• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig Magnús Sigurðsson, Bókmenntaverðlaun Tómasar Guðmundssonar árið 2008

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
This is a persistent asswhipe ! He has so many socks banned over at RWG and RG.

I can stress enough people to be careful about who they are dealing with ! He's not a patient guy, his MO is always the same, freshly joined, try to buy or sell he doesn't necessarily postwhore but when he does it's not with stupid most, but some more crafted ones, they are lacking any content but they look ok if you just swipe over them.

Just yesterday I saw here, someone dealing with a brand new member, with 1 post, offering directly a sum of money via PayPal Gift and the seller just said "OK" without asking a single question about him. That's how you get scammed !

If you want to deal with a new member and you can't have info on him, use something else than PayPal to get paid !

Reactions: P..DR..D and 5t3f4n

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
If you want to deal with a new member and you can't have info on him, use something else than PayPal to get paid !

Thing is some of us got - or almost got - scammed by "established" members, with hundreds of posts and years in the forum, like Uomo1001.
This guy was even given Supporter status when he tried to pull off some HVS, while things were already looking fishy.
And I don't remember about other members but in my case it was money I kissed goodbye, having followed all "textbook" procedures with the forum.

What I've come to understand is that very few members, most of them being Mods, watchmakers etc, are to be trusted 100% in the M2M.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Thing is some of us got - or almost got - scammed by "established" members, with hundreds of posts and years in the forum, like Uomo1001.
This guy was even given Supporter status when he tried to pull off some HVS, while things were already looking fishy.
And I don't remember about other members but in my case it was money I kissed goodbye, having followed all "textbook" procedures with the forum.

What I've come to understand is that very few members, most of them being Mods, watchmakers etc, are to be trusted 100% in the M2M.

Indeed you can never be sure, there's always a risk, but there's a bigger risk with those type of new members !

reptime101

15/9/18
This is why people should abandon primitive technology like PayPal.. a moderator should put together a guide on registering on Coinbase and safely using Bitcoin. Literally the greatest invention in the last few years and the best thing to ever grace the online transaction world.

Last edited:

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
reptime101 is that more unsecure? I mean the funds are then untraceable correct? Once payment has been made there is no reversing it at all. Unless things changed I dont know about?

reptime101

15/9/18
reptime101 is that more unsecure? I mean the funds are then untraceable correct? Once payment has been made there is no reversing it at all. Unless things changed I dont know about?

Correct once you send the funds they are impossible to retrieve.

But when you're sending the funds first, usually the other person is more trusted and should receive the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise with PP the guy with less reputation and more likely to scam can get his funds back pretty easily.

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Correct once you send the funds they are impossible to retrieve.

But when you're sending the funds first, usually the other person is more trusted and should receive the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise with PP the guy with less reputation and more likely to scam can get his funds back pretty easily.

So it's not more secured, it's a different tool for scamming people.
With Paypal there's always the risk of a reverse payment if you don't send the item, with bitcoin, nothing prompt the seller to send the item, since he knows the money can't be withdrawn

Not a single transaction like this can be fully secured, that's why, I insist of choosing who you deal with first, it's the more secure way of doing trades, even if it's not 100 % risk free either

guaranteed.rohu

Looking Around
11/9/19
Hi all,

I was scammed by the same guy a month ago. I have evidence linking him to a man 'Stefan Birgir Stefansson', which I exposed on Omegaforums (see url):

https://omegaforums.net/threads/icelandic-scammer-update-stefan-birgir-stefansson.103187/

He DM'd me very shortly after I posted this, and has now sent me back my watch. I am yet to receive it - and so hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I would advise you all to do the same if you have been scammed. I have been in contact with him via the email he scammed me on <[email protected]>, and he has been responsive. There have been many scam victims (it seems at least a dozen) by this same guy.

The scammer claims that he is actually Magnus Sigurdsson, and that Stefan Birgir Stefansson is innocent. This is yet to be proven, so I would assume it is simply another lie until proven otherwise.

See pdf here on evidence I have compiled: https://drive.google.com/file/d/141MfanG6qSUX6xmdJw9Ts15kMXxT4DUI/view?usp=sharing

Feel free to contact me directly on [email protected], I have been in contact with icelandic police as well as a number of other scam victims.

Reactions: 3rdpirate

guaranteed.rohu

Looking Around
11/9/19
I'd add, DO NOT GET YOUR WATCH BACK via icelandic post. The scammer seems to be able to hold up parcels. I would use only DHL/FedEx/UPS

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I should add that those two post above are legitimate, and that this unfortunate watch enthusiast contacted me before making them and we have been exchanging info and informations about how to put this scammer career to an end

Reactions: guaranteed.rohu

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
I just read this next door and was pretty stoked to hear that this guy got what was coming to him... did laugh a little about the rock through grandma's window, but that says more about my twisted sense of humor than about justice being served.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
@Rumid

Latest pos sock redirected a member to repgeek.

MARKUS SIGURDSSON

May the worst of luck befall you, in addition to a ton or ten of bricks if I had my wish, absolute scum of the earth.

silentelephant

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/16
Michigan, USA
@Rumid

Latest pos sock redirected a member to repgeek.

MARKUS SIGURDSSON

May the worst of luck befall you, in addition to a ton or ten of bricks if I had my wish, absolute scum of the earth.
Yo somebody in Iceland report this guy to the cops, wonder how they'll feel about mr.repeat-offender

bleedinglottery

Patron
Certified
7/8/19
Germany
Dies wird in einem Beitrag angegeben, den einige Australier, die ihren Namen nicht erwähnen wollen, in Kürze auf Amateur-Uhr-Websites geteilt haben.

"Amateur-Watch-Website" 🥳

Andy Chan1

All I know is that I know nothing -Socrates
Patron
Certified
2/1/22
Paris
Good morning.

Magnús himself has to contact Landsbankinn and make a request about this.

I can tell you one thing – for few days ago an error occured and there was a hesitation in delivering transactions from abroad.
It might have affected your transfer but the error was solved 23th of march so if it has affected your transfer Magnus should already have got it.

Please ask Magnús to contact us to check on this.

this is the bank's response after 2 emails..
can you help with the situation?