• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the brig Moldy780

Moldy780

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/8/16
How in the world does your 1995 16613 with a “re-cut” case have thicker lugs than the newer 2006 16613 you sold last January? Laser-welding usually doesn't add that much material.

8c49.jpg

It's almost as if the guys at “LAWW” were trying to make it a six-digit Sub case if we were to believe your story.

On TRF, you listed it with the title “FS: 1995 Rolex Submariner 16613 "Bluesy" - Fresh from service today

You say you think the “entire watch is gen minus maybe the case” yet in that listing you know enough to say when it was serviced, which parts are original and which parts are replacements. What is it then? Do you think or do you know? There's also no mention of a previous owner in that listing.

And who ”serviced” it? Because your eBay listing shows you tinkering and putting a different and damaged dial in that same exact case.

8c4a.jpg

I’m actually out on vacation so I’ll reply to the rest of your post when I get back to hotel later tonight.

yongsum

Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/6/19
Sooo, please to tell, and all of replicadom wants to know, what fake PP replica was this? I am sorry to say your AD is blowing hot smoke through your rear end.

i really have no clue. i heard this late last year so would have forgotten even if he did tell me. not really sure why he'd share that story with me though. he essentially admitted his watchmaker overlooked it for years. i was inquiring, i believe, because i had returned an obvious rep from ebay.
but what i gather is that reps are not actually that hard to tell from gens ?
or at least shouldn't be to a trained eye.

Reactions: XLR8R

yongsum

Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/6/19
If this AD can't tell a replica patek from a genuine, they really don't have any business being an AD. To my knowledge none are that close, and the movements should be a dead giveaway.

As far as your Omega, I'm truly sorry to hear that. Accidents happen, and if the watchsmith is that careless, I'd take my business elsewhere.

thank you, bit of a loss as to next step. i doubt he will "keep an eye out for it" and who knows if it will ever return. been considering a rep caseback but either way i'll have a frankenwatch.

and interesting about the quality. i was thinking these new clone reps are so close that they can pass almost any inspection. or is it just pp's that aren't quite that close yet ?

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Moldy780 If this is all just a witch hunt and us mean mods are all just ganging up on you and you've done nothing wrong, please can you explain to me why it is that since 18 June, LOOOOONNNGGG before this "witch hunt" on you began, I've been dealing with a Help Desk Ticket about a rep case you sold as gen IN A BACKDOOR DEAL?????? This in itself is against our rules, yet you seem to sniff and sneer at the measures we put in place to protect people, and deal behind the scenes anyway? WTF - all the while you are protesting your innocence here, I'm reading with intent, given my knowledge of your shady back door deals.

Oh yes, I really did mean shady - You sold a rep case for $2,300. This has been confirmed as a rep case by several other members, before the HD ticket was taken out. It's a shame for the buyer that he also breached our rules and we therefore cannot get involved in this, but......... I expect you WILL refund him in full and he return the case to you. That would be the honourable thing.

Then, if you make amends with that; I will leave you in the capable hands of QueTip to decide whether you have redeemed yourself that may ever warrant your release from the brig. IMHO, if and that is a very big, stupendously gigantically IF, you were ever given such leniency; you should be on a permanent NO SALE, but the way I see it from my perspective, regardless of what Que is dealing with in this thread, back door dealing is enough to boot you from the forum, and its even worse that such back door dealing is yet another example of you selling replica parts as genuine. I wonder whether that is why it was sold behind the scenes, as if a public sale had been posted, all of the much more knowledgeable members than I, would have shot you down in a heartbeat.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
If this AD can't tell a replica patek from a genuine, they really don't have any business being an AD.

Don't forget J&W were making solid gold Patek reps with genuine dials and MVTs priced at 20 to 40k (still under a third to a fifth of gen price), it may have been one of those.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Don't forget J&W were making solid gold Patek reps with genuine dials and MVTs priced at 20 to 40k (still under a third to a fifth of gen price), it may have been one of those.
I've heard of those, but I thought they were mostly urban legend since it was long before I entered the replica scene. I'd love to see pictures of one if you have any or know where one might be.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It’s been a further education into the world of reps reading this thread.

A couple of well-worn phrases came to mind while doing so:
1. “Ignorantia juris non excusat” - ignorance of the law is no excuse.
2. If you “assume”, you’ll make an ass out of u and me.

Unfortunately it looks like - by the most lenient interpretation of the evidence - the accused is guilty of both in this case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
was this “genuine” watch also advertised on RWI? If not, why not? As this is also a great platform for selling gens. Also why was the offer on the bay from the grey dealer really not accepted? It might not be the case, but it really looks like he tried to avoid the seasoned eyes have a real look at the watch?

Reactions: DreadPirateRobert

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
was this “genuine” watch also advertised on RWI? If not, why not? As this is also a great platform for selling gens. Also why was the offer on the bay from the grey dealer really not accepted? It might not be the case, but it really looks like he tried to avoid the seasoned eyes have a real look at the watch?

I agree. Also the LV dial and insert was not listed here but on ebay. Those things would sell like hot cakes here that too without eBay fees.

DreadPirateRobert

Wtb Zenith Ton Up Chrono
Advisor
13/6/14
Fire Swamp
Moldy780 If this is all just a witch hunt and us mean mods are all just ganging up on you and you've done nothing wrong, please can you explain to me why it is that since 18 June, LOOOOONNNGGG before this "witch hunt" on you began, I've been dealing with a Help Desk Ticket about a rep case you sold as gen IN A BACKDOOR DEAL?????? This in itself is against our rules, yet you seem to sniff and sneer at the measures we put in place to protect people, and deal behind the scenes anyway? WTF - all the while you are protesting your innocence here, I'm reading with intent, given my knowledge of your shady back door deals.

Oh yes, I really did mean shady - You sold a rep case for $2,300. This has been confirmed as a rep case by several other members, before the HD ticket was taken out. It's a shame for the buyer that he also breached our rules and we therefore cannot get involved in this, but......... I expect you WILL refund him in full and he return the case to you. That would be the honourable thing.

Then, if you make amends with that; I will leave you in the capable hands of QueTip to decide whether you have redeemed yourself that may ever warrant your release from the brig. IMHO, if and that is a very big, stupendously gigantically IF, you were ever given such leniency; you should be on a permanent NO SALE, but the way I see it from my perspective, regardless of what Que is dealing with in this thread, back door dealing is enough to boot you from the forum, and its even worse that such back door dealing is yet another example of you selling replica parts as genuine. I wonder whether that is why it was sold behind the scenes, as if a public sale had been posted, all of the much more knowledgeable members than I, would have shot you down in a heartbeat.

Looks like he decided to check out after you posted this. He hasn't replied since

Reactions: seedeetee and yodog

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
Man, just reading Brig posts is enough to convince me I NEVER wanna be a inmate. There’s always a trail and honor can’t be bought or sold.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannyjb3

Known Member
14/7/17
Here is an explanation. This is PURE fiction, but an explanation.

Assume I am knowledgeable about franking watches. Just assume I am Delboy who has a buddy who knows a bit. I do a small job here and there, and suddenly I want to do a little bit bigger. But I want to cover myself in case I need to explain. So, I ask another buddy to sell my product in public, and I buy, paying relevant costs. I list and sell at significant profit to costs. In case I get caught, I have an alibi, or at least a credible explanation.

Again dude, not an accusation. Just one interpretation/explanation. The cricket match is boring, PAK- AFG, but looks like it just turned interesting. So good luck and best wishes.

This strangely reminds me of the scene from Good Will hunting when he explains why he doesn't want to work for the CIA haha

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
This strangely reminds me of the scene from Good Will hunting when he explains why he doesn't want to work for the CIA haha

The RWI site seemed to be down just some 1/2 hour ago, I was worried that hacker got in again. Anyways, good to see it is back up!