• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the brig Moldy780

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Moldy780 I was consulted before you were shackled and thrown in the Brig. I specifically recall your sale of several dials that were identified as being purchased elsewhere for significantly less money. When comparing pictures of the backs of the dials it was obvious the backs had been polished to eliminate distinguishing characteristics...but they were the same dials. I can’t recall if you were trying to sell the dials via PM or through a sales thread. However, it was clearly profiteering with an attempt to cover up the improper conduct. I anticipate you will deny knowledge of this incident but I remember it well. Unfortunately, the thread and/or PMs have been lost. Your name comes up frequently in “rep being passed off as gen” discussions. Lesser men have been freed from the Brig after redeeming themselves. Do your time. Don’t get shanked.

Good memory. A few years back I noticed that someone bought these dials on eBay for approximately $600 ea. then I saw the same dials being sold here by Moldy780 on here for double that. I called him out and he ended up selling these dials through PMs. He painted the back of the black dial and photoshopped the back of the silver dial.

VTCoMd.png

Reactions: MrBeasy and QueTip

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
Good memory. A few years back I noticed that someone bought these dials on eBay for approximately $600 ea. then I saw the same dials being sold here by Moldy780 on here for double that. I called him out and he ended up selling these dials through PMs. He painted the back of the black dial and photoshopped the back of the silver dial.

VTCoMd.png

Yep. Those are the dials.

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
What a shady dude! Total scammer!
smoke I’m glad you pointed out the fake dial which opened this pandora’s box.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
What a shady dude! Total scammer!
smoke I’m glad you pointed out the fake dial which opened this pandora’s box.

Bro that's one of the reasons im here for aswell as sharing my knowledge in the rolex /tudor game .so guys can buy stuff in confidence members send me pics of stuff they have brought daily via pm asking if there shit is real or not.most of the time the stuff is bogus

Last edited:

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Moldy780 I was consulted before you were shackled and thrown in the Brig. I specifically recall your sale of several dials that were identified as being purchased elsewhere for significantly less money. When comparing pictures of the backs of the dials it was obvious the backs had been polished to eliminate distinguishing characteristics...but they were the same dials. I can’t recall if you were trying to sell the dials via PM or through a sales thread. However, it was clearly profiteering with an attempt to cover up the improper conduct. I anticipate you will deny knowledge of this incident but I remember it well. Unfortunately, the thread and/or PMs have been lost. Your name comes up frequently in “rep being passed off as gen” discussions. Lesser men have been freed from the Brig after redeeming themselves. Do your time. Don’t get shanked.

i recall one ebay seller having 10+ AP 15400 black dials for sale for less than $500 and was also taking offers. surprise, surprise a month or so later Moldy780 list 4 gen dials for sale at > $1k. Nice!!
I don't have proof so let it slide. Good job QueTip
i can't find that ebay listing otherwise it wouldn't take much to drop the seller a msg and confirm the buyer. :eek:

Reactions: MasterWatch

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
i recall one ebay seller having 10+ AP 15400 black dials for sale for less than $500 and was also taking offers. surprise, surprise a month or so later Moldy780 list 4 gen dials for sale at > $1k. Nice!!
I don't have proof so let it slide. Good job QueTip
i can't find that ebay listing otherwise it wouldn't take much to drop the seller a msg and confirm the buyer. :eek:

I bought one :/

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Tis true, "What a tangled web one weaves when one endeavors to deceive."

Getting caught in your own web of deceipt is truly just.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
SKMGN0, isn’t that Deepdwellers account over at TRF? Doing multi-accounts now...?

(I have been drinking two glasses of good stuff so sorry if I’m incorrect) :D

Moldy780

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/8/16
Hi guys, just got back from vacation. I wasn’t checking the thread while I was gone but I’ve come back to take a look.

I’d like to start off by admitting that it was wrong of me for posting the hulk dial and insert on eBay without double checking their authenticity. However, no one was harmed from this transaction and I have since received a refund from the original seller.

As for the bluesy, I have decided the best route is for me to keep it and enjoy it as my own. The watch is stunning in its own right and I am certain that the majority of the parts are genuine, so I don’t mind keeping it. I’ll attach a tagged pic so that you guys can see that it is not for sale and that no one has bought it.

Those are the allegations I was brought in here for and those are the allegations I am responding to. Though I would be ecstatic if it did happen, I understand that is unlikely I will get un-brigged any time soon, having been around this forum long enough to see how stuff goes. I don’t blame RWI for operating this way because actual scammers do deserve to be brigged. This is likely my last post in this thread unless the mods contact me asking for anymore info or proof for whatever they would like. I’m sure if you look back far enough you’ll find that I’ve never done anything to deceive someone on what they were buying.

I would like to thank this forum for years of entertainment, resources, and education. Though my collection only contains a sole rep of the bluesy these days (ironically enough which I didn’t even know contained any rep parts), I still furthered my watch collecting interest and info through this site.

I would like to make a donation to the website before I sign off for good in hopes that it helps the mod team keep the website running. If any of them could contact me with info of where to send money too, I’d like to donate $200 to the site as a thanks for years of giving me the privilege to browse this forum.

Side note, if any of the mods could PM me there is something unrelated I would like to discuss via PM as well.

Thanks again RWI members and moderators.

trailboss99 QueTip Raddave C Master

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Hi guys, just got back from vacation. I wasn’t checking the thread while I was gone but I’ve come back to take a look.

I’d like to start off by admitting that it was wrong of me for posting the hulk dial and insert on eBay without double checking their authenticity. However, no one was harmed from this transaction and I have since received a refund from the original seller.

As for the bluesy, I have decided the best route is for me to keep it and enjoy it as my own. The watch is stunning in its own right and I am certain that the majority of the parts are genuine, so I don’t mind keeping it. I’ll attach a tagged pic so that you guys can see that it is not for sale and that no one has bought it.

Those are the allegations I was brought in here for and those are the allegations I am responding to. Though I would be ecstatic if it did happen, I understand that is unlikely I will get un-brigged any time soon, having been around this forum long enough to see how stuff goes. I don’t blame RWI for operating this way because actual scammers do deserve to be brigged. This is likely my last post in this thread unless the mods contact me asking for anymore info or proof for whatever they would like. I’m sure if you look back far enough you’ll find that I’ve never done anything to deceive someone on what they were buying.

I would like to thank this forum for years of entertainment, resources, and education. Though my collection only contains a sole rep of the bluesy these days (ironically enough which I didn’t even know contained any rep parts), I still furthered my watch collecting interest and info through this site.

I would like to make a donation to the website before I sign off for good in hopes that it helps the mod team keep the website running. If any of them could contact me with info of where to send money too, I’d like to donate $200 to the site as a thanks for years of giving me the privilege to browse this forum.

Side note, if any of the mods could PM me there is something unrelated I would like to discuss via PM as well.

Thanks again RWI members and moderators.

trailboss99 QueTip Raddave C Master

lol, this is an excellent post if you want to share a formula for the autosink

Reactions: Mike116

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
@moldy780

I still won’t judge you or call you names. But you choosing to walk away instead of answering to the allegations about the concerns the other members raised pretty much is saying that you were happy to take the members’ money during those transactions, but that you account to nobody except the mods. That’s not cool.

You were vigorously defending yourself until members came on to post about your past shady dealings here and thereafter you changed your tune and chose to ignore everything said against you.

Well whatever it is, I wish you all the best in your future endeavors and remember that guys here know more about superfrankens a lot than the general world does and it will not do to repeat your actions anywhere again.

It’s a little sad to see a member gone from the community this way honestly and I hope you end up in a better place and learn to be more accountable for your decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk