• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig Niko1234

Juhani

Known Member
18/1/16
This story is beyond ridiculous. Very sad to know he's still out there scamming people.
Good to know the rep watch community really has your back in case something like this happens :)

JakeS1998

Horology Curious
19/4/17
He posted in a local Facebook group I'm in. After meeting him in person he is nothing but a complete con-man. I messed up by not being careful enough but the way he played things off at the meet up were perfect. He'll get what's coming to him. I'm not going to stop until I have my money back and have brought the situation to light on every level I am able to.

JakeS1998

Horology Curious
19/4/17
Oh and not sure if I mentioned it - I didn't have his full address until he gave me the check that bounced. Without it, I would've had a lot of trouble filing everything in court. He doesn't seem to use his head very often.

D

d4m.test

Oh and not sure if I mentioned it - I didn't have his full address until he gave me the check that bounced. Without it, I would've had a lot of trouble filing everything in court. He doesn't seem to use his head very often.

I'm curious, @JakeS1998 ...why didn't you get the police involved? Is Chicago different? Because for that kind of money, his ass would have been locked up.

JakeS1998

Horology Curious
19/4/17
@BigOffshoreDaddy I went to file a report but they didn't seem to care. They said it sounded more like a civil matter and I didn't have the time to sit and argue. They didn't let me fully explain what happened before saying that and I could tell they wouldn't care to listen. I have a few friends that are CPD officers and they told me as well that if a report is filed they won't care. It's unfortunate. I also texted Niko a few hours ago to see if he'll be making the right choice, and I found that my number has been blocked again. I posted a picture of the bounced check on Facebook and am going to begin publicizing his scams the longer he pushes this off. I've been very patient and didn't even post on this forum until now because I wanted to take the proper legal steps before anything is blown out of proportion.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
@JakeS1998, I am a retired Detective. There is a very fine line between criminal and civil. The second you went into a "Contract" agreeing to take partial payment, then it becomes civil.

There was a guy, he is dead now, so I can name him. He was well known here in NY's Porsche community. His name was Paul Resnick. He owned PAR Porsche. He was in business for 20+ years. He was RACARO USA so if you needed anything from them, he had the exclusive rights here in the USA. Anyway long story short. He had a bunch of cars on consignment. I am talking about a lot of Porsche's and expensive cars. He was going under and sold them all at great prices. He gave everyone the down payment and had them sign a letter saying they were taking the down payment and that the rest would be given at a later date. They could do nothing criminal to him. They all had to sue him.

What you can get him on is the check. The fact that the check he gave you bounced. You have him on a lot larger crime. Prove that the funds were not in there and you have another charge. PM me all the details and I will give you every charge you can hit him with!!!! I LIVE FOR THIS CRAP!!!

Rob

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Yes, in my experience CPD is not very responsive to "minor" crimes. I've experienced this first hand with an apartment building my parents own within the city limits. Unfortunately they have their hands full with serious crimes. I'm sorry that people keep getting screwed by this asshole. Perhaps the mods will allow a complete address to be posted? What can be done with such a scumbag. I'm guessing he will not stop until he's in jail for a serious offense. Has anyone alerted his former employer of this situation? I wonder if he really did switch out a watch or two as has been discussed before. I honestly didn't think he would be that stupid, but since his scamming has continued unabated, now I'm considering the possibility exists. Perhaps an anonymous letter to B. Young and company with a copy of this thread is in order? @JakeS1998 for future reference, when dealing with a scumbag like this, always verify funds are present before cashing the check and if possible cash it at the bank it was issued from. Perhaps as @occb2 has suggested you can nail him on the check. Best of luck!

D

d4m.test

@BigOffshoreDaddy I went to file a report but they didn't seem to care. They said it sounded more like a civil matter and I didn't have the time to sit and argue. They didn't let me fully explain what happened before saying that and I could tell they wouldn't care to listen. I have a few friends that are CPD officers and they told me as well that if a report is filed they won't care. It's unfortunate. I also texted Niko a few hours ago to see if he'll be making the right choice, and I found that my number has been blocked again. I posted a picture of the bounced check on Facebook and am going to begin publicizing his scams the longer he pushes this off. I've been very patient and didn't even post on this forum until now because I wanted to take the proper legal steps before anything is blown out of proportion.

Sorry that this happened to you brother. I'd be happy to offer my collection services. :biggrin:

JakeS1998

Horology Curious
19/4/17
I sued him for the bounced check as is. Many lawyers in my family so it was an easy process. He knew the check wouldn't clear and by issuing it committed a felony in the state of Illinois. I obtained an affidavit from Chase Bank (Where he and I both bank) stating that the check bounced with a copy of it. His former employer does not care about his actions - I assume they were a family friend of his. I'm sure by now they've been alerted when this post was initially made. Every time I step foot in there the employees could not be more rude and arrogant.

chefzorba

20/5/16
Charlestown, SC
A disgrace to Greeks this Niko bastard is. I can't speak for all Greeks but I know we were taught from a young age that our family name is held with pride and dignity and almost sacred. Hope it eventually gets resolved and he gets what he deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
-, in these days of silent yerning for my home to get refurbished (...RWG hobo here), it is...in lack of more eloquent terminology to find applicable...'good' to see that RWI also seems to have it's fair share of drama occasionally...although in this case it seems to be mainly in the shape of exorbitantly sized servings of greek arse salad...but it does have all the ingredients of an interesting read...and a (further) confirmation as to how brilliant our BlueBoys are at exercising their magic behind the scenes to make us all seem just that bit more safe within the community of toy watches.

Kudos, Chaps.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
He's got gypsies in his family from what I can see.

So do I gadjikane quite a few actually, half my mother's side. Do you have some kind of problem with that?
Hey if you're going to make racist comments you may as well make one that will really piss off the boss . . .

chefzorba

20/5/16
Charlestown, SC
So do I gadjikane quite a few actually, half my mother's side. Do you have some kind of problem with that?
Hey if you're going to make racist comments you may as well make one that will really piss off the boss . . .

Bad form on my end and my apologies. My comment wasn't meant to generalize or characterize the Romani or Gadjikane groups with my comment. Post edited and pm @trailboss99

JakeS1998

Horology Curious
19/4/17
So, last night at 1:30AM I get a notification that Niko Douvris sent me $1,000 via Cash App. I am still blocked from contacting me and he did not include any note. He fails to realize that he is being sued for $1,000 he owes me + $350 in court fees and that I'm well aware he can chargeback via his credit card company as he paid me via an App. Just had my lawyer write him a letter letting him know if he doesn't want to go to court on Friday and wants this all done, he needs to go to the bank and get me a $1,350 cashiers check. I'll keep this forum updated. Absolutely ridiculous that he wants to keep wasting time.