• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the brig - Rayquaza aka Alyazid BAIZ - LIAR, THIEF, SCAMMER

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Here's an modified opinion. I know you hate opinions on modifying sales rules, but I offer anyways. Free of charge!

There is no dispute about RWI's ethos on enhancing member safety and allowing flexibility for the progress of excellence in replicadom. Various old rules in place, and newer rules place attest to the fact. As there is no dispute, I wont list them.

Member safety is one prime concern, but to accommodate the flexibility of innovation (i.e. no blanket restriction on $ amount for sale), consider a simple metric: tie the $ value of sale with the # of posts of seller. There is already a 25 or so post limit to list for sale. There is another rule w.r.t. HVS above say $700. If a member wants to sell at list of $1k, he should have at least 100 posts. If she wants to sell at $10k, only allow her if she has a 1k posts. This wont affect the seasoned hobbyists who frankenstein as they will already qualify.

So your solution is add an equation of math to the value of a sale x number of posts?

Sure

No one asked for you opinion, no one was interested in hearing your opinion yet you write a paragraph of nonsense?

Nope. Will not happen

sent from my noob v20 ultra

Reactions: DD60

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Oh look. 106.280

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
So your solution is add an equation of math to the value of a sale x number of posts?

Sure

No one asked for you opinion, no one was interested in hearing your opinion yet you write a paragraph of nonsense?

Nope. Will not happen

sent from my noob v20 ultra

Why Jakers? You can now sell something for 149.490!!

Reactions: Raddave

Sh3113r

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/20
Sacramento, CA
Here's an modified opinion. I know you hate opinions on modifying sales rules, but I offer anyways. Free of charge!

There is no dispute about RWI's ethos on enhancing member safety and allowing flexibility for the progress of excellence in replicadom. Various old rules in place, and newer rules place attest to the fact. As there is no dispute, I wont list them.

Member safety is one prime concern, but to accommodate the flexibility of innovation (i.e. no blanket restriction on $ amount for sale), consider a simple metric: tie the $ value of sale with the # of posts of seller. There is already a 25 or so post limit to list for sale. There is another rule w.r.t. HVS above say $700. If a member wants to sell at list of $1k, he should have at least 100 posts. If she wants to sell at $10k, only allow her if she has a 1k posts. This wont affect the seasoned hobbyists who frankenstein as they will already qualify.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA

All that would do is increase the number of 'nice watch' type post-whore posts and has no bearing on whether an individual is honest or not. Just exercise some caution when dealing with people, I was interested in that Gen AP ROO that he was selling but his demeanor and constant "lets make a deal" type messages made it seem too good to be true. The closest price on Chrono was 18k for that model and I can't imagine someone wouldn't just sell it locally if they were going to fire-sale it anyways.

A scammer will always scam, and regardless of the protections in place they will find a way around it with enough determination and persistence. Just have to be careful.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
All that would do is increase the number of 'nice watch' type post-whore posts and has no bearing on whether an individual is honest or not. Just exercise some caution when dealing with people, I was interested in that Gen AP ROO that he was selling but his demeanor and constant "lets make a deal" type messages made it seem too good to be true. The closest price on Chrono was 18k for that model and I can't imagine someone wouldn't just sell it locally if they were going to fire-sale it anyways.

A scammer will always scam, and regardless of the protections in place they will find a way around it with enough determination and persistence. Just have to be careful.

I am also wary of the guys who mis-identify AP models. Afterall, a 15202 will sell a lot more than a 15400. If you happen to know such a guy (just randomly saying), do be wary too. :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I am also wary of the guys who mis-identify AP models. Afterall, a 15202 will sell a lot more than a 15400. If you happen to know such a guy (just randomly saying), do be wary too. :hehehe:

why ?

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA

I can't even keep up with all of the name changes he's doing these days, be wary .. LOL

I think he's on his 3rd name change since the 'episode'

WATCH HACKER

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
lol and... you named him. :D

LOL I couldn't remember what he changed it to so I had to go find one of the threads .. it was bugging me .. I personally use him for all logo checks. He's the best in the business .. most of the time :hehehe:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
oh ok cause i kinda want a 15400 white , and the 202s dont appeal to me

ok the first step is to avoid any advice given by WATCH HACKER, and then the second step is to order the watch Raddave... He is a good guy but despite all our attempts to educate him, he still is unable to distinguish between a 15400, and a 15202, yes even for the silver dial. :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure and Lizandro

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
ok the first step is to avoid any advice given by WATCH HACKER, and then the second step is to order the watch Raddave... He is a good guy but despite all our attempts to educate him, he still is unable to distinguish between a 15400, and a 15202, yes even for the silver dial. :hehehe:

lol

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
HAHAHAHA dammit! I knew it. When I see my notifications and saw you legend and Rawbe praising my knowledge again, can't stop to thank God on having people that always remembers me. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Rawbe be my subscriber so you can catch up :laughing::laughing: I believe I explain already for the changes haha. :bicycle:
legend why you always miss me? :deadhorse: hahaha. I'm taking up classes now on Bachelor of Science Audemars Piguet :harhar:

Raddave I'm planning to sell my 15400 soon but can't do any listings now because of this COVID and please protect me from those guys :rollingonthefloor:

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
HAHAHAHA dammit! I knew it. When I see my notifications and saw you legend and Rawbe praising my knowledge again, can't stop to thank God on having people that always remembers me. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Rawbe be my subscriber so you can catch up :laughing::laughing: I believe I explain already for the changes haha. :bicycle:
legend why you always miss me? :deadhorse: hahaha. I'm taking up classes now on Bachelor of Science Audemars Piguet :harhar:

Raddave I'm planning to sell my 15400 soon but can't do any listings now because of this COVID and please protect me from those guys :rollingonthefloor:

Are you sure its a 15400? Check it twice .. where is the logo? LOL