• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the brig Rolex212 aka LarryZek

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Not making any assumptions but I was surprised to see this as I have not been around much lately...

Last edited:

Rolex212

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
18/7/19
Not making any assumptions but I was surprised to see this as I have not been around much lately...

Happens
Only Euros can profit on gen parts here
Unless we assume they just drop parts to the community at cost or below all the time

Reactions: Flyin_gnome

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
:facepalm:

Reactions: Glaude

Soldier2304

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/17
This is the only thing i will be posting here but i just had to say I find it QUITE ironic you banned a decent member IN MULTIPLE forums for marking up some shitty Gen inserts when crap like this: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-lv-hulk-set-dial-and-bezel-116610-submariner

has been allowed for some time now knowing damn well this is not what they originally paid for it. We see this almost every week with overcharges and straight bullcrap like “brushed as per gen = $100” or Gen crystals bring sold for more than $380 or Gen 3135 datewheels USED for more than $170 when we know and anyone familiar with gen parts prices know this is all a big scam and huge profits are being made. You all know who the REAL profiteers are in this forum. This is the reason why some very respected and very knowledgeable members simply stopped contributing to RWI because no one gave two shits when it was brought up. Funnily enough and sadly at the same time, this same group of guys you called “the mob” STILL continue behind the shadows to look out for this place and look out for it’s members even if 90% of the shit that goes down is overlooked, ignored or “justified”. All I know is that I’ve known Larry for about 2 years now. In 2 years, I’ve seen Larry give away watches, I’ve seen him helping people during hard times by giving them money or send them goods directly to their house, Ive seen him get scammed and forgiving. I’ve seen him defend MOST of RWI mods even knowing of the crap that never gets resolved. He is not only a friend but a decent man with honor and principles specially with the people he cares for and I don’t think he deserves all the backlash for having done 2% of what others do 80% off on pretty much a WEEKLY basis yet they are regarded as upstanding members.

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
This is the only thing i will be posting here but i just had to say I find it QUITE ironic you banned a decent member IN MULTIPLE forums for marking up some shitty Gen inserts when crap like this: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-lv-hulk-set-dial-and-bezel-116610-submariner

has been allowed for some time now knowing damn well this is not what they originally paid for it. We see this almost every week with overcharges and straight bullcrap like “brushed as per gen = $100” or Gen crystals bring sold for more than $380 or Gen 3135 datewheels USED for more than $170 when we know and anyone familiar with gen parts prices know this is all a big scam and huge profits are being made. You all know who the REAL profiteers are in this forum. This is the reason why some very respected and very knowledgeable members simply stopped contributing to RWI because no one gave two shits when it was brought up. Funnily enough and sadly at the same time, this same group of guys you called “the mob” STILL continue behind the shadows to look out for this place and look out for it’s members even if 90% of the shit that goes down is overlooked, ignored or “justified”. All I know is that I’ve known Larry for about 2 years now. In 2 years, I’ve seen Larry give away watches, I’ve seen him helping people during hard times by giving them money or send them goods directly to their house, Ive seen him get scammed and forgiving. I’ve seen him defend MOST of RWI mods even knowing of the crap that never gets resolved. He is not only a friend but a decent man with honor and principles specially with the people he cares for and I don’t think he deserves all the backlash for having done 2% of what others do 80% off on pretty much a WEEKLY basis yet they are regarded as upstanding members.

I think the problem wasn't the mark up, as gen parts are allowed to be sold for market value. The problem was he repeatedly lied to mods about where he obtained said inserts and was very easily found out. Repeatedly lying to staff while trying to profit is probably frowned upon ..

Reactions: Tucker

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
This is the only thing i will be posting here but i just had to say I find it QUITE ironic you banned a decent member IN MULTIPLE forums for marking up some shitty Gen inserts when crap like this: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...610-submariner

KlYwR.jpg
You made me realise, reddit may really be THE place for you. Have you tried?

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17

Hi there, I don't know you or any of the people referenced in all of this as I'm comparatively new to the forums. If I accept everything you write as being true, it seems to me that what Larry did is still indefensible.

The forum doesn't allow profiteering. Larry bought a job lot of inserts and sold them at a profit, then when caught red handed, lied repeatedly to mods to try in vain to cover his tracks. That's a ban all day long isn't it? What do your say about those actions?

If Larry was in Court for murdering somebody, how far do you think he'd get if his 'defence' was that you shouldn't punish him, even though he was caught red handed, because other people have committed crimes and gotten away with it due to a lack of evidence? That seems to be what you're suggesting.

Reactions: Glaude

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland

I think it is admirable that you have come on to defend your friend. I do indeed understand your concerns and I am aware of some of the various rumours and accusations have been leveled against the team here for turning a blind eye to profiteering both on and off this forum. To say we do not give a crap about it is far from the truth and we do more than any other forum that I have seen including gen fora to protect the membership. I think it is only fair that that fact is mentioned. The problem we always have is proof and deciding what is reasonable. Yes it is a judgement call every time and so much is discussed behind the scenes. However we cannot just burn someone because accusations are made, without proof.

What Larry did was very blatant and a simple mea culpa would have been enough but he chose a different path which led to the banning. I know Larry well enough and I really do wish him well but this episode was as shocking as the Devaughn incident to me. Knowing his track record as you have mentioned I did not think he would have done this.

Rolex212

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
18/7/19
I think it is admirable that you have come on to defend your friend. I do indeed understand your concerns and I am aware of some of the various rumours and accusations have been leveled against the team here for turning a blind eye to profiteering both on and off this forum. To say we do not give a crap about it is far from the truth and we do more than any other forum that I have seen including gen fora to protect the membership. I think it is only fair that that fact is mentioned. The problem we always have is proof and deciding what is reasonable. Yes it is a judgement call every time and so much is discussed behind the scenes. However we cannot just burn someone because accusations are made, without proof.

What Larry did was very blatant and a simple mea culpa would have been enough but he chose a different path which led to the banning. I know Larry well enough and I really do wish him well but this episode was as shocking as the Devaughn incident to me. Knowing his track record as you have mentioned I did not think he would have done this.

I gotta say out of all the Mods on here. I have the most respect for you because you were always fair and level headed.
The gangs so to speak showed you that I think a few years ago around the holidays
No ill will towards you buddy

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
i thought i was fair :(

QueTip

Staff member