• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig - Uomo1001

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I am so confused about what is going on here

It is easy A. He made sales threads but it was not him so he did ask for HVS approval but he didn't. He posted the hand written tags but it was not him. He did not use his own PC but he did or did he? If it took a hen a week to walk a fortnight, and seven yards of cotton to make a shirt for an elephant, what would the tail cover?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
It is easy A. He made sales threads but it was not him so he did ask for HVS approval but he didn't. He posted the hand written tags but it was not him. He did not use his own PC but he did or did he? If it took a hen a week to walk a fortnight, and seven yards of cotton to make a shirt for an elephant, what would the tail cover?

I didn't quite follow before, but that sums it up perfectly :rofl:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

:rofl:

Targa

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/10
That covers it except whose paypal account paid for the supporter fee

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
That covers it except whose paypal account paid for the supporter fee

A good point but in quantum reality the same thing can exist in many different planes at the same time. So logically anything could have happened there.

Consider this statement for a minute "This statement is false".

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
361ac076507cf974fe8f5803afff893c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: C Master

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Interesting is how he laughed at my price offer via PM about his Daytona and did not tell me that it was not for sale. So was it?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
So it was Schrodinger's watch?

Maybe or maybe not depending on whether the watch exploded or not, but we do not know because we have not observed it. Therefore I can conclude it is definitely Schrodinger's watch. The more important question is: if a quartz rep falls in the forest and there is no one around to observe it, does it make a tick?

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Written language can often be confusing as it removes the opportunity for vocal syntax through pressure, pitch, tone and clarity. Take for instance the following sentence

I didn't say he scammed you

If we apply the emphasis to any individual word, the sentence takes on difference meaning

I didn't say he scammed you - someone else did

I didn't say he scammed you - so you did say it?

I didn't say he scammed you - maybe it was implied through other words or even written, not spoken

I didn't say he scammed you - it wasn't him that scammed you, it was someone else

I didn't say he scammed you - but he may have stolen your identity, thrown you under a bus, humped your wife, etc

I didn't say he scammed you - it was someone else he scammed

With all this considered, we take away the opportunity of contextual application of emphasis when writing, unless we add such things as bold, italics, underlining, colour change etc, and then we also have the 'google translate issue'

So when the OP throws out the Shaggy line - It wasn't me - maybe we should give him the benefit of d-...... no. No, we shouldn't.

Here's one for google translate for you Uomo1001 "Res ipsa loquitur"

Perhaps the principle of Occam's Razor also applies here.

If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck; its probably a du-...... no, it's Uomo's evil twin

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
Is it too late to say that I got fucked over, based on formerly good "stats", and that cases like that are the reason that we should all consider paying the extra 4% on PP in case things go sideways? Probably is... :woo:

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
A good point but in quantum reality the same thing can exist in many different planes at the same time. So logically anything could have happened there.

Consider this statement for a minute "This statement is false".

Reactions: Nivka