• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig - personwholikeswatches

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
I don't think he mentioned charge back. Here's what I see...

He's sat for a few days pondering the instant matter. Then, when a real issue arises, he reaches out to the community. Then he talks Mom out of a charge back. Not to mention he says he's not going to use unsavory language in dealing with the dealer or the situation.

I think the young man is learning. Good job Joey. And no need to respond...take the compliment and keep doing what you're doing. LOL

Reactions: XpanzerX

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
I agree with BOD, I think dude had a seriously bad day, was frustrated at his lack of photo skills and just went ham on folks, granted he chose the wrong folks to go ham on forsure, but seems hes calmed his tone a bit and is taking his lumps as he receives them. Just my .02 from reading both threads. I will say if I caught my boy talkin like that I'd smack him, but hes only 3 so I got a little time.

Reactions: timnic54

Repguy

Renowned Member
31/12/13
BigOffshoreDaddy We disagree on this one, although I do respect your opinion. The fact OP is already mentioning potential problems with his mom issuing a chargeback don't sit well with me.

I feel that this could be a setup to justify a chargeback, with OP claiming his mom did it without telling him, in an attempt to deflect blame.

I wouldn't trust a kid using someone elses money to be reliable when things go wrong.

Reactions: fettapa

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
I appreciate your point of view Repguy, however, I'm going to side with the kid.

We live in a day and age where we expect every entity selling something to be just like Amazon. I am no exception, because I'll look for something and then I'll go look for it on Amazon because I know I'll get it sooner. There are people on this very board who expect the very same thing. At least Joey had the foresight to explain to his mom and ask questions here, instead of allowing Mom to pull the trigger for a CC dispute or chargeback.

Yes, the kid got very sporty a couple of weeks ago. That fact is not in dispute and he's here serving his time. However, what we cannot do is convict him on what he hasn't done or what ifs. Just because he's got one bad act against him, that doesn't mean he has a propensity to commit further acts.

But it hasn't, and I don't think it ever will. If we all had a nickel for every package we had to wait for from a dealer or member, we could buy all the Gens and Reps we wanted. Joey exercised restraint here in educating his mom, and he exercised initiative in asking the community for guidance. For that alone, it's a positive step in the right direction.

If that time ever came, you can best believe that I'll be on the phone with his mamma telling everything.

It's been a week now. While I'm nobody special on here, I think the time has come to lay off the personal attacks on Joey. He's taken his licks regarding his crimes, family life, etc. As for me, unless I'm shown otherwise, I think it's time to start educating him regarding the board (just like his questions yesterday) in a positive manner. But that's just me.

Reactions: XpanzerX

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
BigOffshoreDaddy We disagree on this one, although I do respect your opinion. The fact OP is already mentioning potential problems with his mom issuing a chargeback don't sit well with me.

I feel that this could be a setup to justify a chargeback, with OP claiming his mom did it without telling him, in an attempt to deflect blame.

I wouldn't trust a kid using someone elses money to be reliable when things go wrong.

I know I wasn't going to respond, but I felt the need to. My mom will not be initiating any charge backs of any sort on the order. She just suggested that once, and I quickly shot it down and informed her that such a thing is not cool in the rep community, because TD"s often take a while to deliver, and that we would receive the watch eventually. I am also not using someone else's money, as this particular watch is a gift from my mother to my brother who is headed off to Vanderbilt for college. Thank you all. Especially you. BigOffshoreDaddy

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I'm with RepGuy until persuaded by independent or verifiable evidence.

If he's a kid, I agree he needs another chance, but I don't understand why people are taking it as gospel that this person is a kid? It's his assertion that people are accepting. Ok, so he posted a link to a Facebook page. Who clicked on it? I did. It took you to a kid's Facebook page, but so what? That doesn't mean anything by itself. Although what I find WAY more interesting is that if, instead of clicking on the link that the OP himself posted, you instead typed that same web address into a browser, ie www.facebook.com/Josiah.xxxxxxx, that takes you to a totally different page! An adult's page. Quite a smug looking adult at that. An actor by the look of it. Someone used to playing a character. Personally I find that suspicious. Especially in light of his Damascene Character conversion.

So I don't buy it. I don't buy that he's just a kid. I don't buy his 'apology'. If he offers credible, verifiable proof to the powers that be that he's a kid, then sure, he deserves a chance. But I can't help but think this guy is just playing games.

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18

If he's a kid, I agree he needs another chance, but I don't understand why people are taking it as gospel that this person is a kid? It's his assertion that people are accepting. Ok, so he posted a link to a Facebook page. Who clicked on it? I did. It took you to a kid's Facebook page, but so what? That doesn't mean anything by itself. Although what I find WAY more interesting is that if, instead of clicking on the link that the OP himself posted, you instead typed that same web address into a browser, ie www.facebook.com/Josiah.xxxxxxx, that takes you to a totally different page! An adult's page. Quite a smug looking adult at that. An actor by the look of it. Someone used to playing a character. Personally I find that suspicious. Especially in light of his Damascene Character conversion.

So I don't buy it. I don't buy that he's just a kid. I don't buy his 'apology'. If he offers credible, verifiable proof to the powers that be that he's a kid, then sure, he deserves a chance. But I can't help but think this guy is just playing games.

Last edited by a moderator:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

You may be a Bubba, but you're ginger, and there's many things you can't understand.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

You're a kid, this is the internet, don't post pics of yourself - one day you are going to be looking for a job, if your possible-future-employer finds this shit you are screwed.

Listen to to BOD, he has your best interests at heart - PM him and talk, it will surely help.

Repguy

Renowned Member
31/12/13
personwholikeswatches I would suggest deleting the Imgur link to your face. It's entirely up to you, but I wouldn't want my face associated with a thread like this. My suggestion also applies to the Facebook link, which I didn't know was posted either.

The PM conversation posted here is so far above and beyond what regular people woule consider acceptable, that I wouldn't want a potential future school or employer to find out about this, which although is unlikely, can happen if you post identifying information on this thread.

Also, this is more of a question for mods, but isn't there an age restriction for this forum? Again, this isn't a personal insult to OP, but there are even more risks when dealing with an underaged person selling and buying replica watches compared to someone who is of age, and has their own resources for the hobby (ie. Their own bank account/debit or credit card)

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I don't think I can PM anybody, though I might just be missing something. I just posted that because of GingerBubba's skepticism.

You're right, I forgot, you can't PM in the brig. . .

Don't post pics of yourself, don't post links to FB etc - basic rules of the internet.

I'll see if I can sort out PM privileges for you.

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
You're right, I forgot, you can't PM in the brig. . .

Don't post pics of yourself, don't post links to FB etc - basic rules of the internet.

I'll see if I can sort out PM privileges for you.

I know that, but I was just getting desperate(both times). It seems that few trust anything I have to say on this forum these days. Thank you!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
You may be a Bubba, but you're ginger, and there's many things you can't understand.

Did he post a tagged picture proving he was a kid or something? Lol. I missed it. If so, well for starters :facepalm:

Secondly, as I said in my post above, if he's genuinely is a kid, I'd vote for a second chance. If he's a kid. If.

Not that my opinion makes a scrap of difference :rofl:

Reactions: Hinclimincli

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Did he post a tagged picture proving he was a kid or something? Lol. I missed it. If so, well for starters :facepalm:

Secondly, as I said in my post above, if he's genuinely is a kid, I'd vote for a second chance. If he's a kid. If.

Not that my opinion makes a scrap of difference :rofl:

He's a 15 year old kid.

Please move on - I'm asking politely.

vanwolff

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
Germany
Need a place to try embedding via picr.me, so I'll be just using this sad thread.
EDIT: Works flawlessly, will use picr.me in future. Really convenient with the picture uploading via your phones gallery app.

YBga.jpg

Last edited: