• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig - personwholikeswatches

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
Give me the ban button. I’ll nuke the MFer.

1e9fabc37ca9c7c8955bfb271b45fc69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dragonman4

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/13
Big Apple
Hello all,

A while back, young PWLW - aka Joey - went on a little temper tantrum, which landed him here in The Brig...and rightly so. For whatever reason, there was something about this young man that struck me, like he reminded me of me once upon a time. So I reached out to him and we began a dialogue.

Little known fact about me is that amongst my other abilities, I am also a Life Coach. After a long conversation with Joey, and against the wishes of some of you, I began to mentor him. Like Joey, sometimes I don't listen very well either. But here was a young man who obviously was screaming for help. Well, I think we've reached the point that he knows the error of his ways, although he knew it long ago. But now I think the time is right for him to address the community, in his words:

Dear RWI,

Hey all. It’s Joey, AKA personwholikeswatches. As you all know, I went on a tirade a few months ago against Rob occb2 (and by extension, everyone on the forum), wherein I repeatedly called him things like “cunt,” and (threatened?) to kill myself. Looking back on the original post that Trailboss made showing my comments and his replies, it honestly disgusts me. I sound like the petulant child that I was (and hopefully am no longer, though I suppose you’ll have to judge that), going on a tantrum against someone trying to do their job like a 3-year-old in the mall who isn’t allowed to buy a random toy they just saw for the first time.

I honestly don’t know what I was thinking at the time. It really baffles me that I thought that any of those comments were even remotely acceptable or appropriate. At the time when I said that stuff, I had just moved to California from Kentucky, which was a big change, though I think I’ve since adapted pretty well.

I have always valued my intelligence and maturity, even though at least the latter of those two must have never existed in the first place. I always looked from my ivory tower at my peers who I tried to tell myself were stupid or worse than I was, all the while having terrible self esteem because of my weight or my inability to attract a member of the opposite sex(I think Shaun here summed me up pretty well from this point in this video until about 9:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NFy6Uc2BHs&feature=youtu.be&t=501

Even more severe is and always has been my inferiority complex to my older (by 2 years) brother who was and is skinnier, more attractive, more charismatic, potentially more intelligent, more sociable, more driven, more mature, more hard-working etc than me. I am not trying to make excuses for my shitty behavior, or justify it in any way, just maybe put it in context.

I have been trying to better myself since I made those comments. I have since joined the JROTC at my school and gotten a job. I have started going to counseling to try to address my OCD and problems in general. I got my learners permit, which has made me happy, because I love cars equally as much as watches. Essentially, my life has improved since July, and I have as well. I think I’ve become a more respectful, thoughtful person, and wouldn’t dream of being as much of an assmonkey as I was in July.

PS: Mostly to you Bill BigOffshoreDaddy. You’re awesome. You’ve made me see sort of person I want to be when I am an old man like you :). I hope to one day be as cool as you.

Thanks,

Joey

I think that Joey has learned his lesson and then some. Case in point:

Shortly after all of this began, he ordered some watches. His mom paid with her credit card. Well, the watches didn't arrive in a respectable amount of time. His mom essentially went on the warpath about it, threatening to chargeback and the whole nine yards. When he reached out to me about it all, I told him that if he thought he was in hot water with the boards now, just wait until Mom did the chargeback. With the help of
- a LOT of help actually - we were able to avert a total meltdown of Mom. Needless to say, but he showed a great deal of restraint in this, as well as convincing Mom. I might have helped a little too. (FYI, the watches are still out there somewhere)

What I'm saying here is that, since July, young Joey has taken the bull by the horns. He's in therapy and medicated, which he wasn't before (good thing, trust me). He's in the JROTC in his school, which I think will benefit anyone, especially him. It teaches discipline and respect amongst other things, which were lacking. And he's gotten himself a job working - where else - in fast food. That teaches responsibility, which was also lacking. In almost 6 months, he's turned himself around 180 degrees. I will not take or accept all of the credit. It was all up to him...I just nudged him a little.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that Joey understands the error of his ways, recognized it, took steps to correct it, and has changed for the good. I for one am very proud of him. His turnaround and his initiative is impressive to say the least.

I told Joey that I would not push for reinstatement until I thought he was worthy. As such, and in the spirit of the Christmas Season and New Year's, auld lang syne and all that, I respectfully request that Joey be released from The Brig and reinstated to full membership. If my name and reputation means anything here, I personally vouch for him that he will return as a productive and hopefully one day a respected member of this community. Anybody who knows me here, and IRL, knows that I don't do this often. Matter of fact, this is my first time doing it here.

trailboss99 and daytona4me, if you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to me. With all of this said, I hope you'll agree and I appreciate your consideration.

Regards,

Bill - BOD

Damn BOD... You sir are a stand up guy taking on the mantle of responsibility as a parole officer.

And grats to watches for wanting to change. At his age it’s still possible to fundamentally change his core character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk