• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig Jami3lulu AKA Jamie Lui AKA Jamie Yen

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I am sorry for you people who got scammed by this guy.

Another PP crap charge back case. Sadly these cases are getting too common. I for one am not accepting paypal. Ripoff fees and lousy conversion rates and risk of charge backs even for F&F payments. No thanks. Bitcoin or Transferwise. I haven't tried Revolut but I heard it's a bit more expensive than Transferwise though still much cheaper than PP.

I would advice anyone to think twice before accepting paypal payments.

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
it seems a small minority ruin it for the majority.
you take precautions with every transaction, but if someone intends to scam you, its a real kick in the balls.
I for one am very careful who I deal with as I am sure most are, but it creates an air of mistrust which is sad on an enthusiasts forum.
you end up only dealing with people you know and have built up a trust with.
I am sure the mods do all they can to vet people who join the forum, but it seems the bad ones will somehow slip through the net.

Reactions: Raddave

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
I am sorry for you people who got scammed by this guy.

Another PP crap charge back case. Sadly these cases are getting too common. I for one am not accepting paypal. Ripoff fees and lousy conversion rates and risk of charge backs even for F&F payments. No thanks. Bitcoin or Transferwise. I haven't tried Revolut but I heard it's a bit more expensive than Transferwise though still much cheaper than PP.

I would advice anyone to think twice before accepting paypal payments.

Revolut has ZERO fees.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Sorry peterchao and other who got scammed by this scum.

There should be a "Verified Buyer" badge.
Kindda like HVS approval. So that for High Ticket sale items the Buyer can decide if they sell to a Verified Buyer or not. Or ask the buyer to become a Verified Buyer.

Patrons and Suppoters can be Verified Members as well. Coz they usually pay for thier status with PayPal and that comes with the Registed person's name and if the payment is asked for as goods and services then an address will be attached to it as well. So when a seller ships to the Varified Seller they can cross check the name and address with the mods. Just to be on the safe side.

Reactions: Balboa

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Revolut has ZERO fees.

That’s great but I suppose the have some kind of business model and is not a charity. They probably make a few dimes on conversion though I don’t suspect it to be over 5% like paypal. I will look into Revolut for sure!

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
That’s great but I suppose the have some kind of business model and is not a charity. They probably make a few dimes on conversion though I don’t suspect it to be over 5% like paypal. I will look into Revolut for sure!

They have a paid subscription to have higher balance movement and they get money as credit card merchant.

Payment between revolut members has zero fees and has a very good conversion rate. I only use that now.

Reactions: xartan

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Sorry peterchao and other who got scammed by this scum.

There should be a "Verified Buyer" badge.
Kindda like HVS approval. So that for High Ticket sale items the Buyer can decide if they sell to a Verified Buyer or not. Or ask the buyer to become a Verified Buyer.

Patrons and Suppoters can be Verified Members as well. Coz they usually pay for thier status with PayPal and that comes with the Registed person's name and if the payment is asked for as goods and services then an address will be attached to it as well. So when a seller ships to the Varified Seller they can cross check the name and address with the mods. Just to be on the safe side.

Who would Verify the buyer ?

this post works both ways for buyers and sellers ....

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ead-before-buying-anything-from-other-members

alot of people dont do their home work then they expect Staff to fix it , for starters , if someone was buying from me and using someone elses PP account it would have made me bail ....

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Ill bet not one of these people sent an email to Nick to see if Jamie Liu had permission to use his PP account , if they did , they would have a leg to stand on as far as the disputes

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Who would Verify the buyer ?

this post works both ways for buyers and sellers ....

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ead-before-buying-anything-from-other-members

alot of people dont do their home work then they expect Staff to fix it , for starters , if someone was buying from me and using someone elses PP account it would have made me bail ....

I mean not verify persay. What I meant was kinda like HVS approval process. The verified/approved buyer will have to provide the sales mods the similar kind of info HVS sellers have to provide. At least this kind of check point will make think the would be scammer think twice.

But I do agree with you. It's important for both Buyer and Seller to do due diligence before any transaction. Better safe than sorry.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I mean not verify persay. What I meant was kinda like HVS approval process. The verified/approved buyer will have to provide the sales mods the similar kind of info HVS sellers have to provide. At least this kind of check point will make think the would be scammer think twice.

But I do agree with you. It's important for both Buyer and Seller to do due diligence before any transaction. Better safe than sorry.

Like i said how are (is) anyone going to verify a buyer , why cant (dont) the seller request the same information and check it out ?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
In addition to what Raddave said, people need to keep in mind that this is not a sale platform, this is a forum, the member to member exchange market is a free space offered for people to trade and staff is only here to help and assist the good working state of it.

HVS are just a security tool because of the large sum of money requested by the seller and in case something goes wrong, this is an easy process as we have an item that can be identified and linked to an HVS, but I don't see how that would work with a buyer

Reactions: xray7

DreadPirateRobert

Wtb Zenith Ton Up Chrono
Advisor
13/6/14
Fire Swamp
About a month ago I agreed to sell a watch to a member. The funds came in from a name that was different from the mailing name. I googled it and it turns out the buyer uses both names. I brought the issue up to the buyer and he explained it. No harm no foul.

if I felt it was a weird situation I wouldnt have competed the sale.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I wish more sellers would acknowledge good buyers in the member sales review, looks like a 4:1 ratio.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I would the old feedback rating system can return. It would be much easier to leave feedback and see a seller or buyer's rating.

This 100%. When I first was starting in this hobby, this was my guide for if I would buy from or sell to someone. I always avoided new members with no or minimal feedback, just like I do with eBay. I don't know the tech side if it's possible, but I personally appreciated it and miss it.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
This 100%. When I first was starting in this hobby, this was my guide for if I would buy from or sell to someone. I always avoided new members with no or minimal feedback, just like I do with eBay. I don't know the tech side if it's possible, but I personally appreciated it and miss it.

It will be back and some of the old system feedbacks are still stored in the database, so not everything has been lost in that regards.
My to do list of thing is very long and some things are on top of that, but it's definitely high up

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK

I agree with this too 100%. As a new member myself and just starting out in this hobby I think this would be just as important to members like me as it would be to the older members.