• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig jampo

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
125% true. I've posted a few watches for sale recently, and the amount of one or two digit post-number fellas that PM'd me with the most idiotic questions and looking for a fast deal is just overwhelming. It's the first time I haven't even responded to some of them (I used to reply even if it was to politely decline). Personally, I'd rather keep my watch than sell it to someone without supporter or patron status.

So true,
i know I am a rookie compared to many on the forum, but I get the same thing. I had a DSSD on a sales thread and I must have gotten over 10 “I’ll take it “ PM’s followed with multiple questions and request for additional pictures ( same stuff already in the sales thread) and never receive payment. I give everyone a fair shake as I am new also, but the majority of those PM’s came from noobs with less than 20 post.

Reactions: Tucker

TaizDhaar

Known Member
30/5/17
I was like that too when I first joined here. I understand what the senior members are saying also. I have indeed witnessed what they are talking about. However I still believe people need to be welcomed with open arms into the hobby. The vast majority are not here for their selfish needs. In time I would hope all new members become joyful contributors to this beautiful hobby. It really is a big family. Some regret that it is getting bigger but I for one do not.

Let us not let the odd few rotten eggs put us off something we enjoy.

There has been a lot of talk here where it was mentioned that the supposed scammer insistence of paying through PayPal GS instead of ff is fishy and a suggestion that all those members who insist on using that route could be a potential scam. I would just like to point out here that PayPal FF is not available in all the countries and there are a lot of members here including me who lose out onto some very good deals because of that. So generalizing everyone with the same thread is discouraging.
Rant over!!

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
There has been a lot of talk here where it was mentioned that the supposed scammer insistence of paying through PayPal GS instead of ff is fishy and a suggestion that all those members who insist on using that route could be a potential scam. I would just like to point out here that PayPal FF is not available in all the countries and there are a lot of members here including me who lose out onto some very good deals because of that. So generalizing everyone with the same thread is discouraging.
Rant over!!

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that sucks. From my country I cannot send F&F either. Third world problems

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
OK...I agree with C Master that we want to welcome those who share an interest in reps to RWI...a couple of things...

Spend some time exploring the "whole" forum first...next start posting...share your interests, your watches and any other stuff you want to share...there are plenty of sub boards for that...let folks get to know you.

Don't spend all of your time in the chat box asking who has this and where can I get that...that isn't participation...

Noboby really wants to sell to or buy from someone with a few posts...all adding nothing to the forum. (IMHO)

Finally, feedback is important...if you've sold to someone and it went well, let everyone know about it...the same if you bought a watch and it was a great experience...let's hear it.

There's room for everyone if you're here for the right reasons...

:wingnut:

Last edited:
Reactions: Str1xt

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
OK...I agree with C Master that we want to welcome those who share an interest in reps to RWI...a couple of things...

Spend some time exploring the "whole" forum first...next start posting...share your interests, your watches and any other stuff you want to share...there are plenty of sub boards for that...let folks get to know you.

Don't spend all of your time in the chat box asking who has this and where can I get that...that isn't participation...

Noboby really wants to sell to or buy from someone with a few posts...all adding nothing to the forum. (IMHO)

Finally, feedback is important...if you've sold to someone and it went well, let everyone know about it...the same if you bought a watch and it was a great experience...let's hear it.

There's room for everyone if you're here for the right reasons...

:wingnut:

sounds sensible.
have spent many hours reading up on various sections of the forum.
knowledge is power.
seems a good forum,and you just need to get established.
have bought one watch already, and now doing research regarding something else.
I suppose people are cautious until they see you are genuine.
had the same when I joined the z4 forum, but now its a great place, with a lot going on.
we all ask questions, but worth doing a bit of research yourself first.
exchanged a few pms so far, and if you come across as genuine, people will respect that.

Reactions: WingNut

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
sounds sensible.
have spent many hours reading up on various sections of the forum.
knowledge is power.
seems a good forum,and you just need to get established.
have bought one watch already, and now doing research regarding something else.
I suppose people are cautious until they see you are genuine.
had the same when I joined the z4 forum, but now its a great place, with a lot going on.
we all ask questions, but worth doing a bit of research yourself first.
exchanged a few pms so far, and if you come across as genuine, people will respect that.

This is nice, but I found that most of it doesn't seem to rhyme ?

cpd2186

Runway Model
Supporter
5/4/16
I really enjoy the comradory that is going on right now but have we forgotten why we are here? The douche bag jampo! Can we please have "some kind" of retribution or punishment! Back when I started, you do this shit and your info was everywhere! Lets do something!

Reactions: stufuse and 5t3f4n

Katsumi Yamada

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/4/18
Yeah please don’t make anyone feel like scamming.

This jampo didn’t respect members nor mods nor admins nor rules.

If it’s like this many will scam/open disputes again.

Desiree any news buddy?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
That's a bit unfair to tar all newcomers with the same brush. I am new to this hobby. I have been interested for about a year now. I joined in March and after reading up on the pit falls and advice available on here, I recently got my first rep. It was nerve a racking experience having never done this before and I have zero experience unlike like most of the members on here. My posts are in double figures still because it is hard to join in conversations when you are still learning and have nothing to add without feeling like a fool. If I see a watch for sale on here I want to buy, I hope the member has a bit more empathy for me if I ask a stupid question rather than ignore me, I am still learning. How else will I gain experience/knowledge if members aren't willing to put up with the likes of me in my infancy of being a member on here.

I completely understand what you mean, and I must say the last three watches I sold were to members with not many posts. All of them messaged me with nice, well written and educated emails. Essentially their writing was as good as yours. I'm sure that if I received a PM from someone written the same way as your post, I would completely consider it.

Buuuuuuut, on the other way:

A) I take it bro tell me your paypal

B) What's the best price I want it let's make a deal do you ship to XXXXX?

C) Can you send me QC pics? With direct sunlight and another in a bathtub to demonstrate water resistance. I think I saw a scratch in your bezel, what discount can you offer

And so and so. None of these come usually from patrons with 1000+ posts. So you can see where I'm coming from too.

We were all newbies once, it's just that some of us have interest to learn (like yourself and many others too) and others just want to flash a nice blingy Rolex at the nearest Wetherspoons.

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
I completely understand what you mean, and I must say the last three watches I sold were to members with not many posts. All of them messaged me with nice, well written and educated emails. Essentially their writing was as good as yours. I'm sure that if I received a PM from someone written the same way as your post, I would completely consider it.

Buuuuuuut, on the other way:

A) I take it bro tell me your paypal

B) What's the best price I want it let's make a deal do you ship to XXXXX?

C) Can you send me QC pics? With direct sunlight and another in a bathtub to demonstrate water resistance. I think I saw a scratch in your bezel, what discount can you offer

And so and so. None of these come usually from patrons with 1000+ posts. So you can see where I'm coming from too.

We were all newbies once, it's just that some of us have interest to learn (like yourself and many others too) and others just want to flash a nice blingy Rolex at the nearest Wetherspoons.

I completely get it now, especially if you get PM's like that regarding the sale of a watch. That would definitely make me question the buyer too!
No complaints from me personally anyway! People I have spoken to so far have been great!

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Good to see you ZoSo...been a while...and yes they have and will be...but it seems we have more than our fair share...

Thanks. Good to see you as well. I loved it here for many years. Lots of great people.

Derinee

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/2/19
Europe
VgCxQh.md.jpg
i appealed the dispute and the appeal got GRANTED. so i won the dispute. All good. jampo C Master QueTip xj4sonx

Last edited:

Katsumi Yamada

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/4/18
YES!

I bet you are not splitting the loss now ahahah!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Derinee

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
VgCxQh.md.jpg
i appealed the dispute and the appeal got GRANTED. so i won the dispute. All good. jampo C Master QueTip xj4sonx

Well done.

"Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can't get away with screwing people over your whole life. What goes around comes around. That's how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve."

An appropriate saying I believe!!!
Happy for you!