Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.

Announcing PICR.me , RWI's own image hosting site!
See more
See less

Welcome to The Brig - personwholikeswatches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats true i know a lot of them who have there gens with insurrence in the bank and wear the fakes so if they got robbed they simply just lost 500 dollars instead of 8000 USD and more.

I just mean if you ever buy rolex reps you know

Comment

I predict...
      THE FORUM IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!

Guanaco on 4chan... "It's like putting a few puppies and a few butterflies with some rose petals into a blender and pushing the 'puree' button while videotaping it"

Comment

Originally posted by BigOffshoreDaddy View Post
        OK guys, I'm just now seeing some of this. With that said, let me let some of you know some things you might not know.

personwholikeswatches is here in The Brig for a reason...reasons we're all aware of. For some reason, I took a liking to the young man. Perhaps he reminded me of me 30+ years ago, perhaps he reminds me of my middle son. Be that as it may, I saw something that begged for my attention.

I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with this young man yesterday. I know things you know, I know things you don't. What many of you don't know that, along with my day job as an OSH professional, I am also a personal coach/mentor. Aside from raising 3 boys into successful grown men, training men young and older in my military career, and being 16 once myself, I know how to work with people on many levels to achieve results. Be that as it may, I believe I can get PWLW on a good path.

One of the staff reached out to me to facilitate this. Then after speaking with PWLW, I reached out to D4M and TB. Now I'm telling you, the members here.

I have put my good name and reputation on PWLW. That is to say that he is under my wing and mentorship. Not only with regards to his personal life, but also his virtual one here. While he is here in The Brig, he will be my responsibility. He understands this and welcomes it. If and when he's released and on the full board, he will hopefully have the tools he needs to be a success here. I will not advocate his release until I am sure he's ready. While that decision lies with me, the ultimate decision to release him will be up to the Management. Once he's released, he'll be on his own per se, but I'll be there for him along with Staff.

I've done this one other time, and he turned out pretty well. PWLW isn't here for "Who has the best Sub", he's in it for the long haul. He has a true passion for watches, and this is a great outlet and resource. And I know that he'll turn into a fine member eventually. It's my name and reputation at stake here...if that means anything to you, then you know I'm all in where PWLW is concerned. I think the kid is worth it.

Let me ask here and now for everyone to cut him just a little slack for the time being. You've all had your pound of flesh. Now it's time to build him up and educate him. I was once a Noob...so were each and every one of you. You did not show up to a forum, this or any other, automatically knowing the rules. It took us a minute, but we got there eventually. Same for PWLW. Besides, this is the only place he can come to right now, so he still doesn't know what you can or cannot do in many aspects. What's frowned upon or acceptable. He needs to learn, and I will teach him. If you wish to be part of the education, I welcome it and he does too. If you're here to get another pound of flesh, then go see that fuckstick SplitFall or another member who's deserving of bashing.

The education of PWLW begins now. Join me or sit back and watch, it's up to you. Either way, I appreciate your understanding and your patience...thanks for reading.
        Kudos for taking the initiative to take this young person under your wing. Putting your name and reputation on the line for a person that has chosen to repeatedly offend top caring members of the board is a ballsy charge. I'll offer my support and help to your efforts.
        Having also coached and mentored young people for over 25 years, I can see the challenges you have before you with this one. I can't say that I see the value for investing the time and effort on this one. I personally feel that an accredited counselor utilizing daily one on one (in person, face to face) sessions can realize the most effective result here. The one on one, face to face counseling being the key. I'm not as confident in the phone and on line counseling being as effective. The OP has some deeply rooted issues as evidenced via his original and ongoing negative and somewhat self serving posts. Regardless, I will always offer my support to anyone of outstanding character as yourself. I am rooting for your anticipated great success here. I also sincerely hope the OP will respect and appreciate the value of your dedication to help him better himself. It is truly a rare and once in a lifetime gift to receive the help you offer.
        Best of luck to the both of you.

Comment

Any chance this kids parents get upset that internet strangers are helping / calling their 16 year old son.....??
          Where did these guys find you son? Well, I was on the website of the worlds foremost authority on illegal counterfeit watches........................................... ........?

I mean come on.. for real.. ?? Anyone want to talk to Detective Sanchez for their relationship with a minor??

Guanaco on 4chan... "It's like putting a few puppies and a few butterflies with some rose petals into a blender and pushing the 'puree' button while videotaping it"

Comment

Originally posted by daytona4me View Post
            Any chance this kids parents get upset that internet strangers are helping / calling their 16 year old son.....??
            Where did these guys find you son? Well, I was on the website of the worlds foremost authority on illegal counterfeit watches........................................... ........?

I mean come on.. for real.. ?? Anyone want to talk to Detective Sanchez for their relationship with a minor??
            Lol. I don't think they'd care.

Comment

+1000000

Comment

To answer some things...

1. The young man has been instructed to tell his custodial parent - his mother - about what's going on. Further, since Mrs. BOD is also on board, PWLW has also been told to give his mother my phone number and email should she wish to establish contact, verify our backgrounds, etc. etc.

2. All conversations are recorded for clarity and for the protection of all parties.

3. While I cannot and will not divulge what's been said in confidence to the general membership at large, I will say that both staff and PWLW knows what certain paths forward are. I appreciate everyone's concern. Rest assured that the appropriate professionals are going to be an integral part of any paths forward.
                Will work for watches...money is OK, too.
                I am Noob friendly...if you have a question or an issue, I will help you or I will find someone who can.

WTB:

Vintage Rolex Sub/GMT/SD/Daytona
                Rolex - Whatcha got???
                PAM Sub & GMT
                PAM 225 SlyTech
                Omega Liquid Metal Planet Ocean (LMPO)

BOD Sales Disclaimer: If I buy a watch you're selling, you must fully disclose any issues with the watch. Yes, I know it's a Rep and yes, I know it's not supposed to be perfect and yes, I'm aware of Cwazy's disclaimer...but it's at least supposed to look and work like it's supposed to, and as you stated. All watches bought by me from you will be sent, unopened, to my watch guy (a very well respected individual on the board here) for inspection.

If the watch is not working as you've stated in the original sales post, I will contact you for a resolution. I will expect nothing less than a resolution or a full refund and return the watch. If we cannot come to terms, Mods/Admin will be contacted.

Nothing personal, just business.

Comment

To answer some things...

1. The young man has been instructed to tell his custodial parent - his mother - about what's going on. Further, since Mrs. BOD is also on board, PWLW has also been told to give his mother my phone number and email should she wish to establish contact, verify our backgrounds, etc. etc.

2. All conversations are recorded for clarity and for the protection of all parties.

3. While I cannot and will not divulge what's been said in confidence to the general membership at large, I will say that both staff and PWLW knows what certain paths forward are. I appreciate everyone's concern. Rest assured that the appropriate professionals are going to be an integral part of any paths forward.

BOD you are awesome man!!! I for one am grateful for your help here and the wisdom you share on the forum!!! I think PWLW is luck that you are on his side bro!!!
                  "People don't care about your watch, so wear what makes you happy!!!" -RWI Proverb# 7

https://picr.me/ralphy1975

Comment

Why not simply enforce a 18+ rule for the forum? Obviously, this cant be verified for everyone, but when a member like PWLW openly admits he is underage, why take the risk?

The fact that BOD has to record conversations with OP should be a red flag that he might want to wait a few years to come of age to take part in a replica watch forum.

This thread has gotten weird, and frankly a bit sketchy with the personal calls to a child on the phone.
                    Rolex Submariner (V7) // Rolex Submariner (Smurf) // Rolex Seadweller // Rolex Yacht-Master // Omega CrPO // AP ROO (JF V7) // AP Titanium Schumacher (Noob) // AP Gold Schumacher // AP Black Themes ROO (Noob) // AP Forged Carbon ROO // AP 15400

Comment

I swear I was just about to express something along these lines. This thread is taking a very uncomfortable turn, to say the least.
                      MY COLLECTION: https://forum.replica-watch.info/thr...5#post-3450772

- Adapted from "Hotel California" by Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by Repguy View Post
                        Why not simply enforce a 18+ rule for the forum? Obviously, this cant be verified for everyone, but when a member like PWLW openly admits he is underage, why take the risk?

The fact that BOD has to record conversations with OP should be a red flag that he might want to wait a few years to come of age to take part in a replica watch forum.

This thread has gotten weird, and frankly a bit sketchy with the personal calls to a child on the phone.

You know what Repguy, you made me think long and hard about a few things. To what you say, I respond...

1. I record all coaching/mentoring conversations for clarity and for the protection of all parties. Why?
                        • So I can go back and review my notes
                        • So I can improve where I need to improve
                        • So I can show the client where they've improved
                        • Because I was accused of something once over the phone with a client (which was a pattern with that individual that was later discovered by someone else)
                        2. I did not ask for this. I was approached by a staff member and I agreed. Why? Because it seems that we both give a shit.

3. I did not call him, he called me. From a blocked number. I'm good with that.

4. You and others make me sound like some sort of deviant. If you've never been in my shoes, walked the path I've walked down, and strived to help others who've been in the path I've already been through, then you will never have a clue. I wish I would have had a positive mentor and coach in my corner when I was his age. And, for the record, my wife is in this with me and we were making arrangements for a conversation with the mom when her schedule permitted.

5. One of the main things of this forum is to help others and not to tell people to hit the search button. Well somebody decided to use me as the search button for help. Despite the fact that he's a kid, he's a member in need of help. I will always help where I can, and I'll never leave someone behind if I can help it.

What I don't appreciate is the fact that I've been on this forum since about day 3 (under 2 other names...long story), and yet people have the gall to say the things you just said. I'm not a photographer, I'm not a watch genius, I don't know the difference between a V1 and a V-WTFE. Hell, I'm not even rich. What I am, however, is a dumbass redneck who loves watches and feels that it's his job on this planet to help his fellow man. While I may not contribute like others do, I do what I can where I can. If that creeps you or sketches you or others out, I don't care. You obviously didn't read anything I've said.

Oh yeah, for the long and hard thinking part...thanks for making me think if I want to continue to be here.

​​​​​​​Just run along now and figure out who has the best Sub.
                        I am Noob friendly...if you have a question or an issue, I will help you or I will find someone who can.

WTB:

Rolex - Whatcha got???
                        PAM Sub & GMT
                        PAM 225 SlyTech

BOD Sales Disclaimer: If I buy a watch you're selling, you must fully disclose any issues with the watch. Yes, I know it's a Rep and yes, I know it's not supposed to be perfect and yes, I'm aware of Cwazy's disclaimer...but it's at least supposed to look and work like it's supposed to, and as you stated. All watches bought by me from you will be sent, unopened, to my watch guy (a very well respected individual on the board here) for inspection.

If the watch is not working as you've stated in the original sales post, I will contact you for a resolution. I will expect nothing less than a resolution or a full refund and return the watch. If we cannot come to terms, Mods/Admin will be contacted.

Comment

I think the issue here is more that people are questioning why you or anyone would take the risks being taken here.

No one thinks you are a creep, just concerned for when someone decides what was once ok is suddenly not ok anymore and it is that point where people decide if you are a problem or not and you have no say in the matter.

I've seen good people with good intentions be turned on and their name smeared forever.

BOD is one of the nicest and kindest persons I've ever met, and I'd put my name on the line for him 10000% without question.
                          I'm just worried what happens when suddenly it isn't ok anymore?

Comment

You know what Repguy, you made me think long and hard about a few things. To what you say, I respond...

1. I record all coaching/mentoring conversations for clarity and for the protection of all parties. Why?
                            • So I can go back and review my notes
                            • So I can improve where I need to improve
                            • So I can show the client where they've improved
                            • Because I was accused of something once over the phone with a client (which was a pattern with that individual that was later discovered by someone else)
                            2. I did not ask for this. I was approached by a staff member and I agreed. Why? Because it seems that we both give a shit.

3. I did not call him, he called me. From a blocked number. I'm good with that.

4. You and others make me sound like some sort of deviant. If you've never been in my shoes, walked the path I've walked down, and strived to help others who've been in the path I've already been through, then you will never have a clue. I wish I would have had a positive mentor and coach in my corner when I was his age. And, for the record, my wife is in this with me and we were making arrangements for a conversation with the mom when her schedule permitted.

5. One of the main things of this forum is to help others and not to tell people to hit the search button. Well somebody decided to use me as the search button for help. Despite the fact that he's a kid, he's a member in need of help. I will always help where I can, and I'll never leave someone behind if I can help it.

What I don't appreciate is the fact that I've been on this forum since about day 3 (under 2 other names...long story), and yet people have the gall to say the things you just said. I'm not a photographer, I'm not a watch genius, I don't know the difference between a V1 and a V-WTFE. Hell, I'm not even rich. What I am, however, is a dumbass redneck who loves watches and feels that it's his job on this planet to help his fellow man. While I may not contribute like others do, I do what I can where I can. If that creeps you or sketches you or others out, I don't care. You obviously didn't read anything I've said.

Oh yeah, for the long and hard thinking part...thanks for making me think if I want to continue to be here.

Just run along now and figure out who has the best Sub.
                            I'm not personally insulting you in my previous post, but coming from a perspective that this thread has gotten a bit out of hand with what's being done. With that said, it is my personal opinion, and I'm not speaking for anybody but myself. You are obviously upset by what I posted, which you are entitled to be, but keep in mind that I wasn't trying to insult you, but speak on the situation as I see it.

The fact you have been on the forum since its inception is great, but it doesn't have any bearing on what I posted. You could be brand new, and I would think the same thing about this thread, as this isn't about any one member, but the situation as a whole. My post made no mention of your watch knowledge, wealth, or anything else. I simply said that calling a child, or in this case, having a child call someone else, is weird to me, and seems out of place in a replica watch forum. I understand that there are sections and threads comprised of completely unrelated topics to watches, but I feel as if this crosses a line for a watch forum, where I personally would be worried about continuing communication in the manner you described.

From my perspective, there is a member who has made some poor wording choices to a moderator, and was subsequently brigged. After some self depreciating comments, it came out that this member was a child, followed by some varying comments from the member. Over the course of a few days, it is made known that another member has arranged to speak to him, followed by a post saying this member is the child's mentor, who plans on providing continuing mentorship to this child. Whether or not you agree with me, hopefully you can see why other people can find this odd behavior, and make them uncomfortable. This is not me claiming you have any ill motives, but saying the way this situation came into being is odd.

I would hope you don't consider leaving the forum, as that wasn't my intention, but if my post has led you to seriously contemplate that, I don't believe I am responsible for those thoughts. In the limited times we have exchanged posts here, we have always been civil with one another, and I hope that continues in the future.
                            Rolex Submariner (V7) // Rolex Submariner (Smurf) // Rolex Seadweller // Rolex Yacht-Master // Omega CrPO // AP ROO (JF V7) // AP Titanium Schumacher (Noob) // AP Gold Schumacher // AP Black Themes ROO (Noob) // AP Forged Carbon ROO // AP 15400

Comment

personwholikeswatches , you've been told by staff how to get out of here. I suggest you follow what's been laid out.

I'm no longer part of this discussion. You're on your own, kid.

WTB:

Rolex - Whatcha got???
                              PAM Sub & GMT
                              PAM 225 SlyTech

Comment

TitleistRolex: my question wasn't to ask "Hey QueDick can you tell any flaws of this watch or that watch?!"
                                RM#1:
                                I’ll give you my cell and FaceTime me and I’ll show you wealth you petty lil child

QFOAHDT

Comment

Working...
                                X