• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the brig Warmbold1000 bloody scammer

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
Doh, guess I'm the latest potential victim.

He was advertising a Daytona 'CF' bezel and 'Noob' dial. You can say both were 'well priced' but not so much so that would arouse too much suspicion. Total £147. Not a lot of money.

I contacted the man and he did come across well and played by the rules. Asking me to wait until green to make the payment, tagged me as the one to whom he was holding the items, etc.

Sure enough, I paid on green and made it clear that I paid by posting in the threads as well. He used the name 'Howard Waddell' with PP [email protected]

I paid at 6PM but did not receive any confirmation of payment that night. It wasn't until morning the following day that he thanked me for the payment and told me he would despatch the items later the same day.

I found out just now he's been banned, thankfully Tripdog did give me the supposed tracking number. It appears legit as it is headed to my address and is posted using special delivery. I do hope I get what I paid for (and not a turd in a box), will find out when I'm back home in a couple of days.

Given he acknowledged my payment and even sent the parcel with express delivery, this transaction does appear to be legit (let's see in a couple of days). It could very well be that he was simply building rapport using smaller transactions before striking big later on. The point of my post is, he did not exhibit suspicious behaviour or raise any red flags to me, he also knows how to conduct convincing sales, making him quite difficult to spot.

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS
The point of my post is, he did not exhibit suspicious behaviour or raise any red flags to me, he also knows how to conduct convincing sales, making him quite difficult to spot.

You’re very on point with this. I take full responsibility for my stupidity in this, but he went as far as building a 1 to 2 year relationship with a very, VERY trusted board member and then used him as leverage to get a referral so in looking for the watches I was looking for at the time I essentially went to him. You don’t think about being scammed in situations like that, but in retrospect there were many red flags I should have caught but ignorantly didn’t. He even also did a $7000 transaction with 1 or 2 other board members that went smoothly. So those transactions coupled with a referral made it easy for me to fall right into the scam.

$15k and many months later he’s still scamming. Horrible lesson learned the hard way tho.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Were the police not interested in your report about him?

proxyserv

29/3/12
Guess who's back
Back again
Scammy's back
Tell a friend.

Bunnyman3.jpg

3 trailer park girls go round the outside, round the outside . . .

BM1-LI.jpg

Lewis recently celebrated his birthday - 31 years young ! Darling you look gorgeous - is that jacket a Stella McCartney ?

BM3-LI.jpg

Double duck.

BM2-LI.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/lewis.collins.54

SlippinJimmy

Renowned Member
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
23/9/17
Latest sock of this POS:

Under44

Most recent alias/shipping address used by the individual behind this account, for those who may be interested..

Last edited by a moderator:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Most recent alias/shipping address used by the individual behind this account, for those who may be interested..

This is a real person who has been conned by the scammer into accepting parcels for him. His name and address can not be published because he is not involved in these scams.

Nobody should be dealing with or shipping anything to any person associated with Chichester Cathedral.

mjs22075

Do you like our owl?
Patron
Certified
8/8/18
UK Yorkshire
Is this cunt still at it? I had a WTB ad for a 5517 awhile back. He offered me Franken by PM. Probably with the intention of having me over. Scum,

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
Lewis you are such a fool

aren’t you tired of scamming innocent members? why do you keep coming here? you have no place in this community and never will.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
It's a strange one. I had a perfect transaction with him and conversation was great, polite. Zero signs of what unfortunately he was hiding underneath. Shame as we had a good few chats... shows you underneath it is a decent guy, just a shame he has tarnished himself with such an awful past. Particularly for those losing £1000's.

What a strange old world we live in, you never really can be sure who you're dealing with on the other end of that internet!

And people still question why I only really deal with well experienced members (not even that is 100% protection).

mrln

Supporter
25/11/20
EU
I had exactly the same experience 1.5 years ago with my first deal here (but different user). Everything went well, watch was as described. Months later the guy landed in the brig.

philiusmaximus

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/2/14
UK
I had exactly the same experience 1.5 years ago with my first deal here (but different user). Everything went well, watch was as described. Months later the guy landed in the brig.

Even Harold Shipman managed to dish out a few good honest treatments before the moment took him.

There's an genuine comparison and insight to be had here but I've not figured it out yet