• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig lukko

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
I do not understand the message, I am banned? I might have an explanation of why?

No, you're not banned. But your posting permissions are limited to this forum, a "time out" of sorts.

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
No, you're not banned. But your posting permissions are limited to this forum, a "time out" of sorts.

Thanks for the reply. I can not see anything more now in the forum, I have lost the permissions to do this. If I'm wrong I apologize, it was not my intention. This my "time out" for how long? I'm sorry that my name is over here, in this section ... I did not have bad intentions...

JAFO

16/10/13
Then you may be on the road to redemption...

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Well try to explain your intentions, were listening as we sharpen our tools for you.

egroegart

1/7/13
OK. Just to explain. You were put in here for a reason. Profiteering and not disclosing opening and working on the watch. Clearly both are violations of our rules. We do not resell our watches for a profit. And it is generally looked down upon to add the shipping fees or taxes that you pic for when you bought the watch. Some people do that but its not right and to most of us that's profiteering. But selling the watch itself for more than you can buy it from a dealer is definitely profiteering. So. When it if you get out of the brig. Next time you sell a watch don't add the shipping you paid or other fees. ThTs not right. Most members here wouldn't pay for that anyway. So read the sales rules closely. When I sell a watch I only take in consideration what the actual watch costs from the dealer. If the price listed is 250 bucks I sell it for less. Some people try to get the 250 if its in brand new condition but not a penny more. And don't add in your taxes and shipping that you paid when. You bought it from the dealer. That's not fair. Good luck. Hopefully your time out will help you out a little.

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
I created the sales just to sell to watch, without ulterior motives/reason. Before doing this for three days I have verified the watch that had not problems (as I always do before to sell a watch, otherwise I do not sell if the clock has problems). If I was wrong I apologize. I have not profited from the sale, and if this has appeared as one of my bad intention I apologize, but this was not my intention. It's my first mistake, and I was immediately classified (for ever) as a thief and i regret this, because i am an honest person and I did not have bad intentions.

egroegart

1/7/13
No. Please don't think that. I don't think any of us. Well at least me. I don't think you are a theif if they thought that they. Would have just banned you. But this section is actually a positive and just gives you a second chance basically. Where people that are banned do not get a second chance. You apologized. I think that's great. Just make sure like I said to disclose everything about a watch and don't expect to recoup all the expenses you've paid for the watch if you're going to sell here. That's just not how we operate here. I actually go to the opposite extreme with my sales. The last watch I sold I had just paid 400 for and I sold it for 250. I like to give back but that's just me. I've never sold any of my watches for nearly what they are worth but that's just what I like to do. Not saying you have to do that but just don't make a profit and adding all those taxes and shipping looks really petty to people. We are a close knit community here and try to help everyone and learn about watches. You're fine. We don't see you as a theif

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
If, as a private seller, you want to make money with a watch here, you've come to the wrong place. You don't need to undersell, but this is a hobby platform. And like he said above, the Brig at least gives you a second chance. As to your stay in the Brig - the mod has told you everything and sent you there for a reason.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
If, as a private seller, you want to make money with a watch here, you've come to the wrong place. You don't need to undersell, but this is a hobby platform. And like he said above, the Brig at least gives you a second chance. As to your stay in the Brig - the mod has told you everything and sent you there for a reason.

+1

oh, and welcome to the Brig.

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
No. Please don't think that. I don't think any of us. Well at least me. I don't think you are a theif if they thought that they. Would have just banned you. But this section is actually a positive and just gives you a second chance basically. Where people that are banned do not get a second chance. You apologized. I think that's great. Just make sure like I said to disclose everything about a watch and don't expect to recoup all the expenses you've paid for the watch if you're going to sell here. That's just not how we operate here. I actually go to the opposite extreme with my sales. The last watch I sold I had just paid 400 for and I sold it for 250. I like to give back but that's just me. I've never sold any of my watches for nearly what they are worth but that's just what I like to do. Not saying you have to do that but just don't make a profit and adding all those taxes and shipping looks really petty to people. We are a close knit community here and try to help everyone and learn about watches. You're fine. We don't see you as a theif

yes mate, in the past I've sold many watches ... and I never, I repeat never, derived profit from these. I have always sold the watches less than what I had paid, except in this case, where I added taxes and shipping fees (€ 15 in total). This is my first error. I never wanted to steal, and I will never do it. This is a nice community and I'm sorry that his happened. But people judge me now as a crook (see the comment above last user where he says that I wanted to profit from the sale) .... this was never my intention, but people now think that of me and I come judged in this way now

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
images
Welcome!

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Look suppose you would have sold that watch here and the member then had a problem with it, you know the one you didn't disclose, the one where you took the watch apart to fix it but you couldn't fix it, yea that problem. Then you'd be on here refusing to take it back because it was a final sale. Your where you belong for now, ya dope.

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Look suppose you would have sold that watch here and the member then had a problem with it, you know the one you didn't disclose, the one where you took the watch apart to fix it but you couldn't fix it, yea that problem. Then you'd be on here refusing to take it back because it was a final sale. Your where you belong for now, ya dope.

This iss my only first mistake ..... the first ... A mistake, I apologized, and I explained that I had no bad intentions. I do not know for how much longer I will not be able to access the forum, but if this is the punishment I will respect, although I repeat that I did not have bad intentions.

I sold many watches in the past here on the forum, never steal anything to anyone. I'm not a thief, but here you have made me go through this.

I am not a crook, and I tested the movement before placing the ad, if the watch did not have reserve power I never sold it, but it takes more than 48 hours, like any other watch with eta 2836 that I've had in the past.

But that does not matter, because I could say that I'm sorry for the hundredth time, but I would not come anyway listened...

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
Whilst recouping shipping costs/"taxes" etc may not be against the rules of the forum.....it certainly goes against the spirit of the forum.....that together with your inflated sale price and non-disclosure is what landed you in the The Brig.

I can see that this won't be a permanent stay for you here.....but please bear the above in mind for future sales when my friend sub decides you've done your time.
menottes.gif

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Listen, there was and is a problem with the watch, enough of a problem that you made a thread and took apart the watch and even said the problem wasn't fixed. You were still so concerned that you contacted the seller who may or may not have said the problem was normal but more likely told you to return it for repair which you didn't. You also didn't send it to a watchmaker for a look see, nope, you decided to watch it for a couple days and now in your expert opinion its fit for sale with no disclosure and no return.

You may not be a thief, I never said you were nor did anyone but your less then honest and let's not forget you did sell it to someone. To bad that someone is unknown here so we could follow up with that buyer.

egroegart

1/7/13
Well put sub. That's the reason you're in the brig noon. Now is just. A time to redeem yourself