• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig - Brianleyland

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
True. Football a/k/a soccer is a worldwide sport. Here in the US growing up in the Midwest, only the kids that sucked at football, baseball and basketball played soccer. That has changed as soccer has taken off and has become very popular. My daughters all played select soccer. I just can’t stand all the flopping that takes place. One team can completely outplay the other but a flop in the box brings on an unwarranted penalty kick and a win for the weaker team.

It happens for sure, but less often than you’d think, same with diving. Now that VAR is being tested and introduced all of those problems are going to lessen significantly if not disappear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: parklanephil

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
They do it to try and influence the referees decision, but that part of the game piss's me off too.
UTD Never do it though!!

Haha some united player was naughty and got caught diving weeks back, it’s escaping me at the moment

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I knew I would get a strong Euro response. Ok, why do your “football” players act like they have had a limb amputated when they barely get touched? Sometimes they doesn’t get touched.

I love the game but completely agree, it is embarrassing watching it when players do this and worse when it is the biggest names in the game. I don’t get how players think they can get away with it all with the multitude of cameras and analysis on every detail! I remember the glory days when a tackle from Roy Keane would have them rolling around for real.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Roy Keane .

keanetackle.gif

Reactions: Cr7juv

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
What's all this "Football" Bullshit???

Brianleyland needs a penalty kick in the ass...

Can I get an Amen???
Its Friday night, below freezing point outside in Canada , pizza is on its way, stella artois is about to kick in, just enjoying adulthood memories at its finest in reflection of "fuhbul" mate ;)

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Its Friday night, below freezing point outside in Canada , pizza is on its way, stella artois is about to kick in, just enjoying adulthood memories at its finest in reflection of "fuhbul" mate ;)

I'll tell you what...

Pizza...

Stella...

OK that you are a Canuck...:lmao:

Sounds like a great time...

"fuhbul"...really....:rofl:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Haha some united player was naughty and got caught diving weeks back, it’s escaping me at the moment

Young was a true embarrassment years ago but has reformed his ways...although there is not much point diving when you are a full back!

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Young was a true embarrassment years ago but has reformed his ways...although there is not much point diving when you are a full back!

Dammit...you still want to make this about "Soccer" LOL

NO...

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
I'll tell you what...

Pizza...

Stella...

OK that you are a Canuck...:lmao:

Sounds like a great time...

"fuhbul"...really....:rofl:
See the great thing about being Canadian is that we are all diverse, while having English roots and being an Arsenal fan from way back playback when Thiery Henry used to side foot into Peter Schmeichel's net and made sir Alex chew his gum faster than a ticking 3135 movement's second hand is the reason why "Fuhbul" is the greatest sport of all time.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
See the great thing about being Canadian is that we are all diverse, while having English roots and being an Arsenal fan from way back playback when Thiery Henry used to side foot into Peter Schmeichel's net and made sir Alex chew his gum faster than a ticking 3135 movement's second hand is the reason why "Fuhbul" is the greatest sport of all time.

Still...

:daffy:

All good Bro...:p

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

Hehe. Great player in so many positions that guy.

“Talk to me when you win the prem brah” he said to Alli during an intense scrap