• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig - personwholikeswatches

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Any chance this kids parents get upset that internet strangers are helping / calling their 16 year old son.....??
Where did these guys find you son? Well, I was on the website of the worlds foremost authority on illegal counterfeit watches........................................... ........?

I mean come on.. for real.. ?? Anyone want to talk to Detective Sanchez for their relationship with a minor??

+1000000

Reactions: DD60

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
To answer some things...

1. The young man has been instructed to tell his custodial parent - his mother - about what's going on. Further, since Mrs. BOD is also on board, PWLW has also been told to give his mother my phone number and email should she wish to establish contact, verify our backgrounds, etc. etc.

2. All conversations are recorded for clarity and for the protection of all parties.

3. While I cannot and will not divulge what's been said in confidence to the general membership at large, I will say that both staff and PWLW knows what certain paths forward are. I appreciate everyone's concern. Rest assured that the appropriate professionals are going to be an integral part of any paths forward.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
To answer some things...

1. The young man has been instructed to tell his custodial parent - his mother - about what's going on. Further, since Mrs. BOD is also on board, PWLW has also been told to give his mother my phone number and email should she wish to establish contact, verify our backgrounds, etc. etc.

2. All conversations are recorded for clarity and for the protection of all parties.

3. While I cannot and will not divulge what's been said in confidence to the general membership at large, I will say that both staff and PWLW knows what certain paths forward are. I appreciate everyone's concern. Rest assured that the appropriate professionals are going to be an integral part of any paths forward.

BOD you are awesome man!!! I for one am grateful for your help here and the wisdom you share on the forum!!! I think PWLW is luck that you are on his side bro!!!

Repguy

Renowned Member
31/12/13
Why not simply enforce a 18+ rule for the forum? Obviously, this cant be verified for everyone, but when a member like PWLW openly admits he is underage, why take the risk?

The fact that BOD has to record conversations with OP should be a red flag that he might want to wait a few years to come of age to take part in a replica watch forum.

This thread has gotten weird, and frankly a bit sketchy with the personal calls to a child on the phone.

Reactions: leo6929 and DD60

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Any chance this kids parents get upset that internet strangers are helping / calling their 16 year old son.....??
Where did these guys find you son? Well, I was on the website of the worlds foremost authority on illegal counterfeit watches........................................... ........?

I mean come on.. for real.. ?? Anyone want to talk to Detective Sanchez for their relationship with a minor??

I swear I was just about to express something along these lines. This thread is taking a very uncomfortable turn, to say the least.

Reactions: SuperLory

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
Why not simply enforce a 18+ rule for the forum? Obviously, this cant be verified for everyone, but when a member like PWLW openly admits he is underage, why take the risk?

The fact that BOD has to record conversations with OP should be a red flag that he might want to wait a few years to come of age to take part in a replica watch forum.

This thread has gotten weird, and frankly a bit sketchy with the personal calls to a child on the phone.

You know what Repguy, you made me think long and hard about a few things. To what you say, I respond...

1. I record all coaching/mentoring conversations for clarity and for the protection of all parties. Why?
  • So I can go back and review my notes
  • So I can improve where I need to improve
  • So I can show the client where they've improved
  • Because I was accused of something once over the phone with a client (which was a pattern with that individual that was later discovered by someone else)
2. I did not ask for this. I was approached by a staff member and I agreed. Why? Because it seems that we both give a shit.

3. I did not call him, he called me. From a blocked number. I'm good with that.

4. You and others make me sound like some sort of deviant. If you've never been in my shoes, walked the path I've walked down, and strived to help others who've been in the path I've already been through, then you will never have a clue. I wish I would have had a positive mentor and coach in my corner when I was his age. And, for the record, my wife is in this with me and we were making arrangements for a conversation with the mom when her schedule permitted.

5. One of the main things of this forum is to help others and not to tell people to hit the search button. Well somebody decided to use me as the search button for help. Despite the fact that he's a kid, he's a member in need of help. I will always help where I can, and I'll never leave someone behind if I can help it.

What I don't appreciate is the fact that I've been on this forum since about day 3 (under 2 other names...long story), and yet people have the gall to say the things you just said. I'm not a photographer, I'm not a watch genius, I don't know the difference between a V1 and a V-WTFE. Hell, I'm not even rich. What I am, however, is a dumbass redneck who loves watches and feels that it's his job on this planet to help his fellow man. While I may not contribute like others do, I do what I can where I can. If that creeps you or sketches you or others out, I don't care. You obviously didn't read anything I've said.

Oh yeah, for the long and hard thinking part...thanks for making me think if I want to continue to be here.

​​​​​​​Just run along now and figure out who has the best Sub.

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I think the issue here is more that people are questioning why you or anyone would take the risks being taken here.

No one thinks you are a creep, just concerned for when someone decides what was once ok is suddenly not ok anymore and it is that point where people decide if you are a problem or not and you have no say in the matter.

I've seen good people with good intentions be turned on and their name smeared forever.

BOD is one of the nicest and kindest persons I've ever met, and I'd put my name on the line for him 10000% without question.
I'm just worried what happens when suddenly it isn't ok anymore?

Repguy

Renowned Member
31/12/13
You know what Repguy, you made me think long and hard about a few things. To what you say, I respond...

1. I record all coaching/mentoring conversations for clarity and for the protection of all parties. Why?
  • So I can go back and review my notes
  • So I can improve where I need to improve
  • So I can show the client where they've improved
  • Because I was accused of something once over the phone with a client (which was a pattern with that individual that was later discovered by someone else)
2. I did not ask for this. I was approached by a staff member and I agreed. Why? Because it seems that we both give a shit.

3. I did not call him, he called me. From a blocked number. I'm good with that.

4. You and others make me sound like some sort of deviant. If you've never been in my shoes, walked the path I've walked down, and strived to help others who've been in the path I've already been through, then you will never have a clue. I wish I would have had a positive mentor and coach in my corner when I was his age. And, for the record, my wife is in this with me and we were making arrangements for a conversation with the mom when her schedule permitted.

5. One of the main things of this forum is to help others and not to tell people to hit the search button. Well somebody decided to use me as the search button for help. Despite the fact that he's a kid, he's a member in need of help. I will always help where I can, and I'll never leave someone behind if I can help it.

What I don't appreciate is the fact that I've been on this forum since about day 3 (under 2 other names...long story), and yet people have the gall to say the things you just said. I'm not a photographer, I'm not a watch genius, I don't know the difference between a V1 and a V-WTFE. Hell, I'm not even rich. What I am, however, is a dumbass redneck who loves watches and feels that it's his job on this planet to help his fellow man. While I may not contribute like others do, I do what I can where I can. If that creeps you or sketches you or others out, I don't care. You obviously didn't read anything I've said.

Oh yeah, for the long and hard thinking part...thanks for making me think if I want to continue to be here.

Just run along now and figure out who has the best Sub.

I'm not personally insulting you in my previous post, but coming from a perspective that this thread has gotten a bit out of hand with what's being done. With that said, it is my personal opinion, and I'm not speaking for anybody but myself. You are obviously upset by what I posted, which you are entitled to be, but keep in mind that I wasn't trying to insult you, but speak on the situation as I see it.

The fact you have been on the forum since its inception is great, but it doesn't have any bearing on what I posted. You could be brand new, and I would think the same thing about this thread, as this isn't about any one member, but the situation as a whole. My post made no mention of your watch knowledge, wealth, or anything else. I simply said that calling a child, or in this case, having a child call someone else, is weird to me, and seems out of place in a replica watch forum. I understand that there are sections and threads comprised of completely unrelated topics to watches, but I feel as if this crosses a line for a watch forum, where I personally would be worried about continuing communication in the manner you described.

From my perspective, there is a member who has made some poor wording choices to a moderator, and was subsequently brigged. After some self depreciating comments, it came out that this member was a child, followed by some varying comments from the member. Over the course of a few days, it is made known that another member has arranged to speak to him, followed by a post saying this member is the child's mentor, who plans on providing continuing mentorship to this child. Whether or not you agree with me, hopefully you can see why other people can find this odd behavior, and make them uncomfortable. This is not me claiming you have any ill motives, but saying the way this situation came into being is odd.

I would hope you don't consider leaving the forum, as that wasn't my intention, but if my post has led you to seriously contemplate that, I don't believe I am responsible for those thoughts. In the limited times we have exchanged posts here, we have always been civil with one another, and I hope that continues in the future.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Reactions: SuperLory

Drehn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/17
I don´t want to say anything wrong, but is it really necessary to take it to this point where we´re at now?

This is a community for replica watches, I would say 99% of the people who sign in here want to have fun. There are a few douches and scammers. Like there are in any community you think of...
I don´t see the point to take it this far.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I am not uncomfortable with how far it has gone. It is almost like a proper civic re-education for this young man. There are many signs he actually needs this type of guidance if he does not want to end up sweating out the rest of his life in a single wide trailer home buying groceries at midnight end of month with a SNAP card and piles of unpaid legals fees for the rest of his life.

Reactions: BruceLee55

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
trailboss99

Title: AP Royal Oak 15202 Quartz Black Dial Review

Let me start off by thanking RepPossessed for his wonderful service and communication. I highly recommend him to anyone wanting a watch without potential customs headaches. Anyway, on to the watch.

The Dial: The dial on this watch is stunning. I initially wanted either a blue dial or white dial model, but this was the last watch Repsource had in stock. I must say, I don't regret my purchase one bit. As these pictures show, the dial is very dynamic. It goes from black to gray to white all in the same lighting. It really is wonderful. When the sun hits it just right, it tends to stay black on the edges, with a gradual gradient going from gray to white towards the center of the dial. The indices seem well aligned and well polished to my eyes. The printing is also very good, and much better than the JF model of this watch(which, mind you, costs over 3x as much). The lume is decent, though not amazing, not that you really need it. The biggest flaws with the dial are: there is no gen black dial 15202, and there is no "AUTOMATIC" text under the "AUDEMARS PIGUET"
Funnily enough, the blue dial of the same watch does have the automatic text. I guess this is a rare case of a rep maker being honest :).

The Bracelet: The bracelet on this watch is quite good. Sure, it isn't JF quality, or even close to gen quality, but it is very good considering the price. As the videos and pictures show, each brushed link catches the light quite nicely, and the brushing seems very straight to my eyes. The polished bevels are quite inconsistent, with some being straight and uniform along the whole link, and others being thicker on one side. The bracelet does rattle quite a bit from side to side, and can sometimes catch arm hair(not that I have much). The clasp is quite good, with a nice
"snick and snack" action on the butterfly. The biggest problem with the bracelet is sizing. Several of the screws simply would not come out when I was sizing it. The other problem is the unevenness on both sides of the watch. As you can see below, one side of the bracelet protrudes ~3 links, and the other protrudes 2 links like the gen. This serves to give a fixed point to fixed point measure of 63mm! It does fit well despite that, even on my 6.75" wrist. All in all, it's better than basically any other bracelet available at this price point(~155 USD shipped from Repsource).

The Case: Not a whole lot to say about this. It is 8.6mm thick, with a non-gen like closed caseback(being a quartz movement and all). The engraving on the back looks good and is quite deep, and the caseback feels comfortable on wrist. The finishing on the case looks very good to me, with well-polished bevels and bezel screws, and straight brushing. The whole watch sized for my 6.75" wrist weighs in at 137.8 grams.

The Movement: This might be a contentious point for some because the gen 15202 obviously has an automatic movement. However, I think quartz is the best choice for this rep. It allows the case to be much thinner, and since there is no seconds hand, there's no tell on wrist. It obviously keeps very accurate time, and it is convenient to have a watch that you don't really have to set.

TL;DR: This watch is excellent. It is a very good looking and feeling watch for the price. It has some flaws, but none that are deal breaking. You should buy it if you're looking for an inexpensive/first AP rep. I leave you with some wrist candy videos.

https://imgur.com/a/FhXi92p

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Nice review. But as you mention (and I find out) RepPossessed has sold the last of these, and he indicates on his thread that there's no more, indefinitely. He hasnt even replied to my email.

Good start to your redemption. I will bet that you will be out soon if you continue to put in the effort.

Compared to other members of the brig, you are an innocent kid (pun intended). The latest fellow in, tried to flog reps as gen on ebay for profit!

Reactions: XpanzerX

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
Compared to other members of the brig, you are an innocent kid (pun intended). The latest fellow in, tried to flog reps as gen on ebay for profit!

What pun are you referring to? I'm afraid I don't get it, though I may just be more dense than a black hole.

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Nice photos, beautiful watch! Good job!