• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig - personwholikeswatches

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Good for you. The way a man grows from his mistakes is best reflected in his teachings to others.
keep up the good work.

Reactions: XpanzerX

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
Title: Pic heavy Panerai PAM111 Review (Plus ZicZac leather)

I recently picked this lovely PAM111 up from Andrew at Trusty Time. While TT isn’t a TD on here, Andrew provided excellent service and communication, and I highly recommend him. This specific watch is made by a “small, unknown factory” as Andrew put it, and is not one of the super rep Noob or HF 111’s. As a result, it only costs 138 bucks, which, by the end, I’m sure you’ll agree is a steal. Anyway, on to the review!

When I unboxed the watch, I was frankly blown away by how nice it looked and felt. The dial is clean and unblemished, the polish on the case looks excellent, and the CG feels great to handle. The lever snaps into place very reassuringly and doesn’t have any play while pushed down. The lume is good but not excellent, though I’m not one to care. Beyond that, the movement is very nice to look at, especially considering what movements certain gen PAM’s can have(*cough PAM318 cough*). The Côtes de Genève looks straight and deep, with the circular pattern catching the light nicely. It’s also nice to be able to see the mechanism so clearly. One thing that this particular watch is missing is the swan's neck regulator that some of the nicer reps have, but it isn’t a big deal. The movement also feels very old-fashioned, mostly because of the winding action. It isn’t close to the very smooth, buttery winding that watches today have. Instead, it has very defined clicks as you turn the crown

The strap the watch comes on is bad and feels like plastic. That’s to be expected though. Knowing that the strap would be bad, I ordered this beautiful brown crocodile strap from ZicZac leather(#WT1327). It arrived much faster than they said it would, and the quality is very impressive. The strap is soft and supple and is very nice to look at with the intricate pattern of the crocodile hide. I think it compliments the watch nicely, to have a complicated brown strap to go with the extremely simple aesthetic of the Panerai. The deployant buckle is just a 22mm Hadley Roma that I got from Amazon. Nothing special.

On the wrist, the watch feels great. It isn’t super heavy, weighing in at 124.8 grams with the strap and deployant. I have somewhat scrawny 6.75” wrists, but I think the watch fits very well. It has an oversized aesthetic that you have to like to appreciate the watch, and I do. The specific dimensions are as follows:

Case width from 6 to 12- 43.9mm

Lug to Lug- 53.5mm

Thickness- 14.2mm

Polished Circular Bezel- 42.3mm

Dial/crystal width- 35.5mm

Case w/CG- 50.3mm

Lug Width-24.0mm

In summary, this watch is excellent. I’ve had several watches in this price range, and this is one of the best I’ve ever felt. Everything just feels quality. I find it absurd that Panerai gets away with charging thousands for the gen. The strap is also excellent. It is nice and supple, as a strap should be. The stitching is also nice and straight, and the croc feels nicely lacquered. On to the pictures!

Reactions: Hor-Fan

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Nice review ! Thanks for sharing.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Very solid review, kid. Well written and excellent pics. Keep up the good work!

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
What is the point in making a review on the brig?

Targa

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/10
you do know that watch is fake..

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Any chance for redemption and release for the inmate? He seems to be making an honest effort. It's reminiscent of Skyranger and the beautiful pictures he posted while in here.

Reactions: XpanzerX

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
He was told to do something constructive
i guess is a good try

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Maybe time to un brig him. He is a good kid and we need people like him in the main forum Just my opinion.