• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig - personwholikeswatches

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Son of a beehive. Didn't end up selling my Aquis. The dude was ridiculously OCD about the smallest of scratches. Oh well. If any of you are interested, its on eBay right now, and you can get 100 dollars off with the pronto15 coupon code today only. URL REMOVED

Dude, You are seriously NOT helping yourself here.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Son of a beehive. Didn't end up selling my Aquis. The dude was ridiculously OCD about the smallest of scratches. Oh well. If any of you are interested, its on eBay right now, and you can get 100 dollars off with the pronto15 coupon code today only. URL REMOVED

OMFG! Do you never learn or are you trying to be a smart arse?

Reactions: DD60

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
hm, im not sure anyone is gonna care about a review while you are in the brig fella

if i had known you were in here you wouldnt have got said watch

but anyway, enjoy.. i guess

Scroll up mate, he was told to contribute.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oh and what is a 16 year old doing with a $1000 watch anyway?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Actually i bought an expensive watch aswell when i was in his age (worked the whole schoolholidays for it).

But maybe its smarter to not rage again about eBay people you really have some sort of aggression problems.

Just come down and chill more :)

Reactions: occb2

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
But maybe its smarter to not rage again about eBay people you really have some sort of aggression problems.

Just come down and chill more :)

I didn't rage about it, nor to him. I just got a bit annoyed, though certainly not to his face. It wasn't eBay, though, but Facebook marketplace.

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
OK guys, I'm just now seeing some of this. With that said, let me let some of you know some things you might not know.

personwholikeswatches is here in The Brig for a reason...reasons we're all aware of. For some reason, I took a liking to the young man. Perhaps he reminded me of me 30+ years ago, perhaps he reminds me of my middle son. Be that as it may, I saw something that begged for my attention.

I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with this young man yesterday. I know things you know, I know things you don't. What many of you don't know that, along with my day job as an OSH professional, I am also a personal coach/mentor. Aside from raising 3 boys into successful grown men, training men young and older in my military career, and being 16 once myself, I know how to work with people on many levels to achieve results. Be that as it may, I believe I can get PWLW on a good path.

One of the staff reached out to me to facilitate this. Then after speaking with PWLW, I reached out to D4M and TB. Now I'm telling you, the members here.

I have put my good name and reputation on PWLW. That is to say that he is under my wing and mentorship. Not only with regards to his personal life, but also his virtual one here. While he is here in The Brig, he will be my responsibility. He understands this and welcomes it. If and when he's released and on the full board, he will hopefully have the tools he needs to be a success here. I will not advocate his release until I am sure he's ready. While that decision lies with me, the ultimate decision to release him will be up to the Management. Once he's released, he'll be on his own per se, but I'll be there for him along with Staff.

I've done this one other time, and he turned out pretty well. PWLW isn't here for "Who has the best Sub", he's in it for the long haul. He has a true passion for watches, and this is a great outlet and resource. And I know that he'll turn into a fine member eventually. It's my name and reputation at stake here...if that means anything to you, then you know I'm all in where PWLW is concerned. I think the kid is worth it.

Let me ask here and now for everyone to cut him just a little slack for the time being. You've all had your pound of flesh. Now it's time to build him up and educate him. I was once a Noob...so were each and every one of you. You did not show up to a forum, this or any other, automatically knowing the rules. It took us a minute, but we got there eventually. Same for PWLW. Besides, this is the only place he can come to right now, so he still doesn't know what you can or cannot do in many aspects. What's frowned upon or acceptable. He needs to learn, and I will teach him. If you wish to be part of the education, I welcome it and he does too. If you're here to get another pound of flesh, then go see that fuckstick SplitFall or another member who's deserving of bashing.

The education of PWLW begins now. Join me or sit back and watch, it's up to you. Either way, I appreciate your understanding and your patience...thanks for reading.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I didn't rage about it, nor to him. I just got a bit annoyed, though certainly not to his face. It wasn't eBay, though, but Facebook marketplace.
Yeah it just looked like it when i did first read it :D

All good mate :) if you need somebody to talk (after you get out of the brig because PM issue) write me a PM.

Always trying to help people (we were all young at some point) just be friendly and cool and enjoy the nice watches.

Btw i would not wear expensive watches in the school because not only other people will may be think you are something "better" because you have expensive watches you also could put yourself in danger to get robbed.

A schoolfriend of mine got his first Gen Rolex Submariner on his 16th birthday from his parents and he was robbed two days later because he showed everyone the watch and there are not only "nice" people on this planet.

And yes i know you buy reps but lots of reps look like Gen, so be careful.

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
Yeah it just looked like it when i did first read it :D

All good mate :) if you need somebody to talk (after you get out of the brig because PM issue) write me a PM.

Always trying to help people (we were all young at some point) just be friendly and cool and enjoy the nice watches.

Btw i would not wear expensive watches in the school because not only other people will may be think you are something "better" because you have expensive watches you also could put yourself in danger to get robbed.

A schoolfriend of mine got his first Gen Rolex Submariner on his 16th birthday from his parents and he was robbed two days later because he showed everyone the watch and there are not only "nice" people on this planet.

And yes i know you buy reps but lots of reps look like Gen, so be careful.

Most people aren't really aware of Oris, I think(plus, it's sold now anyway). Also, if I ever did get a Rolex rep or whatever, nobody is going to look at me and believe it's real(trust me). That must've sucked for your friend. I think a lot of gen watch owners actually wear fakes of their watches for that same reason(and many others).

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Thats true i know a lot of them who have there gens with insurrence in the bank and wear the fakes so if they got robbed they simply just lost 500 dollars instead of 8000 USD and more.

I just mean if you ever buy rolex reps you know :D

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
OK guys, I'm just now seeing some of this. With that said, let me let some of you know some things you might not know.

personwholikeswatches is here in The Brig for a reason...reasons we're all aware of. For some reason, I took a liking to the young man. Perhaps he reminded me of me 30+ years ago, perhaps he reminds me of my middle son. Be that as it may, I saw something that begged for my attention.

I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with this young man yesterday. I know things you know, I know things you don't. What many of you don't know that, along with my day job as an OSH professional, I am also a personal coach/mentor. Aside from raising 3 boys into successful grown men, training men young and older in my military career, and being 16 once myself, I know how to work with people on many levels to achieve results. Be that as it may, I believe I can get PWLW on a good path.

One of the staff reached out to me to facilitate this. Then after speaking with PWLW, I reached out to D4M and TB. Now I'm telling you, the members here.

I have put my good name and reputation on PWLW. That is to say that he is under my wing and mentorship. Not only with regards to his personal life, but also his virtual one here. While he is here in The Brig, he will be my responsibility. He understands this and welcomes it. If and when he's released and on the full board, he will hopefully have the tools he needs to be a success here. I will not advocate his release until I am sure he's ready. While that decision lies with me, the ultimate decision to release him will be up to the Management. Once he's released, he'll be on his own per se, but I'll be there for him along with Staff.

I've done this one other time, and he turned out pretty well. PWLW isn't here for "Who has the best Sub", he's in it for the long haul. He has a true passion for watches, and this is a great outlet and resource. And I know that he'll turn into a fine member eventually. It's my name and reputation at stake here...if that means anything to you, then you know I'm all in where PWLW is concerned. I think the kid is worth it.

Let me ask here and now for everyone to cut him just a little slack for the time being. You've all had your pound of flesh. Now it's time to build him up and educate him. I was once a Noob...so were each and every one of you. You did not show up to a forum, this or any other, automatically knowing the rules. It took us a minute, but we got there eventually. Same for PWLW. Besides, this is the only place he can come to right now, so he still doesn't know what you can or cannot do in many aspects. What's frowned upon or acceptable. He needs to learn, and I will teach him. If you wish to be part of the education, I welcome it and he does too. If you're here to get another pound of flesh, then go see that fuckstick SplitFall or another member who's deserving of bashing.

The education of PWLW begins now. Join me or sit back and watch, it's up to you. Either way, I appreciate your understanding and your patience...thanks for reading.

Kudos for taking the initiative to take this young person under your wing. Putting your name and reputation on the line for a person that has chosen to repeatedly offend top caring members of the board is a ballsy charge. I'll offer my support and help to your efforts.
Having also coached and mentored young people for over 25 years, I can see the challenges you have before you with this one. I can't say that I see the value for investing the time and effort on this one. I personally feel that an accredited counselor utilizing daily one on one (in person, face to face) sessions can realize the most effective result here. The one on one, face to face counseling being the key. I'm not as confident in the phone and on line counseling being as effective. The OP has some deeply rooted issues as evidenced via his original and ongoing negative and somewhat self serving posts. Regardless, I will always offer my support to anyone of outstanding character as yourself. I am rooting for your anticipated great success here. I also sincerely hope the OP will respect and appreciate the value of your dedication to help him better himself. It is truly a rare and once in a lifetime gift to receive the help you offer.
Best of luck to the both of you.

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Any chance this kids parents get upset that internet strangers are helping / calling their 16 year old son.....??
Where did these guys find you son? Well, I was on the website of the worlds foremost authority on illegal counterfeit watches........................................... ........?

I mean come on.. for real.. ?? Anyone want to talk to Detective Sanchez for their relationship with a minor??

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
Any chance this kids parents get upset that internet strangers are helping / calling their 16 year old son.....??
Where did these guys find you son? Well, I was on the website of the worlds foremost authority on illegal counterfeit watches........................................... ........?

I mean come on.. for real.. ?? Anyone want to talk to Detective Sanchez for their relationship with a minor??

Lol. I don't think they'd care.