• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the brig Moldy780

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I mean it is like - every crime could be „improved“ once you are found guilty
Doesn‘t really help you to proof your innocence - not in court not here i assume.

lol

Last edited:

Moldy780

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/8/16
Random guy on eBay could be anyone. The reasoning alone is bollocks. If whoever worked on the case had 'recut' (why would one do that in the first place lol) this only means, the lugs were even fatter and the case even faker in the first place.

Meaning? Jokes on you bud. Now, is this still a witch hunt?

Yes, it could be Hans Wildorf himself or it could be some random guy who is going around trolling people. QueTip I understand that it's easy to accuse me, a member of RWI, of knowingly selling this as a fake but it really did look genuine to me. Believe it or not I believed it was genuine when I was able to identify that it had a gen movement, dial, bezel, insert, and a bracelet that is actually solid gold, not wrapped or plated. In the real world, 9999/10000 times this watch would be 100% gen - who builds frankens like this? I did not see it coming, especially since the seller is a trusted seller I have dealt with several times in the past.

Not a witch hunt, but kind of unfair that I wasn't even given an opportunity to take action on my own listing. Clearly I had no problem de-listing the hulk parts once I knew they were fake with compelling evidence from our kind forum member here. I was not given the same opportunity for the bluesy. Yes, it was a mistake for me to assume it was all gen, but I thought that I did my due diligence by opening it up and checking the movement. In the future I will ask for more expert eyes to look at it so I know a watch is in fact what is advertised.

I think my reputation precedes me and, believe it or not, mistakes do happen and lessons are learned. No one was impacted by my mis-listing of the bluesy and I will take it up with the person who sold it to me originally.

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
I mean it is like - every crime could be „improved“ once you are found guilty
Doesn‘t really help you to proof your innocence - not in court not here i assume.

lol

My point was I've been around long enough to know that scamming doesn't work, especially if it can be tied back to your RWI account.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
There were bigger and more stupid scammers than you are / not are in the past.

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
There were bigger and more stupid scammers than you are / not are in the past.

I have no interest in scamming as clearly I have never scammed anyone here nor anywhere.

Que, you are one of the most knowing members on this forum. For you it may have appeared obvious that this was rep but for me I thought I took the necessary precautions.

I hope it has come across that this was an honest mistake and in the future I will be sure to seek more expert opinions, such of those as people as knowledgeable as yourself. I'm not sure how much more I can say considering I explained that I did believe it was genuine, and since I found out it was not genuine I took the necessary steps to make sure no one was buying fake stuff.

I do love this forum dearly and I have received much entertainment and knowledge from it. Back when I joined I was wearing a canal st Rolex and now I know much more. I hope I will be able to be released from the brig and contribute to this forum.

Str1xt

Renowned Member
26/2/19
A watch witch hunt for a watch wranglers woefullly wretched watches. I f*#king love theses kinda hunts.

Last edited:
Reactions: DreadPirateRobert

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
You have a great responsibility when you sell something claiming it is genuine.

Hi Daytona, thanks for everything you do for this forum.

I know this. Up until now I’ve never really had a reason to doubt what I was being told is gen or isn’t so I think that I might have become a bit too trusting. In the future I will take every precaution to make sure items are exactly as I advertise them.

Is there any way I can be released from the brig? I’m willing to do whatever you request of me if you need any further proof or comment on something.

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
If this was a witch hunt against you, this would need to at least imply we've had beef in the past. Have we? I don't think we did. I never cared about you, nor do I now. ALL (and I mean it, ALL) other mods and admin have been in on this whole topic and are sharing my thoughts. If you want, you can hear from all of them.

Saying I'm acting irrationally would also need me to have any kind of connection to this which it does not, does it? Am I one of the fools you tried to play? Have I bought any supposed gen parts that turned out to be fake sold by you? No and no, I wouldn't be that guy. If I was you'd have other problems than this brigging.

Let's hear from everyone else publicly, PLEASE.

Raddave C Master Cicero trailboss99 blackboxes Ralphy DreadPirateRobert xj4sonx Glaude
Moldy780 I was consulted before you were shackled and thrown in the Brig. I specifically recall your sale of several dials that were identified as being purchased elsewhere for significantly less money. When comparing pictures of the backs of the dials it was obvious the backs had been polished to eliminate distinguishing characteristics...but they were the same dials. I can’t recall if you were trying to sell the dials via PM or through a sales thread. However, it was clearly profiteering with an attempt to cover up the improper conduct. I anticipate you will deny knowledge of this incident but I remember it well. Unfortunately, the thread and/or PMs have been lost. Your name comes up frequently in “rep being passed off as gen” discussions. Lesser men have been freed from the Brig after redeeming themselves. Do your time. Don’t get shanked.

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
Moldy780 I was consulted before you were shackled and thrown in the Brig. I specifically recall your sale of several dials that were identified as being purchased elsewhere for significantly less money. When comparing pictures of the backs of the dials it was obvious the backs had been polished to eliminate distinguishing characteristics...but they were the same dials. I can’t recall if you were trying to sell the dials via PM or through a sales thread. However, it was clearly profiteering with an attempt to cover up the improper conduct. I anticipate you will deny knowledge of this incident but I remember it well. Unfortunately, the thread and/or PMs have been lost. Your name comes up frequently in “rep being passed off as gen” discussions. Lesser men have been freed from the Brig after redeeming themselves. Do your time. Don’t get shanked.

Thanks for the reply. I actually do not recall what you are referring to, were they Rolex or AP dials? It is true I have amassed a collection of parts over the years, so perhaps it was a misunderstanding about a dial that was confused for a different one. Believe it or not I do not have a polishing device and I most certainly have not tampered with any dials in the past myself. Regardless, I am sure the situation was resolved at the time considering my name was cleared as I’ve never been in the brig before. I’m not denying this happened or not but I genuinely do not recall it, so I’ll take your word on it.

I’m honestly most surprised about the “rep being passed off as gen” accusations as I was blindsided by this. My collection is mostly gens these days and I only have ever sold personal pieces in my collection, never pieces that were bought with the intention of immediately flipping them. I do primarily like 5 digit pieces so it is possible that these watches have been tainted over the years and I or the previous seller were unaware of it.

I would have just appreciated some discussion via PM or another medium instead of being immediately brigged. Woke up this morning to check my PMs and got a message I was in the brig, it honestly surprised me as I didn’t see this coming at all.

I understand that as mods of this forum it’s your duty to out scammers or people who behave wrongly but this brigging is certainly a mistake. If you guys insist on leaving me in here I’m honestly powerless since it’s in your hands. If you guys would like anything from me I will send you screenshots/convos/whatever might help you in assessing that I’m in fact innocent. I hope that you can see that this is actually a case where I fell victim to rep parts and took the steps to make sure no one else fell victim to buying the rep parts in the future, as evidenced by immediate de-listing of the hulk parts following adequate proof and the taking down of the case once I knew that it was an RWI member who expressed concerns with its authenticity.

Like I said, please feel free to reach out with any questions or if there’s anything I can provide in order to help you guys with my case. If I didn’t like this forum so much I would just accept this brigging but I feel like I’ve been wronged in this case and, despite this, I still do love this forum and just started getting back into the game after a few month hiatus.

I’d also like to thank the mod team for being so diligent in their research. If I were actually trying to scam people you guys are doing work to make sure that people are not getting scammed. It’s important as members here on RWI we protect those who are less knowledgeable than ourselves - in this case me being the less knowledgeable member.

Tailspin

Supporter
25/10/12
and I only have ever sold personal pieces in my collection, never pieces that were bought with the intention of immediately flipping them.

Originally posted by theREALgoat View Post
Nice! Are you building these just to sell now?

"I have a surplus of dials from years of looking for them so I’m having my watchmaker build them and selling them to the forum."

Last edited:

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
Originally posted by theREALgoat View Post
Nice! Are you building these just to sell now?

"I have a surplus of dials from years of looking for them so I’m having my watchmaker build them and selling them to the forum."

Yes, I literally mentioned in the post above yours that I have amassed a large collection of dials over the years...

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Yes, I literally mentioned in the post above yours that I have amassed a large collection of dials over the years...
You said you've only sold your personal collection yet your own words that was pointed out to you was I have a large collection of dials so I am having my watchmaker build them to SALE TO THE FORUM

Like boss said keep on digging the hole surely is getting deeper

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
You said you've only sold your personal collection yet your own words that was pointed out to you was I have a large collection of dials so I am having my watchmaker build them to SALE TO THE FORUM

Like boss said keep on digging the hole surely is getting deeper

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Yes it was my personal collection. I said I acquired the dials and hence they were a part of my collection. How does this contradict anything I said? I’m not sure how having dials and putting them into a watch makes it not part of my collection. Not to mention I am selling at a slight loss for each watch. Literally part of my collection was a number of Gen dials

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Yes it was my personal collection. I said I acquired the dials and hence they were a part of my collection. How does this contradict anything I said? I’m not sure how having dials and putting them into a watch makes it not part of my collection. Not to mention I am selling at a slight loss for each watch. Literally part of my collection was a number of Gen dials
Let me attempt to be a bit more clear. They were not being built for you to wear and enjoy. Your words say you were using your parts to build watches to sale on the forum. Arguing with me does you no good.

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
Forum members and moderators,

I have been accused of knowingly selling frankens/rep parts as genuine in order to deceive people. I have made my case about why this is not what occurred and why I am innocent. I am offering to provide anymore evidence that you guys deem necessary but so far no one has mentioned anything, instead people are simply ignoring the proof I’ve posted and the actions I’ve taken to assure that no one else (besides myself, ironically) is getting scammed by purchasing rep parts. Both listings are down and the hulk stuff has been returned to the seller who promised me they were gen. The bluesy is also in the process of being returned and has been de-listed as well.

Somehow this thread has devolved to a discussion of my watches that I sell on the forum as being “basic bish” frankens and now it has turned to claims that parts cannot be considered part of a watch collection. I’m not sure how any of these have bearing on the original claims presented against me and I can definitely assert that none of these things are ban worthy. I urge the staff not to lose sight of the original claims against me and the evidence I’ve provided as to why I am not guilty.

If anyone has problems with what I’ve said as it pertains to the accusations of me selling rep parts as gen on eBay then feel free to ask for clarification. Though this has been both saddening and incredibly frustrating I still have faith that the team here at RWI will right their wrongs, just as I did when it was discovered that the parts I was sold as gen were in fact not genuine. Please, I urge you to inquire further and ask for whatever proof you want and I will be glad to supply.

If someone has a problem with me having dials as part of my collection or calling a watch Franken because it only has a gen dial then feel free to take that up with me through a different medium as it really has no bearing to why I was put into the brig.

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
Let me attempt to be a bit more clear. They were not being built for you to wear and enjoy. Your words say you were using your parts to build watches to sale on the forum. Arguing with me does you no good.

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Jason I’m not trying to argue with you I’m just trying to clarify. Just to make sure we are on the same page, I have some AP dials I no longer need and instead of selling them stand alone I have received great interest in frankens and decided to put them into JF 15400 so that I can slowly sell off my dials.

Yes, I am not building these to enjoy them but I meant it in the sense that the dials have been a part of my collection and I am now letting go of them. Surely this cannot be ban-worthy.