• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig jampo

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
I have a feeling that jampo ran away with the money. Hope im wrong.

Did you send him your Bank Details?

If i were you, i would have accepted him sending you the money by pp f+f as he already agreed to do. there was almost no risk of him taking the money back, as he would have to give proove that this transaction was not authorised by him, which would be more then highly suspicious. And: if he doesnt want to send you half of the amount back, he could simply go dark without sending money via pp in the first place. Thats just my opinion.

Derinee

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/2/19
Europe
Did you send him your Bank Details?

If i were you, i would have accepted him sending you the money by pp f+f as he already agreed to do. there was almost no risk of him taking the money back, as he would have to give proove that this transaction was not authorised by him, which would be more then highly suspicious. And: if he doesnt want to send you half of the amount back, he could simply go dark without sending money via pp in the first place. Thats just my opinion.

He can chargeback quite easily f&f payment. I think i have the right to choose at this point if i want bank wire or not. I think im almost too friendly if i accept 1/2 of the money after all this crap he put up.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
This is one of the most jacked up situations I can remember for a long time...and I applaud the Mods for their restraint in dealing with this...

This should be a lesson to folks here..especially those "members" who join only to buy and sell watches with no intent to contribute anything useful to this forum.

I would surely not sell to nor buy from anyone who I do not know well anymore. Be assured that if you get your name tied up in anything like this you'll never be trusted by anyone across the Foras, scammer or not.

It's a damn shame...

Last edited:
Reactions: thenut

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
He can chargeback quite easily f&f payment. I think i have the right to choose at this point if i want bank wire or not. I think im almost too friendly if i accept 1/2 of the money after all this crap he put up.

Of course you have the right to choose and all.

But i am more a simple man: To me 50% by pp is more then 0% by bank transfer - but thats just me.

I dont know jampo, nor do i take sides with him, but it could be that he is affraid to use his bank account after all that a6 threadenings and such. it´s what comes to my mind. but hey, i could also be terribly wrong, who knows what he is thinking? only jampo.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
but it could be that he is affraid to use his bank account after all that a6 threadenings and such. it´s what comes to my mind. but hey, i could also be terribly wrong, who knows what he is thinking? only jampo.

Getting his bank details is not a hard task and probably one of the first things A6 has or will dig up if going through with this situation.

Reactions: Derinee

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
This is one of the most jacked up situations I can remember for a long time...and I applaud the Mods for their restraint in dealing with this...

This should be a lesson to folks here..especially those "members" who join only to buy and sell watches with no intent to contribute anything useful to this forum.

I would surely not sell to nor buy from anyone who I do not know well anymore
. Be assured that if you get your name tied up in anything like this you'll never be trusted by anyone across the Foras, scaammer or not.

It's a damn shame...

This ^^

This hobby has changed hugely over the last few years - better quality reps, and social media being the main reasons.
It used to be a fairly small club of watch enthusiasts, spread over a few fora.
With the better quality and many dealers seeing how many customers they can get by posting on Insta and FB etc, we now have many of members who only have a superficial interest in watches - what they're looking at is the status symbol at a fraction of the price of the real thing.
We also have a whole hoard of people on RWI who never post outside of the sales section - they're contribution to the forum as individuals is virtually zero.They're here for 6 months, a year, then they disappear.
I never deal with people like this, the risks are too great - they have nothing to lose as they are basically nobodies on the forum.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
This ^^

This hobby has changed hugely over the last few years - better quality reps, and social media being the main reasons.
With the better quality and many dealers seeing how many customers they can get by posting on Insta and FB etc, we now have many of members who only have a superficial interest in watches - what they're looking at is the status symbol at a fraction of the price of the real thing.
We also have a whole hoard of people on RWI who never post outside of the sales section - they're contribution to the forum as individuals is virtually zero.They're here for 6 months, a year, then they disappear.
I never deal with people like this, the risks are too great - they have nothing to lose as they are basically nobodies on the forum.

So boomers is what you're tryna say?

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Things change. Assholes been around forever.

Good to see you ZoSo...been a while...and yes they have and will be...but it seems we have more than our fair share...

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
This ^^

125% true. I've posted a few watches for sale recently, and the amount of one or two digit post-number fellas that PM'd me with the most idiotic questions and looking for a fast deal is just overwhelming. It's the first time I haven't even responded to some of them (I used to reply even if it was to politely decline). Personally, I'd rather keep my watch than sell it to someone without supporter or patron status.

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
125% true. I've posted a few watches for sale recently, and the amount of one or two digit post-number fellas that PM'd me with the most idiotic questions and looking for a fast deal is just overwhelming. It's the first time I haven't even responded to some of them (I used to reply even if it was to politely decline). Personally, I'd rather keep my watch than sell it to someone without supporter or patron status.

That's a bit unfair to tar all newcomers with the same brush. I am new to this hobby. I have been interested for about a year now. I joined in March and after reading up on the pit falls and advice available on here, I recently got my first rep. It was nerve a racking experience having never done this before and I have zero experience unlike like most of the members on here. My posts are in double figures still because it is hard to join in conversations when you are still learning and have nothing to add without feeling like a fool. If I see a watch for sale on here I want to buy, I hope the member has a bit more empathy for me if I ask a stupid question rather than ignore me, I am still learning. How else will I gain experience/knowledge if members aren't willing to put up with the likes of me in my infancy of being a member on here.

Last edited:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
That's a bit unfair to tar all newcomers with the same brush. I am new to this hobby. I have been interested for about a year now. I joined in March and after reading up on the pit falls and advice available on here, I recently got my first rep. It was nerve a racking experience having never done this before and I have zero experience unlike like most of the members on here. My posts are in double figures still because it is hard to join in conversations when you are still learning and have nothing to add without feeling like a fool. If I see a watch for sale on here I want to buy, I hope the member has a bit more empathy for me if I ask a stupid question rather than ignore me, I am still learning. How else will I gain experience/knowledge if members aren't willing to put up with the likes of me in my infancy of being a member on here.

I was like that too when I first joined here. I understand what the senior members are saying also. I have indeed witnessed what they are talking about. However I still believe people need to be welcomed with open arms into the hobby. The vast majority are not here for their selfish needs. In time I would hope all new members become joyful contributors to this beautiful hobby. It really is a big family. Some regret that it is getting bigger but I for one do not.

Let us not let the odd few rotten eggs put us off something we enjoy.

Str1xt

Renowned Member
26/2/19

I'm fairly new here. And I think what the older members are saying is that it was never like this. It was a personable and trusting place to be when dealing with someone. Now its like a cattle market and a lot of people just don't know each other. So of course it's going to be a trust issue. Join in the conversations, don't feel like you are a noob. A lot of people will help you out. I've made some great friends in a short ammount of time.
All I can say is when you do buy or sell a watch on m2m is, do you due diligence and do your homework on they guy. Abide by the rules and if you feel something ain't right, speak to a mod. They will help you out.

Have fun.
N

Reactions: tripdog

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
That's a bit unfair to tar all newcomers with the same brush. I am new to this hobby.
I completely understand the sentiment being expressed by the seasoned rep owners here, and if I'd been into this hobby and active on these fora for as many years as they have, I'd also feel unhappy at the proliferation of new members who don't share a passion for the objects. As one of the noobs, I'm having to learn that it's going to be a long time - like, years - before I can expect to be accepted as a member of the club. In the meantime, I read as much as possible and have been trying really hard to avoid posting too much nonsense... Although sometimes I just can't help myself.

Anyway, some members have been trusting enough to sell to me already, and for that I am extremely grateful. It's been the most pleasurable way to get into this hobby - getting pieces that come with a bit of history built in and dealing with some really nice people. It helps to remember the rules here, and know that it's a seller's decision whether or not to sell to you.

But in the meantime I totally accept that it's the prerogative of the established members to treat us noobs as they see fit, until we've done our time in the hobby too!

Meanwhile, back on topic - I've been following this thread with a sense of amazement that jampo could possibly be as stupid as he comes across, and genuinely unable to fathom if his stupidity has all been an act, or if he really was just naive and in need of our pity. I still haven't made up my mind on that, and probably never will. But my sympathies are completely with Derinee... What a cr@p situation to end up in, and he's taken it like a real gentleman.

So, all that having been said... Can anyone tell me which is the best Submariner to buy?

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17

My friend, best to realize by now that jampo aint ever gonna pay you your f*n full amount. And he aint gonna go thru the trouble of sending a bank wire. That costs money, if you didnt nknow

I think he is gone from here, with a friendly threat to c-master that he will resort to "legal authorities" if his personal info is posted. 50-50 should have been accepted by pp friends when he offered. And if at all he sends, there is just no reason for him to chargeback.

How old are both of you? I am guessing each is as stubborn and entitled as the other, chance put one you on one side of the "rules", and the other on the other. Unfortunately, the "rules" are in a counterfeit product site, not within your local consumer court jurisdiction. Heck, you can insist on 100% refund, rather 200% refund for the heartburn and indigestion this has caused you, and you could win the judgement here. If you are happy with that, fine. You HAVE won the case. Realize that there is nobody to enforce judgement!!

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
I'm fairly new here. And I think what the older members are saying is that it was never like this. It was a personable and trusting place to be when dealing with someone. Now its like a cattle market and a lot of people just don't know each other. So of course it's going to be a trust issue. Join in the conversations, don't feel like you are a noob. A lot of people will help you out. I've made some great friends in a short ammount of time.
All I can say is when you do buy or sell a watch on m2m is, do you due diligence and do your homework on they guy. Abide by the rules and if you feel something ain't right, speak to a mod. They will help you out.

Have fun.
N

But in the meantime I totally accept that it's the prerogative of the established members to treat us noobs as they see fit, until we've done our time in the hobby too!

Great points and good advice. I get it! Thanks for the kind replies.

Anyway, all that having been said... Can anyone tell me which is the best Submariner to buy?

As for the submariner...........the older members seem to recommend DHG as the best trusted place to get one of these Hee Hee!