would be fair to Cookie. This should not have happened and thus should be expunged for him. Just my 2 cents. :drinks_cheers:

Reactions: balance27

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
The nicest gen watch I have ever owned is a used Seamaster 300. I never joined any gen forum but I can tell you for sure that seeing this makes me want to stay clear of their forums if I do end up buying another gen watch. As far as what I can tell a little patience could go a long way. Maybe ask people about things before slamming them would be the best way to go on both sides. Leadership takes a measured hand and a whole lot of patience. In the military as a senior leader I do a whole lot more listening to people than talking when it comes to solving issues. Both forums would have been far better served by asking questions before jumping to conclusions. A little due process to everything never hurts but I sure do laugh a lot when the stone cold goobers try to be sneaky and get caught!

For what its worth maybe deleting this threat would be fair to Cookie. This should not have happened and thus should be expunged for him. Just my 2 cents. :drinks_cheers:
I'd say this is a fair example of a cautionary tale - To me the whole ordeal is as much a reflection on being careful with your identity, as a case of mistaken assumptions and incorrect conclusions. It serves as a lesson for all, I'd venture. Just my 2c's though :).

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk