• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the brig Warmbold1000 bloody scammer

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
for me it was just basically a casual guy speaking to me about watches. he seemed like he is living a pretty chill life in an abundance of money - nice cars, cool watch collection and random chats about life in general. after a lengthy discussion about a particular watch, he offered it to me for a decent price. i said i won’t take it due to the customs risks from the UK to the EU.

he brings up the fact that later on during the month he will be in France and that he his half French (lol bs) and if i wanted to wait he can ship it from there. i was cool with that, he never rushed me for money which made me feel at ease. his speaking made me feel like i could trust him, basically i was groomed for it from the start and looking back now noticing how gullible i was to believe this bullshit.

i saw no red flags indicating that he was a scammer from his life profile (what i knew anyway) and his speaking in general, which further proves that he has done this many many times before with the same formula of success.

long story short, i have learned a big lesson from this.

Sorry to hear you were scammed, looks like the scammer has been outed and he will now be the brunt of the scam with his personal details outed.

Reactions: wubsub

Tbignew

Known Member
24/12/21
I'm stunned of what i'm reading here...

For the unfortunate victims, seems you are more than 5, if you paid him with paypal get together and contact Paypal, doesn't matter if it was FF or for a rep watch (it's just a goods for them), PP could at least freeze the account.

Last edited:

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
I was also conned in March last year, he conned me into a trade for my 5711 Tiffany Nautilus. I never received the trade watch, but after 4 months I did finally receive some cash after help from the mods. I was lucky, and the story is the same, seemingly nice guy, good conversation etc etc, then come all the excuses. Yes, someone in the UK needs to sort this bloke out…………

Reactions: wubsub and Fishpan

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS
I failed to mention… Thank you very very much to the gentlemen on here that are always willing to lend a hand in our awesome community. tripdog , sunrayminor , proxyserv (who I’d love to pay/hire for his services and incredible skill set) and all the other great guys that makes this place what it is. My issue was outside of RWI so no one has the responsibility for or are required to help in any manner but of course, everyone was very willing and awesome. Thanks again guys.

Last edited:

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS
If we have someone that can help us navigate with the logistics of getting a lawyer in the UK since we’re mostly all over the planet I’ll gladly pay for 1/2 of whatever fees are involved to file, retain, etc. As for what it costs after anything gets going, I’ll certainly help but I don’t know what the costs look like to be able to commit to a certain amount.

We should start discussing. I don’t mean flood this post with the details but general speak here and details via PM, email, etc.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
I failed to mention… Thank you very very much to the gentlemen on here that are always willing to lend a hand in our awesome community. tripdog , sunrayminor , proxyserv (who I’d love to pay/hire for his services and incredible skill set) and all the other great guys that makes this place what it is. My issue was outside of RWI so no one has the responsibility for or are required to help in any manner but of course, everyone was very willing and awesome. Thanks again guys.

well said brother. the mods here don’t get enough credit. their work is impeccable.

olliebob1989

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/22
He scammed me £2200 for a rep 16500ln Daytona black dial. I have all the chat history etc saved. Can anyone get his IP address if you contact him through social media? I can find him online.
As per banding together and getting a lawyer, I cannot afford it. I’m absolutely broke.
I can’t believe this and I hope he reads this post of mine. I really need that money back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve497

Horology Curious
11/1/22
Australia
Damn, sorry for thoose who got scammed that f#cking sucks. I just don't understand how scumbags like this can go through life feeling good about themselves.

olliebob1989

12/1/22
I need everyone who has been scammed by Lewis to direct message me with a rough date/time period and a total amount. In my case he collected the £2200 in four payments on different days. Tag someone who has been scammed if you’re tagged please

Fishpan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/4/20
New York
I need everyone who has been scammed by Lewis to direct message me with a rough date/time period and a total amount. In my case he collected the £2200 in four payments on different days. Tag someone who has been scammed if you’re tagged please

Can you explain the 4 different payments.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS

What method of payment did you use? If you used a payment method like PayPal or funded by a credit card, then you would have some recourse to dispute the charge. If you did Bitcoin then you have no recourse unfortunately.

PHutch

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/1/20
You have no chance with paypal. you can't say i've bought a copy watch. i sold a pam to a guy and he said it was a watch and i had to give him his money back
this was on here. but this is against the rules so i was £200 out of pocket but i took it on the chin and learned by it. Nothing like your loss though

Reactions: ProfRolex

Fishpan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/4/20
New York
You have no chance with paypal. you can't say i've bought a copy watch. i sold a pam to a guy and he said it was a watch and i had to give him his money back
this was on here. but this is against the rules so i was £200 out of pocket but i took it on the chin and learned by it. Nothing like your loss though

But you can say. I purchased a watch and it was never sent. I was scammed and PayPal will respond. Second. If you used a Credit card thru PayPal you can put a stop payment. The buyer says he paid in 4 installments. I’m curious to know how he paid. Waiting on clarification.

olliebob1989

12/1/22
As per instruction from a helpful mod, I have posted this here rather than in a private message to the post creator.

can I ask you to please provide me with unequivocal that the photo and name Lewis Collins is correct? Do you have his date of birth from companies house?

I was reluctant to ask for this publicly because if this is a false allegation against someone, his details are being leaked for thousands of active site users to see.

if you would prefer to keep any private information private, feel free to pm me the answer to above. There’s no rush for a reply. I imagine the proof isn’t easy to put together otherwise it would be uploaded to begin with?

thanks again for the reply and instruction via pm