• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig - personwholikeswatches

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
personwholikeswatches listen up...

Because you're in The Brig here, you cannot receive PMs. As you know, that's not going to happen any time soon. I can't explain it all to you here, but I need your email address. DO NOT GIVE IT HERE IN THE THREAD. Please give your "YES" here if you agree to have staff let me have your email address. Staff is aware of what's going on and they agree if you agree.

Thanks to trailboss99 and the rest of you. You know who you are. Say yes and TB will shoot me your email. Then start checking it or your spam folders soon.

​​​​​​​Thanks Joey.

Reactions: Hor-Fan

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
personwholikeswatches listen up...

Because you're in the brig here, you cannot receive pms. As you know, that's not going to happen any time soon. I can't explain it all to you here, but i need your email address. Do not give it here in the thread. Please give your "yes" here if you agree to have staff let me have your email address. Staff is aware of what's going on and they agree if you agree.

Thanks to trailboss99 and the rest of you. You know who you are. Say yes and tb will shoot me your email. Then start checking it or your spam folders soon.

Thanks joey.

yes

Reactions: Hor-Fan

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Just curious , as to why you though it was ok to use that language in the first place ?

Did you not realize you were dealing with real people and not some computer generated text ?

Do you call people that name IRL when you are talking to them face to face ?

I seriously doubt it looking at your stature .....

Obviously not, a young keyboard warrior. Such happen, even amongst the old and occasional inebriated.

One thing I do recollect, to the perp's credit, he didnt defraud, and he didnt threaten anybody else harm, other than himself.

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
Hi everybody...

Just wanted to let everyone know that I had a nice long talk with PWLW today. In real life, on the phone. Good young man, and I like to think I'm a good judge of character. So we're working on a plan forward for a plan forward. Given that, I'm going to ask a favor.

If my name means anything here, then I ask that we dial back the negative rhetoric just a bit. Yes, The Kid did something bad. Yes, he is in here to be punished. Yes, he is being punished. We all know this. But there comes a time when it's time to cease with the negativity and start being a bit more positive. Like not harping on Tucker's living arrangements at his grandparents house. Like cutting PWLW a break just a little. So I'm going to start with this...

You might not know it, but 4 days ago it was PWLW's 16th birthday. So Joey, let me be one of the first here to wish you a

Xlgq.jpg

You're doing good, and more good will come. I look forward to talking with you again soon and helping you move forward here!

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Well then — it all starts to fall into place. Can’t say I was any less of miscreant at that age. Tallyho!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Ha! It all makes sense now. It was all pent up teenage testosterone. He just needs to get laid. Hope it happens soon. As Humphrey Bogart said in Casablanca “Here’s looking at you, kid.”

Reactions: leo6929

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
happy bday kiddo
Remember what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger :)

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Without even talking to the little perp, and just a post ahead of yours, I did come to the same conclusion. Actually even earlier, but I wont put the effort to reference. Kudos to you, a Gentleman, for putting in actual efforts! This fellow will get out of the brig in short order, as long as he is willing.

Hi everybody...

Just wanted to let everyone know that I had a nice long talk with PWLW today. In real life, on the phone. Good young man, and I like to think I'm a good judge of character. So we're working on a plan forward for a plan forward. Given that, I'm going to ask a favor.

If my name means anything here, then I ask that we dial back the negative rhetoric just a bit. Yes, The Kid did something bad. Yes, he is in here to be punished. Yes, he is being punished. We all know this. But there comes a time when it's time to cease with the negativity and start being a bit more positive. Like not harping on Tucker's living arrangements at his grandparents house. Like cutting PWLW a break just a little. So I'm going to start with this...

You might not know it, but 4 days ago it was PWLW's 16th birthday. So Joey, let me be one of the first here to wish you a

You're doing good, and more good will come. I look forward to talking with you again soon and helping you move forward here!

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I appreciate everyone's efforts to help the lad rehabilitate himself however, his actions must consider by all who were involved and we must evaluate all things regarding this member including how the member benefits the forum, etc. We have not decided when or if this user will be released from the brig. This forum is a privilege not a right.

trailboss99

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oke, the admins have discussed this and here's how it's going to be.

The kid isn't getting out yet, not quite yet anyway. He needs to serve his time in here but ibn a few weeks we will take a look at the situation. If he has made an effort to be a productive member of the forum by contributing a review or some other useful posts (in the brig, if and when he's released they will be moved) we will look favorably on his release. Deal, personwholikeswatches ?

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
Oke, the admins have discussed this and here's how it's going to be.

The kid isn't getting out yet, not quite yet anyway. He needs to serve his time in here but ibn a few weeks we will take a look at the situation. If he has made an effort to be a productive member of the forum by contributing a review or some other useful posts (in the brig, if and when he's released they will be moved) we will look favorably on his release. Deal, personwholikeswatches ?

I should be getting some watches in the near future that I'd definitely review for you all(should be selling my Aquis today, if all goes well). Thanks!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I should be getting some watches in the near future that I'd definitely review for you all(should be selling my Aquis today, if all goes well). Thanks!

Other people have previously been released from the Brig, people who've shown remorse and who have made an effort to contribute to the forum, they've posted great pics of their watches, or maybe a review or 2.

I think the point that was being made is that the Admins need to see that you are truly remorseful for the way you spoke to a senior Mod, and that if you hope to be released form the Brig one day, then you need to show that you can be a productive member of this forum - by contributing, posting, maybe a review of a watch etc - show that you can in fact be part of the community.

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
It's really simple, prove you can be a productive member and we will let you be one. If you are only hear l here to suck on the tit then why should we be in a hurry to let you out.

Prove you are a productive member by doing something that educates the membership such as reviews, comparisons, a comprehensive list of _____ .. etc.

Improve the community rather than just being here to buy and sell.

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
Son of a beehive. Didn't end up selling my Aquis. The dude was ridiculously OCD about the smallest of scratches. Oh well. If any of you are interested, its on eBay right now, and you can get 100 dollars off with the pronto15 coupon code today only. URL REMOVED

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Son of a beehive. Didn't end up selling my Aquis. The dude was ridiculously OCD about the smallest of scratches. Oh well. If any of you are interested, its on eBay right now, and you can get 100 dollars off with the pronto15 coupon code today only. URL REMOVED

Are you seriously trying to sell out of the Brig ???

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17

Lol!!!! Brilliant.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

Think before you post.

This is a privately owned forum - it costs a lot to run - it doesn't just exist in the 'ether'. People have spent time and money getting this place set up, and maintaining it. There are rules, respect should be shown to not only other members, Mods and Admin, but also forum etiquette should be observed - i.e, you don't use the forum for your own ends.

You're in the Brig and should be on your best behaviour.

Imagine you've been invited to someones house, they're nice people and you'd like to make a good impression, because you'd like to be invited back again.

Reactions: DD60