• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the brig Moldy780

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I’m beginning to think this is just a watch hunt honestly. I’m not sure what you have against me QueTip, but you’ve thrown everything you could find against me. Even the fact that you don’t like the fact that I list my AP’s as “franken” (not sure why this is a bannable offense).

I would like to hear from some other mods at this point regarding the situation. It seems that in the face of anger towards me, Que has just acted irrationally in brigging me without even a PM to clarify anything. Is this how you treat your long time members?

Yes, I have made a couple bad pitches recently that I now realize. In the grand scheme of things, having a couple of bad purchases over the course of severa years is expected and unfortunate. I don’t think you can say I’m dumb for having two bad purchases in four years. I’ve never gotten scammed like this before.

So, if you don’t think I’m knowledgeable, then so be it. And honestly, I am not very knowledgeable anymore as I have stopped keeping up with the reps as much. No matter what you think of me, this brig isn’t fair until due process is used. Maybe I’m “playing the victim” because I woke up to being banned out of no where for something that could have easily been prevented after contributing to the forum for years. If you want to call it “playing the victim” go ahead, I call it defending myself just like you are defending your forum.

trailboss99

If this was a witch hunt against you, this would need to at least imply we've had beef in the past. Have we? I don't think we did. I never cared about you, nor do I now. ALL (and I mean it, ALL) other mods and admin have been in on this whole topic and are sharing my thoughts. If you want, you can hear from all of them.

Saying I'm acting irrationally would also need me to have any kind of connection to this which it does not, does it? Am I one of the fools you tried to play? Have I bought any supposed gen parts that turned out to be fake sold by you? No and no, I wouldn't be that guy. If I was you'd have other problems than this brigging.

Let's hear from everyone else publicly, PLEASE.

Raddave C Master Cicero trailboss99 blackboxes Ralphy DreadPirateRobert xj4sonx Glaude

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
You being here was discussed by many staff members PRIOR to you being here

Sooooo

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Let's face it, I'm on a witch hunt.

Reactions: tmp2018

Moldy780

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/8/16
If this was so highly anticipated why was my input never asked for? How can you ban a longtime, dedicated forum member without even talking to them first?

I had no idea I was deemed a “problem” by anyone on this forum. I have long standing relationships with many of the mods and no one ever reached out to me about this.

How can this possibly be fair? I have provided proof that I didn’t intend to scam anyone. Once the hulk stuff was called rep, I removed the listing. Same would’ve happened with the bluesy if someone reaches out to me first.

So, please. I’ve provided my evidence that I haven’t meant to scam anyone, including literal eBay history and PMs. All I’ve received is banter and insults back. Please give me some evidence that was used to make the determination I was scamming people. I don’t see any.

I’d love to hear from the other mods such as yllekp or Dave. They know me better.

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
My friend Moldy, on your eBay listing you tried to tell me the following:

1. You’re very knowledgeable about these parts and the dial is 100% genuine and either “r-factory or your watchmaker May have scrubbed off the Rolex markings” - Any watchmaker would know that dial is fake af if he saw it!

2. After you were clarified that it’s fake, you messaged back saying you have an offer for $3,600 and you’re giving me an opportunity to buy it first

3. You then claimed you haven’t been on RWI in years - again another lie

4. Finally you cancelled it when I threatened to report you and you requested me not to report - of course I wasn’t going to pay for it so not like you returned my money. So, cancelling after all the justifications that it’s gen is not qualification of not-guilty!

There’s more but I’ll stop at that for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tmp2018 and androme

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
My friend Moldy, on your eBay listing you tried to tell me the following:

1. You’re very knowledgeable about these parts and the dial is 100% genuine and either “r-factory or your watchmaker May have scrubbed off the Rolex markings” - Any watchmaker would know that dial is fake af if he saw it!

2. After you were clarified that it’s fake, you messaged back saying you have an offer for $3,600 and you’re giving me an opportunity to buy it first

3. You then claimed you haven’t been on RWI in years - again another lie

4. Finally you cancelled it when I threatened to report you and you requested me not to report - of course I wasn’t going to pay for it so not like you returned my money. So, cancelling after all the justifications that it’s gen is not qualification of not-guilty!

There’s more but I’ll stop at that for now

Hey, how's it going.

1. I thought I was knowledgeable, but apparently I am not as much as I thought. Need to take more precautions in the future. I was just relaying what the seller told me.

2. No, after I realized it was fake I canceled the sale? I haven't re-listed it even though this occurred days ago.

3. I said I don't browse much these days, which is true.

4. I cancelled it and didn't relist it. If I wanted to scam I would just re-list it again. I don't even have the parts anymore as the original seller refunded the money I paid for them once I explained to him why they were rep.

I'm not sure how it isn't obvious that if I really was intent on scamming I would A) Re-list the parts after you decided not to buy them B) Deal locally on craigslist etc C) At least not use an eBay account linked to my RWI profile

I mean, at least give me some credit. If I was intent on scamming people there are much smarter ways than what you guys are accusing me of.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I don't understand, I have never been brigged before and I've never had anyone reach out to me about anything related to selling frankens before. I honestly do not know what you're referring to about me doing this before, perhaps you are thinking about someone else. Everything I have sold on this forum I have either broken even on or taken a slight loss.

Yes, I should have taken more precautions. It may have been naive of me to assume that the gen movement/dial/bezel alone indicated that this was a gen, but I noticed that all these parts were actually gen and took the seller's word that this piece was in fact what he said it was. I don't think this is unreasonable, considering 99.9% of the time a watch has a gen movement it actually is a gen. I'm confused as to why you think I was intentionally deceiving people by listing this as gen - I genuinely believed it was a Rolex watch. I've already taken it down until I know exactly what it is. Which parts are not Rolex? The seller told me that the case was beat up and was refinished, and I took his word for it considering that the rest of the watch was genuine as best I could tell and it accepted the Rolex 3135 without a problem. I know that you are extremely knowledgeable and so it might have been clear as day to you that this watch was not genuine, but to me it appeared genuine and I found no reason to question the seller. If an RWI member had seen my listing and messaged me saying "hey your watch is a franken, parts XYZ are rep" I would have taken the listing down ASAP and posted it here to figure out. I can send you screenshots of the original listing from where I bought this and you can see that it was advertised as genuine. Perhaps I should have checked the bracelet numbers but the rest of it looked fine to me so I didn't consider that.

Not true, when you first signed up on RWI, and started selling 'frankens' I called you out in one of your sales threads - gen parts were in fact fake. You were upset about my posting in your sales thread and Pm'd me about it.

DreadPirateRobert

Wtb Zenith Ton Up Chrono
Advisor
13/6/14
Fire Swamp
Moldy780

I just saw this thread. So noone messaged you on ebay about that shitty bluesy case? Why was your price so much lower than every other gen bluesy? Looks to me like it was priced for a quick sale

Reactions: Bobcat12345

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
Moldy780

I just saw this thread. So noone messaged you on ebay about that shitty bluesy case? Why was your price so much lower than every other gen bluesy? Looks to me like it was priced for a quick sale

Robert,

No, I actually received an offer on it from a grey dealer but did not accept it. The previous owner told me that the watch case was reworked by LAWW and re-cut, and that the serial number and reference number was lost in the process. Of course, I know that not having these engravings lowers the value of the watch, hence why I sold it for lower. Looking back I should have realized that the first owner was being shady, but I got a good deal on it as well and was excited to have the watch. I actually think the entire watch is gen minus maybe the case since that has been pointed out. The bracelet is definitely solid gold, the movement is a 3135, the bezel is gen, etc.

I just cannot fathom how it would make any sense for me to use linked eBay account if I was trying to scam people. I've been here for years. I know what happens to scammers around here. No one gets away with it. I would at least have made a different eBay account - it literally takes 10 minutes to make one.

DreadPirateRobert

Wtb Zenith Ton Up Chrono
Advisor
13/6/14
Fire Swamp
Robert,

No, I actually received an offer on it from a grey dealer but did not accept it. The previous owner told me that the watch case was reworked by LAWW and re-cut, and that the serial number and reference number was lost in the process. Of course, I know that not having these engravings lowers the value of the watch, hence why I sold it for lower. Looking back I should have realized that the first owner was being shady, but I got a good deal on it as well and was excited to have the watch. I actually think the entire watch is gen minus maybe the case since that has been pointed out. The bracelet is definitely solid gold, the movement is a 3135, the bezel is gen, etc.

I just cannot fathom how it would make any sense for me to use linked eBay account if I was trying to scam people. I've been here for years. I know what happens to scammers around here. No one gets away with it. I would at least have made a different eBay account - it literally takes 10 minutes to make one.
Well, that's not true because I messaged you on it yesterday and got a response immediately.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

03ceb711ab7cda11fb4abbe9d4e06ea1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: QueTip and tripdog

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Case is fake as hell and the whole bracelet is a mashup at best. Like I said before, I’d like to know the stamping on the bracelet but clasp sure as hell didn’t come with this bracelet and that’s a fact.

You just shot yourself in the knee.

Reactions: tmp2018 and lmagg00

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
Well, that's not true because I messaged you on it yesterday and got a response immediately.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes,

This is exactly what I just said in my previous message. Relayed from the original seller as I mentioned

Last edited by a moderator:

yongsum

Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/6/19
not taking sides here but interesting thread and wanted to contribute my two (if that) cents.

i am not only a noob on this forum, but to watches in general i'd say. seems like the replica game is getting so strong, that even your above-average watch enthusiast can be dooped.
my local patek AD, where i take mine, told me of a guy who brought in his 35k watch for years for service, and it wasn't until they sent it back to the factory that they discovered it was a replica.

also, my omega 2537.80 ended up with a wrong caseback after one of my visits to the watchmaker. not telling when this happened, could have been 3 years ago. but i just noticed and it is the only possibility since i only take it to that place for service. what to do ? it unknowingly became a franken (sigh)

so until everyone has a very nice loop/photos and a well trained eye, seems like replicas can be passed as gens quite easily. or they should really register each and every watch internationally, like a car. so there will be an owner associated with a given watch. i for one am scared that some of the watches i paid 10k for are replicas now.

cheers

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
If anyone can explain to me why, as a member of the forum for years with 1500 posts who has seen a lot, I would use RWI-linked eBay accounts to scam people then I will quit fighting this brigging and call it a day.

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
You said noone messaged you about the bad case though

Ah I misunderstood. I thought you wanted clarification on the case via eBay PM. If you had messaged me on here or on eBay explaining your concerns with the case instead of saying "it's fake" I would have looked into it more - it was some random eBay guy (who now I know is you, would've been helpful to know) in my eyes. I would take my sellers word over some random eBay guy as I have dealt with him often before.

Reactions: Benchok

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
You said noone messaged you about the bad case though

Btw, like I said I received offers for it but was waiting for a price closer to what I paid ($6500). Highest offer I received was for $6200 via bankwire from a grey dealer who contacted me via eBay. If I was indeed scamming I had many opportunities to cash out.

I've probably had over $20000 of transactions on this forum and all went without a hitch. I have had many opportunities to scam but it is not something I'm interested in.

Sure, I made a couple bad purchases lately, but the hulk stuff was de-listed immediately while I investigated earlier and the most feedback I got on the bluesy was "the case is fake" - which is not really compelling considering I thought it was coming from a random on eBay.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Random guy on eBay could be anyone. The reasoning alone is bollocks. If whoever worked on the case had 'recut' (why would one do that in the first place lol) this only means, the lugs were even fatter and the case even faker in the first place.

Meaning? Jokes on you bud. Now, is this still a witch hunt?