• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig jampo

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Thanks guys.....still always here when home.....just no longer in the front lines as much.

One of the GOOD GUYS folks...if you are new here, you could always count on Steelio to be the voice of reason...but piss him off...well you mght as well drink the Kool-Aid...:hehehe:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
One of the GOOD GUYS folks...if you are new here, you could always count on Steelio to be the voice of reason...but piss him off...well you mght as well drink the Kool-Aid...:hehehe:

You summed it up perfectly :)

One of the nicest guys on the forum.

Reactions: WingNut

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
You summed it up perfectly :)

One of the nicest guys on the forum.

ViJH2X.jpg

Reactions: Glaude

Misterhl

Horology Curious
5/4/19
No, millennials - check out Reddit - they're crawling over that place like ants.

I don’t blame you, being a noob/millennial myself, can’t seem to digress on some of the narratives and concerns of seasoned vets on this forum. It’s a deeper rooted issue with our gen. As a disclosure, this is not applicable or a generalization to tarnish the reputation of noobs, nor am I implying in any way, shape or form that all millennials act/behave in this manner. Having personally witness in everyday life with piers and office culture, I have to say it seems to be an instant gratification and entitlement issue. It happens everywhere, not just within RWI. The “tier” and “title”system seems to be slowly diminishing, many entry level counterparts think they’re just as equal or better to our senior management and execs ( let’s not divulge into politics and nepotism as that’s subjective on case by case scenario). There’s an article on Forbes I believe that millennials are expecting a raise after 1 year and many companies are creating “fake titles” to satisfy said “requests”. Point Blank- Being a traditionalist but also a modern realist, imho, you have to do your due diligence and earn merit and respect, in every aspect. RWI is club, a clan, cult I.e. open to all, but a Grace and trial period is necessary to earn credibility within the ranking system, respectively. From which who can blame? Can see both POV’s in this scenario, and seems like there are so many contingencies and nuances that factor into this grueling process, however, rules are rules. Hoping there’s a more diplomatic method of approach go forward and a fair/happy ending for both parties involved!

Sent from the RWI App

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I'm impressed with the patience of the mods here. Also their ability to keep the conversation from turning into a lynch without a trial which was about to happen a few times underway.
I'm glad the OP got his money back, though.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Misterhl

You make some valid points...now I want to add my .02...

I am an "active" member of three watch forums...this being one of them...and the longest tenure.

I do not think that they are clubs, clans or cults...but a certain culture does exsist within each...the persons (Admins) that run these forums have domain over what goes on...like it or not...they are not democracies...

When you lurk or join you get the feel for a forum and it's "culture"...if you find it's to your liking, you contribute and enjoy the place...If you do not like the atmosphere you are welcome to voice your opinions...but don't keep bitching about it...if it bothers you...leave...there are other places you may find more to your liking...I'm not trying to be an ass, but that's how I feel.

I have made many good friends here over the years and learned more than I would have imagined...and hopefully I'll make new friends and learn some more...

For the new folks...tenure and reputation does have it's perks...here as in life...we all start somewhere...enjoy, contribute and learn...

:wingnut:

Last edited:

Misterhl

Horology Curious
5/4/19
Misterhl

You make some valid points...now I want to add my .02...

I am an "active" member of three watch forums...this being one of them...and the longest tenure.

I do not think that they are clubs, clans or cults...but a certain culture does exsist within each...the persons (Admins) that run these forums have domain over what goes on...like it or not...they are not democracies...

When you lurk or join you get the feel for a forum and it's "culture"...if you find it's to your liking, you contribute and enjoy the place...If you do not like the atmosphere you are welcome to voice your opinions...but don't keep bitching about it...if it bothers you...leave...there are other places you may find more to your liking...I'm not trying to be an ass, but that's how I feel.

I have made many good friends here over the years and learned more than I would have imagined...and hopefully I'll make new friends and learn some more...

For the new folks...tenure and reputation does have it's perks...here as in life...we all start somewhere...enjoy, contribute and learn...

:wingnut:

I agree, may have miswrote, was not meant to be perceived as democracies. Glad to hear about your successful tenure with friends and knowledge within these forums. Looking forward to same. Boils down to having respect for the lay of the land “culture”. Enjoy, contribute and learn, appreciate the 02, thanks for sharing insight.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: WingNut